Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Allie, who was having the chest pains??? You or Tom?

Binkwinky, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. When I started here, I put all the foods I like in the data base to find the calorie content. From there I immediately deleted some food from my diet and knew which foods I could eat more of to keep from getting hungry. Good luck.

Jazzypdx, welcome to you as well. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called. Come often and join right in.

Heather, so glad you heard from your DS #1. And how true that we never stop worrying!

Terri, I hate to hear that you are still in such pain. Maybe the wine workout would help?

Cheri, good for you on “finally” getting the medical condition taken care of. I don’t know why we think a problem will go away on its own? Silly us. Hope the other appointments go well.

Miriam, I’m with you on the meds. I think our whole bodies operate better when we aren’t in too much pain.

Heather, you have made great improvements to your life in the past three years and I had forgotten about some of them. Thanks for sharing as it is always inspiring. ((((Hugs))))

Carol,GA, I am not the exercise enthusiast that some of these ladies are but reading about what they do does give me the desire to do a bit more than my norm. Look, Janetr is even going to give weights a try. bounce.gif Go girls!!!

Gloria, the wall push-ups are how I started and in a pretty short time I moved to the dresser. That is a low as I have gotten so far. I figure anything I do is better than the nothing that I do.

KJ, it sounds like you have a great workout routine. Way to go!!

Sylvia, you will do great at your meeting. Just speak from your heart on how enthused you are about this project. That is terrible about Bo. Would they give him away if they don’t even feed him? Stories like that just break my heart!!

Barbie, I have to say I’m surprised and impressed at the amount of weight you lift. After all, you are just a wee little thing. So many impressive women here and I have to keep reminding myself of your ages. Most of you are younger than me but still not spring chicks. Lol I agree on loving feeling sore from a workout.

MicheleNC, I hope you and Vince get your schedules worked out so you can get in what you want.

Kat, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Join right in and come often. Good for you on the half marathon! Don’t worry about the cute pictures and fancy tickers. Just tell us what’s on your mind and some of us will respond. Glad to have you.

Joyce, great that Charlie has had some daytime relief. I’m right beside you in following Allie to catch her if she needs us. We are here for any support we can give.

Heather, sometimes the simple things just “aren’t”. Glad you can still get the hotel reservation. I like your new Norwegian phrase!

Kimses, a huge CONGRATS on the new job. I’m glad you have a few days before you begin. Start going to bed earlier and getting up earlier a little each day.

Gloria, sending prayers and good thoughts for your Mom. Cute kitty doing push-ups.

Janetr, glad you like your new doc. Congrats on the loss!!!

Allie, thank goodness for small favors. I wasn’t sure that Tom knew the words “thank you”.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had lunch with a friend today and then went to get my nails done. On the way home I stopped at Hamricks to get a new Humming Bird feeder that was on sale. Of course while I was there I had to look at the clothes. DH mentioned recently that I only wear black pants and now that I’m not working I could wear colors, so I bought some navy pants and a cool patch work style top to match. He liked it. I have finally caught up with reading although some of it was rather speedy. Glad none of you had really terrible weather yesterday. You are always in my thoughts as I go through my day.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm still alive. At least I'm keeping up with the reading now. Hugs to all!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Mary - just a fly-by because it has been a crazy day. I have done 3 sets of 10 pushups so far, and will try super hard to do more before I head to bed in a few hours.

Hugs !
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Gloria- I love your little video clip on the kitty push up! Very cute! You're doing a great job!

Heather- you're doing an amazing job! 30 push-ups is a remarkable number! The most I have ever been able to do is 15. Great job on the kettle bell!

Terri- awesome! You're doing fantastic! I like breaking mine up throughout the day. It helps to stretch my muscles out in my back.

I am with my DH for the evening spending the night at a hotel so I brought my Kettlebell along with me so that I can do some sort of exercise in the morning while he is at meetings all day. I will not be able to do my normal StrongLifts work out. I'm surprised at how expensive it is to keep a puppy at a hotel! $25!

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jean9had
    jean9had Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in 2004, about 45 lbs, and swore I would never gain it back, but I did. Then in Oct. 2012, a Dr.'s appointment was my motivation to lose again! My Doctor told me that if I didn't lose wait, I would probably become diabetic. It was the motivation I needed. At the time I weighed 289. I have lost 75 lbs. It took me from Oct. 2012 to March 2015. I want to lose more, but I've reached a plateau and still trying to get past that. I am determined NEVER to gain back the weight I've lost. I've created a 'Vision Board' to help with that. It includes a lot of motivational quotes and a couple of pictures of me at my heaviest, also a couple since I have lost weight. I look and feel so much better! So far, since March last year, I have kept the weight off, but not lost any more. My goal for 2016 is to change that and get to my goal weight!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Jean- you will do it! I love your vision board idea!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug - I was over by about 150 calories. I'm short, so it adds ups. (The teacher I subbed for today had a sticker that reads "I'm short and I intend to stay that way." I loved it!)

Kimses - Congratulations on the new job! I understand your concern/stress over figuring out when to exercise. I go through that on the days that I work and it is one of the things that worries me for when I am able to find a "real" job (other than substitute teaching.)

