WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    I'm back from Nashville. I skimmed all the posts and am somewhat caught up. I had fun at times and there were moments when I was glad I was there, but honestly: I wish I had stayed home. I ended up with another class to teach the following two Saturdays. I enjoy doing that, and I will earn a little spending money doing it, but I wish I had said no. It is for a district other than mine, but the director had an instructor to cancel on her at the last minute, so I thought I'd help her out since I didn't have anything scheduled. Then she and my director ganged up on me trying to get me to volunteer to serve on the national education committee for this organization that was having the conference, I had to get ugly before they would shut up. I don't know why people can't graciously accept "no" the first time you say it. If I want to do something, I say yes right away. I'm not the type that likes to be begged. Either I'll do it or I won't.

Anyway, I'm ready to be back to my routine and the gym on Monday. I may even go tomorrow afternoon if I can get it in.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hi from philadelphia! I am here helping my sis with setting up for an bathroom remodel to assist with her aging in place. Very challenging but i am glad i am here...baby steps.....we did go out to cheesecake factory for dinner which is a really ridiculous place.....i enjoyed a glass of wine and an appetizer, just a little bite of cheesecake so i feel pretty in control.

Dh and dd arrived safely in india and are with friends, saying goodbye was difficult, but dh was so sweet and having a little time apart from dd is just what i need.

Stay warm everyone, my goodness is it cold!!!! Not buffalo cold, but COLD!!!

Karen from ny

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did a hour of a bellydance DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Pilates for Weight Loss DVD.

Heather - yes, Vince speaks French. OK, he's not real fluent in it, but he is able to get by, much more than I am. What kinds of questions should I be asking her to find out if this therapist is a charletan? The school she graduated from and then look it up? If I ask her that, she can tell me any school and how do I know for a fact that she graduated from it?

Lillian - what kind of valentines is GD making -- cookies or cards?

Anne from WI - have a wonderfully fantastic trip!

Alison - good for you, Tom seems to be coming to his senses, at least for now. We shall see how long this lasts.

KJL - how funny the quarterback of your hs football team delivered your baby. One time when my kids were young that cried out "daddy, daddy, something's wrong with the TV" No, it was just a black and white cartoon! Have fun at "game night"

Meg - sorry to hear about your hubby. Thanks for popping in

janetr - it's supposed to be very cold here, but just as we leave for FL on Wed it's supposed to be in the 50's. You'd think the least it could do while we're down there is be cold up here, but noooooooo. Safe travels going to Denver

Lenora - yea being able to wear that coat!

Karen from NY - Hungry Girl says that you should only order things from their "Skinnylicious" menu at CF.

Jess got here about 10, went to a friend of mine's who does sewing, she's going to make Jess a costume for her to wear to this pax show (gaming). Then we went to Hancock Fabrics where she got Jess a pattern and zipper. Then we went back to her house for her to take Jess' measurements.

There is no way I could look at a pattern and envision it adjusted to what I need. No way. Jess kept asking me if I wanted her to take me someplace, but I don't want her to feel like she absolutely needs to be here for me. Vince took me food shopping. We just had dinner (lasagna I'd made reheated).

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    kirby ran his 3mi
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    Options
    Yep, ordered the appetizer from skinnylicious menu, and accounted for the red wine. I appreciate their calorie count on the menu. Also saw a group photo from july before i lost weight. I really was a completely different size! And dont want to go back there.
    Karen
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Watching Ireland vs. France in Rugby. At one point the announcer tells us that there is a "blood replacement"...then shows a guy replacing one of the Irish lads walking off the field with blood running down his face. This a a crazy sport. :-)
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    yeah Kirby!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness ... looking at the wedding pictures of May 9, 2015 - boy has my body changed. From 199lbs to 158.5 this past Tuesday. Two more points off my BMI - I'll be in the 'normal' range of weight! YEAH! Happy Dancing! ;)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Friends,

I got back from my cruise this afternoon. Had a great time and the weather was good for the most part. It was cold the day we left Charleston and cold today when we returned. I’m exhausted so only skimmed the last couple of pages of the 585 posts that I missed while I was gone. I hope you are all well. I have missed you and what’s been going on but won’t even attempt to read all that I missed. I’m off to bed and will start fresh tomorrow.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    kirby ran his 3mi

Hooray for Kirby, he's the man for sure!! What a trooper.

Janetr
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Kim824 – welcome!!! There are now 3 Kims me you and kimses

Pip – I read “My health screen says I am like a 41yr old´ as My health screen says I am like a 4 year old!!! LOL

Linda – welcome!!!

