Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Working on form. Trying to focus on pulling all of the slack out the bar first (didn't do that on the first rep).

LOL - I didn't record it, but that's exactly what I was doing at lunch for my DL session. Making sure to pull slack out. That, and get used to deadlifting conventional with my new belt. Might have to try swinging the lever around back before tightening it.

• jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Working on form. Trying to focus on pulling all of the slack out the bar first (didn't do that on the first rep). Also need to start focusing on thrusting through the top of the lift. Just trying to improve with more and more reps.

Volume deadlifts always make me want to puke.......oyyyyyy :s (nice work bro)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    ^ I can't stop looking at those shoes...... :o
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

You likey?!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Working on form. Trying to focus on pulling all of the slack out the bar first (didn't do that on the first rep). Also need to start focusing on thrusting through the top of the lift. Just trying to improve with more and more reps.

Volume deadlifts always make me want to puke.......oyyyyyy :s (nice work bro)

Thanks boiiiiiiiiii!
  • not_a_runner
    Options

You likey?!

Yes, you're making me want to go buy more lifting shoes! lol (I don't need more shoes! Plus I've been deadlifting in my socks. But I have to have SOME KIND of shoes for my meet, so it'd be justified...... lmao)
    I was looking at some solid black Adidas squat shoes yesterday but $200 :'(
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options

You likey?!

Yes, you're making me want to go buy more lifting shoes! lol (I don't need more shoes! Plus I've been deadlifting in my socks. But I have to have SOME KIND of shoes for my meet, so it'd be justified...... lmao)
    I was looking at some solid black Adidas squat shoes yesterday but $200 :'(

Not sure of your shoe size, but try here for some options. The ones I have are depleting from Asics website but they're only $30.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you remember Stephanie (arditarose on MFP).

I've been coaching her since June/July and she just had her mock meet today. She competed for the first time in November as well and had a blast. We are prepping her for a meet on March 25th and we ran a short intensity block after having to fix a few things in her squat.

When we started back in June/July she was at 185x3 on the squat, VERY close to below parallel but a tad shy. 90x3 on bench touch and go, and 215x3 on the deadlift.

Today she fought through a 240 squat for a +20lb PR over her November meet, and a 290lb dead for a +15lb PR over a few weeks ago and +45lb from her meet.

Her bench has been a struggle but we are going to make some changes this training cycle.

Here's the videos from today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8sRjxzvuA

That's awesome! Would love to see the video, but it says "this video is private"
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Oh crap! Sorry about that. i'll get it fixed in about an hour.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you remember Stephanie (arditarose on MFP).

I've been coaching her since June/July and she just had her mock meet today. She competed for the first time in November as well and had a blast. We are prepping her for a meet on March 25th and we ran a short intensity block after having to fix a few things in her squat.

When we started back in June/July she was at 185x3 on the squat, VERY close to below parallel but a tad shy. 90x3 on bench touch and go, and 215x3 on the deadlift.

Today she fought through a 240 squat for a +20lb PR over her November meet, and a 290lb dead for a +15lb PR over a few weeks ago and +45lb from her meet.

Her bench has been a struggle but we are going to make some changes this training cycle.

Here's the videos from today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8sRjxzvuA

She's a complete animal!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting it, but this morning was a great day in the gym. Hit new rep pr for both my squat and deadlift even while still being on my cut (down to about 188-189bw) Especially happy with the 290 squat for 8 :smiley:

https://youtu.be/IRv12_cM-ek

Nice! It will be about a month before I hit AMRAPs like that again.
  • not_a_runner
    Options

2nd week of 5/3/1- main set 260x3+ and hit 9. These were my joker sets at 275x3, 290x3, and 305x1.
    Then 235x5x3 semi-rushed squats because we only have two racks and people who actually lift were waiting.
    I programmed my deadlift pretty moderately because I wanted to start things light so I could hit some higher reps at the start. I haven't been doing a lot of rep work and I can't remember the last time I've done touch n go. But I'm wondering if I underestimated myself, because while this was a tough workout I was sort of surprised how easy everything felt!
    11 weeks out!