Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to get gf into fitness?

Replies

• provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    junelove89 wrote: »
    Damn, I wish I had a boyfriend who wanted to workout as much as I do and be my motivation :'(

This... i have broken it off with guys who don't get it... calles me "youre at the gym again?".. yes, every day you idiot. Get lost. lol

I think Gym People and Non-Gym People just don't work as a couple. I had a boyfriend years ago who didn't want to take me out on my birthday because it was "cardio day". I no longer date gym guys.

He should've run his *kitten* to the restaurant then.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Damn, I wish I had a boyfriend who wanted to workout as much as I do and be my motivation :'(

This... i have broken it off with guys who don't get it... calles me "youre at the gym again?".. yes, every day you idiot. Get lost. lol

I think Gym People and Non-Gym People just don't work as a couple. I had a boyfriend years ago who didn't want to take me out on my birthday because it was "cardio day". I no longer date gym guys.

He just didn't want to take you out. "Cardio Day" was his excuse. I SUCK at time management, and I can manage to do cardio and take my wife out to dinner. On the same day, no less.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    sullus wrote: »

He just didn't want to take you out. "Cardio Day" was his excuse. I SUCK at time management, and I can manage to do cardio and take my wife out to dinner. On the same day, no less.

No - he was a total Gym Person and very regimented with his workout. He'd miss his own birthday if it was "leg day".

He did end up taking me out but I broke up with him just a few weeks after that.
  • Tcoll1991
    Tcoll1991 Posts: 2 Member
    If she doesn't like fitness already then don't bother, she has to want to. If she's interested in it at all though suggest that you guys start doing 5ks together. The guy I started seeing suggested this recently as we're both trying to get in shape and I found it to be a cute and motivating way to spend time together doing something we both enjoy.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member

No - he was a total Gym Person and very regimented with his workout. He'd miss his own birthday if it was "leg day".

He did end up taking me out but I broke up with him just a few weeks after that.

Lol, no... Your birthday and leg day can be the same day. It's not like the world stops for your workout. A "gym-goer" realizes that there are still other parts to the day.

He wasn't interested.

And there is a thread dedicated to people asking you relationship advice?
  • PalePocahontas
    PalePocahontas Posts: 1,130 Member
    Leave her so she can find someone who appreciates her the way she is.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    wow. I hope she breaks up with you. she deserves way better than you.
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member

Lol, no... Your birthday and leg day can be the same day. It's not like the world stops for your workout. A "gym-goer" realizes that there are still other parts to the day.

He wasn't interested.

lol Um, Jan 27th isn't your birthday. It says right here, bicept supersets.

I'm not that crazy about gym days. Yes I go 6 days a week but that's partially due to the fact that I'm not coming home to a hot peice of *kitten* in my bed waiting for me, either. But whatever, i digress...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

He wasn't interested.

:D
    Have I told you that I love you yet?
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member

He wasn't interested.

lol Um, Jan 27th isn't your birthday. It says right here, bicept supersets.

I'm not that crazy about gym days. Yes I go 6 days a week but that's partially due to the fact that I'm not coming home to a hot peice of *kitten* in my bed waiting for me, either. But whatever, i digress...

Totally agree with you. My workout would be done at home if I had "a hot piece of *kitten* in my bed waiting for me" too lol no need for gym. Not as much at least :D
  • KwaziiNeko
    KwaziiNeko Posts: 74 Member
    Give me her number I'll tell her I like her big booty and I'll let her sit on face!
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member

Precisely ;)

damn i would be like "you better be going to the gym today!!"
    and then i would stay home and have my quality alone time.
  • junelove89

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!
  • JeffreyMGiron

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!

besides, i dont like working out at the gym, thats why i run trails and have all my other equipment at home. I like the secluded home gym.
  • junelove89

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!

besides, i dont like working out at the gym, thats why i run trails and have all my other equipment at home. I like the secluded home gym.

Me too! I cannot wait for the good weather to start jogging outdoors again B)
    I would love to have my own workout room at home. I need to invest in weights and ditch the crowded gym full of people just taking pictures of themselves or talking and just taking up all the damn machines for no reason! Phew, got that outta my system lol
  • JeffreyMGiron

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!

I would love to have my own workout room at home. I need to invest in weights and ditch the crowded gym full of people just taking pictures of themselves or talking and just taking up all the damn machines for no reason! Phew, got that outta my system lol

no weather stops me actually, ive ran this whole week in 0-20 degree weather, and i plan on trying to go run in this 2 feet of snow we are anticipating. Then my weights havent touched in a week because im trying to do more runnings for now, but if the snow is too much ill be doing weights all weekend.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member

He wasn't interested.

@_incogNEATo_ dude...I was 27 and didn't know any better. I learned from my mistakes - which is why people come to me for advice B)

You certainly are cranky today. better get to the gym and work out your frustration.

• junelove89

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!

no weather stops me actually, ive ran this whole week in 0-20 degree weather, and i plan on trying to go run in this 2 feet of snow we are anticipating. Then my weights havent touched in a week because im trying to do more runnings for now, but if the snow is too much ill be doing weights all weekend.

I'd do more jogging if I had someone to go explore new places with. I can only do certain areas where I know where I am going and not get eaten by some wild animal lol
    I also do not like jogging in the dark and alone :(
  • JeffreyMGiron

Precisely ;)

Hey, that works too!

I'd do more jogging if I had someone to go explore new places with. I can only do certain areas where I know where I am going and not get eaten by some wild animal lol
    I also do not like jogging in the dark and alone :(

the trail i take splits into two, theres one with massive inclines, and then theres a straight forward one, each one is about 10 miles and leads to a lake. My ideal goal is run those ten miles non stop...right now i can only do 5...i think if i pace myself a little better i can get do it by May, then again idk because its probably the cold weather thats stopping me from going past 5, but im trying and since i love fishing id have my fishing gear with me when i can run the 10!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I guess when you've been with someone for so long health is more important than vanity.