WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym, windy!- 14.27min, 12.3amph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 129c
    arm machine- 10min, 5min each direction, 86aw, 146mw, lvl5, 120ahr, 133mhr, 1.75mi = 85c
    other-physical therapy @ gym- 24min, 5 stretches, 3sets of 10 w/4lb weights = 65c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.28min, 13.6amph, 144mhr 1.4mi = 73c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.28min, 8.7amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi = 191c
    total cal 543
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    My two cents:

Michele ... So sorry about your fall/seizure and your session with Bryan and the "therapist." I agree with the others (it was my first thought actually) that the therapist may not be legitimate ... Check out her credentials ... Definitely have your husband with you next time you Skype ... And take Carol's words to heart ... You are not to blame!

Sylvia ... So sorry you've been dealing with your son's health issues. The hospital staff is acting inappropriately. Their comments that his lifestyle (or former lifestyle) is "contributing" to his health situation is prejudicial and discriminatory. Do they ask the heart patient if eating pizza is contributing to his chest pain or the diabetic if they're eating donuts? Everyone in a hospital is most likely "guilty" of having contributed to their health situation! No one ... Absolutely no one regardless of their situation... needs to be condemned by the people who have taken oaths to help.

Beth ... Who is quite peeved with the medical community and who is near Buffalo.... where it's been snowing and where temperatures are dropping into the sub-zero range.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barbie - How horribly frustrating it must be to not have an answer. It sounds as if they have done thorough checks on everything and I expect you have googled through all the possibilities. You are being very stalwart. :flowerforyou:

Katla - Yes, they are cookies, of the hard type. I use a recipe for gingerbread men. Today I went on Amazon and ordered some more cutters. Peppa Pig, Incredible Hulk, Teddy Bear and Batman. :laugh: We already have 3D dinosaurs, animals, stars and the gingerbread man and woman. We will be having lots of fun with icing as well. :ohwell: HELP!

Pip - at the rate you exercise you should be 25. !!!!!!!! It's nice to see your stats back to normal. <3

I'm up in the night for the first time in a while. I've been doing better this week, but woke up at 1.30 wide awake. :'( Gone to the spare room/study.
    Glad you liked my rainbow! It was the first photo I've taken with my new phone. The phone couldn't do it justice. It was one of the best rainbows I've ever seen. But I'm pleased with the 13 megapixel camera on it. I didn't even go outside. My old phone wouldn't have managed anything more than a dull streak.

Going to read a book now. Love to all. Heather UK

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Well, things are looking up. They thought they would transfer him to a big hospital in joplin but he's out of the woods now so they are going to move him downstairs to a regular room. He's resting comfortably.

Good news, Sylvia. You have all been on my heart all day. Thanks for letting us know. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Heather, what a terrific photo. Thanks.

Janetr okc
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello gang! I'm home at last! My son was moved to a regular room and he says he's feeling much better. The drug tests all came back negative and they did sort of apologize to him but still insisted that they had to make sure, because if they treated him for an infection and the problem was drug abuse then it would have made the problem worse. But this way, they left a bad infection go untreated for nearly TWELVE hours because they thought he was on drugs. Somehow, that doesn't seem like a good decision. And why did it take that long for a drug screening, anyway?

Anyway, I came home and laid down for a little while. I was trying to rest but Bruno and Spot jumped on the bed and suddenly I was wrestling alligators. Bruno goes for the ears and nose. Spot goes for the throat. Silly dogs. Spot never did that stuff before, but he's been taking lessons from Bruno. It's kind of cute to watch him watching Bruno, then trying out the same moves. He did the same thing when it comes time to put on his leash. He used to stand still, like a good boy, then he watched nutty Bruno at work, and now Spot jumps up and down like Bruno does.

Here is a picture of my three nutty dogs. Left to right it's Bruno, Molly, and Spot. Bruno is totally insane. Always has been and no amount of training has changed it. The foster mom from the rescue outfit sent me a picture of Bruno as a wild crazy puppy jumping over the seats of her car to get in the front, and she was sitting in the seat at the time. He hasn't changed one bit.

odjmvemcignc.jpeg

LINDA - welcome! Do you know how to bookmark the thread so you can find us again? Tell us more about yourself!

And any other newbies...I'm sorry I've missed so much lately. I'll try to keep up better.

Good night all!

Sylvia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    175 minutes of dog walking
    45 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

:) I am not particularly troubled by the fact that three doctors haven't found a cause or a cure for my leg pain, numbness, and tingling.....this is no different from all the people with arthritis and other pains who don't know how they got it or how to fix it....I am blessed with a pain reliever that works and is endorsed by my doctors and the ability to do all the things I want to do....being a bit uncomfortable is not a big deal.

:)Sylvia, your dogs are too cute and are the perfect treatment for all your recent pain and frustration about your son.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My health screen says I am like a 41yr old

Well you are, aren't you? Same age as my oldest daughter. :) congrats.

Janetr okc
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the support and info about arthritis!
    Definitely have to get him onto the fewer calorie bandwagon-- but as he is a full foot taller than me I don't think he needs my 1200 or 1300 a day routine.
    Welcome, new friends!
    Beth, let's both try to stay warm the next couple of days--it is a bit nippy in WNY...
    Betty
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    MollywhipetPurdyyyyyyy poochers
  • janetr7476
    Options
    linda_g_n wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I did post on another group on MFP but got no replies. I stumbled across your friendly group just now and was wondering if you mind if I add my little bit. This is my first time to post really and I will probably just take it slowly. I have read many of your posts and comments and much of it is just like me. Do you mind if I just "lurk" here and add a little bit when I can? Let me know if that's not ok and I will move along :)..... This is my original post mainly because I am over 50 but I also have a lot of weight to lose. Thanks again - Linda.