Rori – Fitbit automatically adds exercise to MFP and if you add some exercise manually, sometime it decides that it should lower the exercise that previously added if your manually added exercise is at the same time as the steps…. Wow what I just wrote is confusing.. but not sure how else to explain..

Heather – wow you are such the traveler, I am surprised to be able to write that I have been to costa rica – and LOVED it!!!

Michele – welcome home to us!!!!

Carol and cheri – share when you feel like it don’t when you don’t – we love to have you which ever way works for you!

I am so sore – I spent 3 hours today trimming fruit trees for a gal from my CPA’s office she keeps my business books up in return for me doing yard work. It’s a great deal, but up and down a ladder, and lots of arm work, sawing, loppers, trimmers, I am tired, off to shower and then a smidge of sewing so I can play most of the day tomorrow.

Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Kim - That tree pruning must burn masses of calories! How is your weight going recently? You are very active with all your gardening. :flowerforyou:
    I'm not so unusual in the UK with my travelling. I have done a bit more than most, but nearly everyone I know goes "abroad" once or twice a year. Long haul is very common, especially with our "early retired" generation. China, Thailand etc. Cruises are a big growth area. With our old "empire" it is common for people to have family in Australia, New Zealand or Canada and to make trips to see them. Of course you need money, but even very ordinary income families usually go on an inexpensive package holiday to Spain or Turkey or a Greek island once a year. The poor don't, of course. I am unusual in that I like to speak the languages and I prefer an "immersion" type holiday where I really get into the culture, not just see the sights. <3:D The cruise is an unusual choice for us, but I didn't know of any other way to get to the Arctic. Now I know Penny I might have done it differently! :laugh:
    Yeah for Costa Rica!

Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Michele - I don't know what nationality she is or where she did her training, but she should belong to a professional body and have letters after her name. You should be able to check out that online. Sorry you've got all this worry. The important thing is to let Brian know you love him and want his happiness. :flowerforyou:

Valentines Day. Can be difficult for many. I remember it being hard, both when I was divorced and miserable, but also when my marriage was struggling and I had trouble finding a card that wasn't a lie. I think that was worse. :'(
    Today we gave each other a lovely card in bed and I gave DH a whisky fruit cake and some chocolate covered ginger biscuits. (He is skinny) He gave me two books, an autobiography of the Hairy Bikers :D<3 and a book about Jerusalem by a person I don't like. ;):s It's the thought that counts, as that troubled city is on my bucket list.
    We have a delicious dinner planned for tonight, with fine champagne. :D

Becca - DH has been secreted upstairs watching the rugby. He'll be watching England today. I've got films to watch and a tv programme about China - part of an excellent series.

DJ - A thousand welcomes back home! We want all the goss! :noway: <3

Grits - great job on the weight and on scoring the coat. :flowerforyou:

Pip - Go Kirby! :D

Love Heather UK

• klanders30
    Options
    dj welcome back, cant wait to hear about the cruise.
    lenore fantastic job on the weight loss. It is great when you look back at a photo and you cant believe how far you've come.

My sister told me an amazing thing happened this past june for her birthday....she lives a very lonely, sheltered life since our mom has past 2 years ago, anyway she got home from work, opened the mail to find a birthday card from mom that had been lost in the mail for years arriving right on her birthday! Imagine it arriving as if from heaven, it is a treasured gift...you just have to wonder....

My sister has a new and very worrisome stress habit, any suggestions folks????....she wipes her eye (she is blind in that eye) so much it is red raw....i think she might infect it somehow if she continues doing it and would love to give her some solid advice. She knows it is out of stress, a bad habit but cant seem to stop herself
    I would appreciate wisdom here. Thanks,
    Karen from ny by way of phila

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    morning friends~
    since it is Faith and I for Valentines day. I will try and see if I can make her a special breakfast, and I got her a card..
    I am giving myself permission to have a mug of hot cocoa.. that is my gift to myself..
    will try and keep busy around here today...
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Everyone.

ubwtsujpkxun.jpeg
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Lillian - what kind of valentines is GD making -- cookies or cards?

Michele in NC

We made cards ...lots of stickers involved. Next year she will be old enough for cookies

Lillian
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Happy Valentines Day to all <3

Today, DH is feeling better.... yeah!! the end of world will not come this time ..lol So we might go for a drive. Our boys have their ice shacks out on the lake not far from here. And the weather is supposed to be nice - so far it looks clear out and I haven't looked at the thermometer....

Best get breakfast taken care of and dressed and up and at it... I need to make up some walking miles as I am behind my monthly goal because of being sick...

Later all

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan