WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Katla, someone else wrote the blog, but it fit my situation perfectly. I realized I had to get out when I was suicidal, and thinking of ways to take my kids with me so they wouldn't be left to his abuse.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Welcome all newbies!!!

Heather - I love being outside too, for a meal or just reading – I have a laptop and bring it out also, I don’t mind kid noise, but the mowers, blowers, and all the trimming tools!!! Here there are yard/garage/tag sales with lots of good buys and folks tend to try to move at the end of the school year, and patio tables are a hassle to move I have gotten some great items… are there those kind of sales in UK that you could start looking for a great deal at?

KJL – Lavender oil doesn’t work because a. the kid is 2! And b. you followed it up with 20oz of hot chocolate!!! Now I could definitely see using lavender or another oil to help relax you while you do chemo… or maybe something to stimulate appetite

Miriam - I am so glad you and the kids moved instead of passing on! You are one strong cookie!

Well had breakfast with you, have to leave to the Super Bowl party by noon, and don’t expect to be home until 8 or later… hoping to be able to stay awake to watch Downton which is on from 9-10pm in my area. So may not check in again until tomorrow.

Happy SuperBowl Sunday, here’s hoping your team wins(as my team did not make it), the commercials are cute, and there are no serious injuries.

Kim from N. California
  • frugalshrimp
    frugalshrimp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi --This is my first time here, and I love the support and care you show one another! I hope to get to know you all better.

I am 54 and I am generally quite active. I have gained about 20 lbs in the last year and I have finally decided to get serious about going back to my normal weight range.

Ironically, weight loss is my profession! I am an obesity researcher design weight loss interventions --so it's time to get serious about my own weight. :)

My modest goals for this month: log food daily, and exercise at least 5 days a week.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Sylvia-Don't give up! You are one of my biggest inspirations on here. You have achieved more than most people can imagine. We are here for you like you have been for us.

Pip- I love your backyard!

Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Russian kettle bell swings's-20 2X 10 X 25

I decided to give my body a little rest today so deloaded from the 30 pound kettle bell to the 25.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    went and fed DFIL and then came home.. then went back out down to see not one but 2 aunt's(sisters) 2 doors down from each other at the same hospital...had to wait on the cousin to get the wheelchair, so just got home about 2o minutes ago..
    Tom being a cranky puss today.. today I am just getting on his last nerve with whatever I say or do...so staying away.. he wanted to start doing the taxes and now .since it is mid afternoon he doesn't want to start it now.. he will have all next weekend as I wont be here..
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps -

grits - kirby has never been on the bike without a helmet. this was one of those poles that are in the middle of a paved trail to keep cars off of it so they won't use it as a road. its the same color as the pavement which is dumb and yes he was looking up. when we do century rides or non century, we always look up

GOOD! So many do neither. I can't understand why they'd paint the poles the same color as the trial. I know when I worked, they had these 'huge' planters out front of the courthouse; to prevent anybody from driving a truck up there.

All - I'm calling GYN's office in the morning. Feel a little better; now that I have been able to 'go'. Zapped energy out of me. :/ I had to track the actual food that we're eating. Bowl of chili and rice. Ha! Ha! Ha! That should 'help' me. :p

Lenora
  • pixytixy
    pixytixy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am here for the accountability! My goals for February are to be consistent for the month and do what I say I am going to do! I would like to lose 2lbs a week this month so I am really hoping to be down 8lbs this month! Please add me as a friend!