Welcome, Linda, tell us a bit more about yourself. Join in when ever you feel comfortable. This is a great group of supportive, caring ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    morning kids~
    woke up around 5:20 this morning.. slept pretty well, but not as good as when I am in my own bed..
    Olivia the companion will be here at 8- will leave before then and go let the dogs out and turn off pellet stove at home .Tom asked me to do that. so will do.. then working 9:30-5 then back here
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Today is a big goodbye to dh and dd as they are flying off to india for 2 weeks. Dd has not been respectful or polite of late so i am a little glad to have some peace from all of that!
    I am off for a weekend trip to help my eldest sister with remodeling estimates, it will be challenging but important help that she needs.

Bitter cold and work worries have me in the dumps, food choices need improving soon or the plateau i have bee whining about will be moving upwards and that just wont do! So wheres the boot?? Anybody???

Trying to stay warm with a cozy blanket NOT food.
    Karen from ny
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I got up at 4am to shovel and the predicted foot of snow we were supposed to get, never came! Yea! Then, the mother of my early morning arrival called and is keeping her sick daughter home, today (Thank you!). SO...I have three hours until the next child arrives! Whoot! Very wisely, I am wasting my time online! LOL! As the day goes on, I am sure I will feel this was a bad idea and should have been doing something more productive; but for now, another cup of coffee and yes-I-will-watch-another-music-video-thank-you! On that note (music videos): Have you ladies seen the new video by OKGo? This is the band that did the song on the treadmills a few years back. Their new video they shot in zero gravity. They actually went up in a plane and had it do rollercoaster like maneuvers so they could shoot their entire video. It is absolutely amazing! http://www.npr.org/event/music/466443587/ok-gos-new-video-is-as-incredible-as-youd-expect You can look it up on youtube or hopefully the above link will take you to it. Fun way to start a Friday!

Pip- You rock! 41 naturally! It reminds me of the time I took an test on facebook that claimed that they could guess my level of education. They guessed PhD (wrongly), then said "...you are more intelligent than nearly every one you work with!" which made me laugh, seeing as how I work with toddlers!

Linda- Welcome new girl! I am also pretty new to this group; but I love this group of ladies! So much energy and great advice and listening ears and hearts! Jump in whenever you feel the urge!

Sylvia- Cute pups! So glad that your son got the help he needed and that he is doing better! Wow! An apology from the hospital staff?! I think that ALONE is a miracle!

Heather- I am thinking about hopping on Duolingo. My daughter has a masters in French Literature and is fluent in French. Her husband is Mexican American and is bi-lingual (Spanish/English) but also minored in German. They are both using Duolingo to learn new languages. She is learning Spanish, so that she can speak to her mother-in-law,who speaks no English, and she is finding Spanish helpful now that she is living in Texas, and he is continuing his German. I took four years of French, three years of Spanish and two years of German when I was in high school and I think I would like to see if I can continue with those.

Becca- Hey! lol My DH just walked through and started talking to me and I TOTALLY lost my train of thought! I had something to say to you, and it is gone... nothing..... I'll get back to you! :)

Happy Friday everyone! Friday dancing in the kitchen! Whoot!
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Becca- We made bbq chicken pizza on Naan last night for dinner! I LOVE Naan! I buy it when it goes on sale (in my area, that is nearly every week). It makes for a very easy meal and you can top it with pretty much anything! I first began buying it to go with the skordalia that I make. Have to use the plain or wheat naan for that, though, because there is so much garlic in the skordalia. Anyway, just thought it was funny...miles and miles away and we are planning the same meals! :)
  • KJLaMore
    Options
    Karen- not sure if I can give you much of a "boot", but I have one word SOUP!! Make some soup? Being from Michigan, when winter weather gets me down and my mind starts thinking of warm comfort foods, I make soup. Soup is my saviour in the winter. It keeps me warm. I can make a cream soup a little healthier by switching up milk for cream; or I can make a nice brothy veg soup. So hard to make good food choices when all you want to do is bundle up and sit! I know exactly where you are coming from in regards to your dd. My daughter and I go head to head on a LOT of stuff. She has a great relationship with her dad, and he keeps sending her pictures of homes for sale in our neighborhood (she and her hubby are living in Fort Worth). I think if she lived in our neighborhood and we saw each other all of the time; we might kill each other! (not really, just feels that way sometimes) But INdia! That's exciting! Is it a work trip, vacay? Interesting place. On my bucket list of places to visit.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    I've just done 3 days of Norwegian in one go! Trouble is I will have forgotten it by tomorrow. I have committed to 5 mins a day.

KJ - You've nothing to lose with Duolingo as it's free!!!!!!! :drinker: Wish I'd known about it before. Great that you did all those languages at school. :flowerforyou:
    I have good French, fairly good Spanish, a bit of Italian and a tiny bit of German and Portuguese. Now I have a micro bit of Norwegian! :laugh: The pronunciation is the thing. Even if you are just asking for a coffee you want to say it properly. :DB)
    I also watch a lot of foreign films from Lovefilm /Amazon. I get two DVDS a month. Subtitled, of course! :noway: Must try to find a Norwegian film. :noway:

I will write this afternoon. Promise. o:)

Having Chicken in black bean sauce tonight. With snowpeas. Yummo!

Love Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :)