ride hm 2 gym- 13.42min, 12.9amph, 151mhr, 2.9mi = 102c
    other- 35min, 11 different stretch excercises, 5lb weights, 95aw, = 68c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.16min, 14.2amph, 144mhr 1.4mi = 72c
    ride wk 2 hm- 53.10min, 11.6amph, 160mhr, 10.2mi = 551c
    793 total cal
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr- great job on your weight training!

Barbie - awesome workout!

Joyce - I'm sorry to hear about Charlie's added pain. Too bad about your dream. Probably due to stress with all you and Charlie are going through.

Margaret - will keep your DH and DS in our prayers. (((Hugs)))

7x10 push-ups done for the day!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    jean9had wrote: »
    I lost weight in 2004, about 45 lbs, and swore I would never gain it back, but I did. Then in Oct. 2012, a Dr.'s appointment was my motivation to lose again! My Doctor told me that if I didn't lose wait, I would probably become diabetic. It was the motivation I needed. At the time I weighed 289. I have lost 75 lbs. It took me from Oct. 2012 to March 2015. I want to lose more, but I've reached a plateau and still trying to get past that. I am determined NEVER to gain back the weight I've lost. I've created a 'Vision Board' to help with that. It includes a lot of motivational quotes and a couple of pictures of me at my heaviest, also a couple since I have lost weight. I look and feel so much better! So far, since March last year, I have kept the weight off, but not lost any more. My goal for 2016 is to change that and get to my goal weight!

Welcome, Jean. It sounds like you have a plan and are headed in the right direction. I always tell everyone I've lost 1500 lbs. They gasp and I laugh. I have lost and gained so many times that I'm sure it adds up to that much. I too am now determined to keep it off. Are you incorporating any exercise into your program? Some times just changing things up a bit will help get off the plateau. I love the idea of your "Vision Board". I do have a before and after pic hanging in front of my computer and a couple of quotes so guess I have one in a way. Come often and join in. This is a great place for support and motivation.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barbie - Your "active enough" day is way over my "worked my rear off" day. You are such an inspiration. Hope your legs are improved by tomorrow. Thank you for the encouragement on my very "baby step" start today, but at least a step in the right direction. I did order the book you recommended and it will arrive Saturday. Anxious to read it.

Margaret - I hope there is good news Monday for your DH. You have a lot on your plate and I know it weighs heavy on your heart but you handle it with such grace. Big (((hugs))) and know we care.

Rori - wrote "The news just ran a story that said eating chocolate can make you smarter. I should be a freakin’ genius." Cracked me up, thanks for the laugh :)

Mary - thank you, I felt very inadequate. My hubby was able to help me some with form as he used to be into weights for quite some time. I felt I could do more but Jack cautioned me to start slow. I'm feeling some muscles this evening, mainly in my back, but nothing major. I'll take tomorrow for cardio and try again Saturday. I had fun trying this totally new adventure for me. Thanks for being the motivation that you are to so many of us.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    Well they came and picked up the bike. We will see it in April and get to c who will bid on it. Time for someone else to enjoy it
    i2jc15b72dvy.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Got a surprise gift from Kirby. A vw Keychain . I'm gonna paint the top black so it can match the black convertible top of my new red bug!
    jbpobuou3r24.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Vince is going to take me to the Y today (so he can go to WalMart and I don't have to go with him since the last two times I went with him I wound up looking at other things, too) and do some HIIT on the elliptical since HIIT burns most calories and I suspect today might be a high calorie day. I know that I won't be doing any exercise tomorrow since I told the gal who is going to drive me to another gal's place down here that I would be at her house at 10 which means we'll need to leave here at 9. Not sure when we're going to get back, either.

Miriam - I'm amazed at how many people will not lector at the church. It's really not difficult, you're reading not having to come up with a talk. But you are right, people are afraid of speaking in front of crowds. Sylvia - katla is right, make notes on index cards. Just thoughts that you can improvise. Don't put down the exact words. You CAN do this

RealMSWolf - I find that having something with protein for breakfast (think eggs) helps to keep me full longer than carbs (a lot of cereals)

Welcome everyone new!

Joyce - I'm constantly in awe of how big your heart is. Can you perhaps at first do 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 turkey, 1/2 white rice and 1/2 brown rice? That's one of the ways I got Vince to eat healthier (which he still doesn't know)

kimses - congrats on the new job. As far as exercise, that'll work out, you'll find out what works for you. So you start on st. Patty's Day, huh?

Sylvia - I get how disappointed you will be missing the concert. Could your hubby maybe go in case your son can't?

Went to see our friends in Palm Coast. Didn't even bother to log. I know I tried some of the cheese, had mostly veges, had a piece of the cake I made for them, then grilled shrimp and mahi mahi along with veges (all broccoli), only water to drink. but then I came home and got the cake and cookies ready for the gal I'll see tomorrow. Had a cookie, some of the brownies, some of the fudge. Oh, why did I ruin it all?

Gloria - I always keep a bag of cloth bags in the trunk of my car. So sorry to hear about your mom. What a worry! BTDT

Heather - oh, you mean a kickback!!! The shin of your one leg is on the bed (or other piece of furniture), you have the weight in the opposite hand and then push the weight back, right? Just make sure you always keep the arm that you are using to kickback with parallel (or higher) to your body. Here I was thinking that you had the foot on the bed, not the shin part just the bottom part. Now it makes sense!

janet OKC - yea for that new doc!

DJ - really, there is one class (the extremepump) once/week that I'll ask Vince to take me to (it's at 9) then twice a month I'll ask him to take me to the deep water class at 8:30. Otherwise, I'm thinking that I'll exercise at home or when it works into his schedule (like later in the am or even in the afternoon). A few times I would like to go to the Y near me, but I can do that even in the afternoon. Well, now that's it's going to be summer, I'd really like to get my exercising done and out of the way so I may very well do something at home.

DJ - I'm short and the rule of tumb is "dark on bottom, light on top", especially since I'm very small on top. Do you have any idea how many pairs of white pants/shorts I find and dark tops? Sometimes it can get frustrating.

I can do my pushups on the floor, but I have to be on my knees unless I'm only doing one at a time. Otherwise, I find I lose my form and to me that is important.

yvonne - I really wanted to start using the ski machine at the Y, but then they got rid of it. I guess because not enough people were using it. You are so lucky to have one.

Rori - give my best to Laura and Jane. How I wish I was going to be with you gals!

Michele from NC now in FL
  • pipcd34
    Options
    It was a nice ride home, an easy 500+ calorie burn. Nite peeps
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Pip - as always, you are THE bomb. My next life I'm gonna come back as a "pip" Ha!

Nite
    Janetr OKC
  • KMHilinski
    KMHilinski Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Trying to keep up with all the posts! Sounds like everyone is doing well! Day three of marathon training for me, 2 miles! Not going to lie...it was rough and slow, but I got it done! Had to laugh at my husband who has been running longer than I have and loves it. He said once you get past that first mile you will love it and be hooked! I just looked at him and said really? I must not be doing something right then, because I just ran 2 miles and I ain't loving it lol! The look he gave me...priceless! Oh well...it will come, just not there yet lol! Bless his heart, he tries to encourage me and make me feel like I am running so well...I know I'm not, at least not yet. Mostly I get inside my own head and talk myself out of things, like telling myself I'm dying, everything hurts or my fat is jiggling so much people are staring! I need to get out of my own way and not worry about how I look, or that I'm going to die, cuz I'm not lol, it just feels like I am! But being self conscious is a hard thing to just get over! I'm working on it though! Time for bed, have a good night everyone and keep up the good work!

Kat in Colorado
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Kat in Colorado Nice to meet you Kat :-) Congrats on starting the marathon training. Wowsa. I am a walker, and for me the idea of actually running for enjoyment just escapes me. I mean I will run if I am in danger, or joy perhaps. But I get distracted so easily, I would be stopping and looking at stuff. Kind of like..."Oh a squirrel...thing".
    My sister lives in Fort Morgan, and says its really FLAT and WINDY where she lives. But she loves it! I am on the most northern tip of Oregon on the coast. Last night I swear ships were sounding their fog horns because they were just being ornery. I mean I love the haunting sounds of fog horns, but these were ones woke me up continuously. We have an apartment 5 minutes from the Columbia River before it enters out into the sea, so many comings and goings of tankers, against fishermen not paying attention I suppose. Law of gross tonnage applies!

Welcome to this group!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Pip- that bike is soooooo cool! I love your VW key chain. Kirby is a sweetheart!

Michele - modified push-ups work great! You are doing a great job getting your exercise in!

Kat- I use to run and I felt the same way that you do. Do you listen to music when you run? That helps.