Colleen <3

• pixytixy
    pixytixy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I liked your positive message do what I say I am going to do! I would like to lose 2lbs a week this month . Thats all i am going to do nothing else I am tired of failing so i must change so do what i say i am going to do is my message r
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    syyenvrusgw7.jpeg
    After the 2 mi, he tried the treadmill for the first time. Had to hold on for support but was able to do it
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Yeahhhhh Kirby!!!
  • jehdog1
    jehdog1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this Message Board. Looking forward to connecting with other women with common interest and issues. I'm from the Pacific NW, married late in life, and spent the last 7 months losing weight after a long slow gain. Hi everyone!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon~ I have tried the one with espresso bits in it, its pretty good. The fact that the chocolate bars were bought by husband, says he is paying attention to what my likes are. Not just buying the cheap candy store brands. He actually bought two zucchini the other day, (they were on my list, didn't expect him to get them). He asked the veggie guy how to pick good ones....I was amazed that he took the time to do that. He is one great guy, my guy.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    (((((((hugs))))) Lenora! I hope you feel better soon!

Kirby you go YOU, you know we all are your biggest fans (in support, not in weight mind you).....

Welcome all the new ladies, from an ol' gal in Oregon.
    Becca

PS. husband and I walked around the grocery store, having fun stopping now and then to cuddle, and lean in for a kiss. I SWEAR he has gotten a romantic liver.... I do not have any memory of him being this affectionate ever, especially doing such a simple activity as grocery store shopping. Today we are watching the Big Game.. rugby. Between Ireland and Wales!! Go WALES :-)
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    [quote
    My sleep issues are currently related to a long term relationship breakup. Getting use to sleeping alone again and getting my thought to a better place so I can fall asleep. I try to not nap during the day because it just makes the nights worse.

Anne from Wisconsin [/quote]

Sleep was challenging for a long while after my break up. Mine has finally improved, thankfully! I think eating better and exercising helps, but to be honest, for me, it mostly had to do with my state of mind. I had to make a real concerted effort to forgive him...I tried to forgive the mistress, but that is just not happening! Once I did forgive him, it slowly became a little easier to take care of myself, to find joy, and even to look for joy. Be gentle with yourself and take whatever time and steps you need to take for you. Sending hugs and warm sleepy thoughts your way.
  • VeraWatkins1
    VeraWatkins1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Vera - Welcome! Sounds as if you have got a good routine going! :flowerforyou:

Heather UK

Hi Heather,

Thanks. I'm trying to keep a good routine.
  • VeraWatkins1
    VeraWatkins1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome.

Vera :):)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hi --This is my first time here, and I love the support and care you show one another! I hope to get to know you all better.

I am 54 and I am generally quite active. I have gained about 20 lbs in the last year and I have finally decided to get serious about going back to my normal weight range.

Ironically, weight loss is my profession! I am an obesity researcher design weight loss interventions --so it's time to get serious about my own weight. :)

My modest goals for this month: log food daily, and exercise at least 5 days a week.

welcome.gif This is a great place for support and encouragement. I love your name and your picture. I hope you'll keep coming back. Starting with modest goals means that you'll achieve them, be happy about your success, and want to keep going.

:) Barbie from NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    jehdog1 wrote: »
    I'm new to this Message Board. Looking forward to connecting with other women with common interest and issues. I'm from the Pacific NW, married late in life, and spent the last 7 months losing weight after a long slow gain. Hi everyone!

welcome. i'm in the pac nw too. your profile pic reminds me of sally field when she played norma rae. where are you. i'm in tacoma
  • Annr
    Options
    Its Sunday and time for some great sayings to mentally munch on throughout the week!

Weight loss is always accompanied by other inner changes because excess weight accumulation is only the end product of in-congruent food attitudes, eating patterns and digestive processes. It's not the removal of weight so much as changing these processes that is your goal.

Universal laws dictate when you give nothing you get nothing.

Take pleasure in persevering. That's what separates those who keep pushing forward from those who throw in the towel.

Once you work on whats eating you, you won't eat so much.

I gain weight because my head makes food decisions that ignore what my body wants.

Becca
    your sunshine Becca
    that loves ya, in
    Sunny Oregon.....yes the sky has opened up.

• Annr
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Adjective
    incongruent ‎(comparative more incongruent, superlative most incongruent)
    out of place, incompatible, inharmonious, not congruent

Becca
    Mrs. Dictionary