Janetr - your DH is right. Take it very slow. Even with what I am lifting now I went slow enough not to experience any pain. Except today my form was off when I did Kettlebell swings with the 35 pounds and it felt like I pulled something. I adjusted my form and finished my workout. Took ibuprofen and am fine now. Good, no, Excellent form is more important than anything!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    Options
    KMHilinski wrote: »
    Hello ladies!
    Trying to keep up with all the posts! Sounds like everyone is doing well! Day three of marathon training for me, 2 miles! Not going to lie...it was rough and slow, but I got it done! Had to laugh at my husband who has been running longer than I have and loves it. He said once you get past that first mile you will love it and be hooked! I just looked at him and said really? I must not be doing something right then, because I just ran 2 miles and I ain't loving it lol! The look he gave me...priceless! Oh well...it will come, just not there yet lol! Bless his heart, he tries to encourage me and make me feel like I am running so well...I know I'm not, at least not yet. Mostly I get inside my own head and talk myself out of things, like telling myself I'm dying, everything hurts or my fat is jiggling so much people are staring! I need to get out of my own way and not worry about how I look, or that I'm going to die, cuz I'm not lol, it just feels like I am! But being self conscious is a hard thing to just get over! I'm working on it though! Time for bed, have a good night everyone and keep up the good work!

Kat in Colorado

Hi, Kat. I was in Castle Rock shopping at the outlet mall on Monday, flew home to Oklahoma City on Tuesday. I'm from Denver originally, have three sisters up there. One is in Louvieres, her daughter is in Elizabeth., my oldest daughter is in Parker and lots of nieces, nephews etc. spread all the way up to Longmont. Glad you have joined us. I admire you for running two miles at all, no matter what form or how slowly. Way to go. Come back and join when you have a moment. This is a great group of caring , supportive ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary - thank you. I shall plod on with baby steps. :)

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, I am mainly trying to get him to eat. He has a poor appetite and I know it needs to taste like it always did for him to eat. I know I am going to have to do something to merge his food into something that is healthier for me. He is also going to have to start eating those leftovers in the fridge. He is walking better tonight. I told him I was watching Project Runway tonight which made him go downstairs. Part of that was a ploy on my part to make him walk up and down the stairs.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Did 4X10 today. Feeling it in my right bicep and that's a good thing. Tomorrow I plan to do a set everytime I go down my hallway as that's the wall I'm using.

My mom is 84. She was really active - like tennis into her 70s, bike riding, rollerblading, etc. Then she backed up to take a picture one day and fell over something in a restaurant. That was the beginning of a slow decline for her. She had a seizure and like some of you was on meds so she couldn't drive for 6 months. When she was able to again she was not driving safely so my sisters decided it was time to take her car. When I was there in Oct 2014 I noticed how unstable she had become when walking but of course she wouldn't admit it. As physically active as she was she did not eat well - I mean hardly ate. She would be so proud that all she had for lunch was a cucumber but that type of eating I think is why she ended up with Osteoporosis. She also would not take any kind of supplements. I feel so helpless being so far away from her. She is in Anaheim, CA and I am in WA. Thanks to all of you for sending good thoughts and prayers.

To all who need them healing prayers for you and your loved ones. Remember to SMILE! Better yet LAUGH!

Gloria crazy-happy-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Gloria- Great job! I like your plan for tomorrow!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rori way to go on your feb goals, you are on a tear!! B)

gloria so sorry to hear about your mother, hugs to your family <3

barbie thanks for my knight in shining armor, i bet i can burn a few more calories putting that on every morning :p

Facing a social work event this afternoon and i will go to it, i will control what i eat and drink before and after it. I have a plan and i will check in with mfp as accountability. Y'all keep me honest! :o
    Karen from ny

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Joyce~ sorry Charlie isnt feeling well.. I have some healthy shape fiber that I mix in with my tea or water it totally mixes in and you dont know its there.. maybe that is something that could help Charlie..
    Rori~ that would be awesome to go on a cruise with everyone.. just figuring since we are scattered where we would go out of..
    I have crazy dreams sometimes too..
    tomorrow Tom and I are going to a Garth Brooks /Trisha Yearwood concert in Worcester ,Ma. that is about an hour and 1/2 away from here.. it starts at 7 and we wont be getting home until midnight... I have to remember to buy some ear plugs as places like those hurt my ears and are to loud..