Kristan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Inadvertently attracting wild predators is not a good idea. While Elk aren't predators, they are large and powerful animals and capable of doing damage on their own and if mountain lions are hunting the elk, yikes! I think you are wise to discontinue feeding them. Humans have taken over so much territory that wild animals are moving into our neighborhoods with us. Our city had a coyote problem a few years ago because of people putting out feed for feral cats. The food attracted coyotes into the residential areas of town, and a coyote took one woman's dog right off of the leash while she was out walking him. :sad:. Enjoy your garden plots. :bigsmile:

jean9had: Welcome! You've found a great group of women. I had many plateaus during my weight loss journey and this group of women kept me motivated to keep on doing the right thing. I hope you'll post often. :flowerforyou:

Today I went to the dentist with DH as his driver and we went out to lunch afterward, then grocery shopping. Now we're home, he's napping, & I get to catch up here. It is sunny outside and I intend to sit outside in the sun and soak it in.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Ladies. I was cracking up reading through the comments. There is definitely a lot of wisdom here.
    - walk past the snack table
    - find times of the day where time is being wasted and use it for myself
    - start going to bed early now so I'm not in shock when I have to do it for real
    - keep an eye out for opportunities to exercise and they will show up

I feel very positive about this change. Having had a little time away from my last job now I realized that although there were some good people there, there were some really mean people there too and somehow that was tolerated. I'm looking forward to joining a new team. I know a few people at this new company and they seem to like it. (Sylvia, I do Software Support Account Management).

I really hope this is my last hurrah before retirement. And at this company I doubt I'm the oldest one like I was at the previous company (30 employees at the previous company vs. 77,000 at the new one!)

Kimses in MA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ wrote - "Look, Janetr is even going to give weights a try. Go girls!!!"

I did start this afternoon with small weights and only 2 X 12 reps of eight different exercises. Shooting for 2-3 times a week and icrease weight and reps as I go. I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to get out of bed. :)

Janetr OKC
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi - work got crazy again and we're still spending our free time off together getting of that storage unit. I think we've got one more trip, and I hope we'll be out of there tomorrow. Anyhow, I had a lot of skimming to do to catch up! You all continue to inspire me.

One thing I got out of the storage unit already was my ski machine. I love it, and am looking forward to spending time on it again. That cold really kicked my butt but I'm mostly recovered now and ready to hit it! Still working on the other items on my list... I need to handle the antidepressant thing. To be honest I'm just being avoidant because I don't want to go see the doctor; she's seen me recently and I'm hoping she'll just prescribe for me without an office visit, but this is a fairly new doctor to me so we'll see. Just need to make the phone call and ask.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today, and I was having a really hard time getting my head in the zone to do my work. So I grabbed my husband and the dog and we took a little walk. Not sure it helped me get focused, but it sure was nice to be out in the sunshine!

-Yvonne in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) Sitting here and reading I feel great but I had a lot of pain in my legs while I walked the dogs and at dance class this morning. I read about the pushups challenge and want to get right up and do them, but if I'm going to be in good condition to teach my dance class, I'd better be careful this afternoon.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

So keeping my favorite motivational quote in mind, I'm going to resist doings pushups or weight swings or goblet squats or riding the exercise bike and rest my legs so I'll be ready to teach my class in the morning.

:) I've already recorded over 15,000 steps on my pedometer from my line dance class and several dog walks. I rode the exercise bike while watching Jeopardy after lunch and did two sets of five pushups with my hands on the seat of a dining room chair, so I have been active enough for today.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I was home today, due to a power outage from last nites storm and started working on a vision board. Funny jean just mentioned creating a vision board to help stay motivated, great minds eh? And welcome Jean

Work is tense so my vision board is going to be about staying positive despite how work is.

I just read a wonderful motivational story about starting each day as if you were wearing a bright shiny suit of armor full of courage and strength and no matter what is thrown at you, no matter how many dings and dents that come at you, you are safe and each morning the suit of armor is bright and shiny and dent free again! Now if somebody has a suit of armor emoticon dancing at the end of this please send my way. :D
    Karen from ny
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely sisters. For some reason Charlie came home last night from Karaoke with some added baggage. He has a lot of extra aches, left shoulder, right ankle and right hip. He really hurts today and is hardly moving. But when he does get up he seems to move OK and have good range of motion.But getting on and off the commode is hard. The couch is mine and the loveseat his and the cats. So he took the second cushion of the loveseat and put it on top of the area he sits so it is easier for him to sit. He is taking Ibuprofen so I really don't know what to think about it. No fever although he thinks there is. With his Parkinson's the neurologist says he is doing the best thing by keeping his walking up. Now he maybe walks about once every 2 months. And that is a slow walk and only one round of the small mall instead of 4 rounds. I have tried to suggest he use my walking paths in the house, my bike, etc but no go. So I don't know if he is just being a man and trying to get everything out of these pains that he can or is there is something wrong with him. He enjoyed his home cooked meal the last 2 nights but tonight he ate only half of it.

On a side note, last night I dreamed he had died and that I had about $20,000 left out of his burial account and although my family thought I was a little cooky I took Allison on a cruise.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    edited February 2016
    Options
    2563941kmicavl8nl.gif

sorry it's not dancing
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Joyce that was quite the dream.

I occasionally get night terrors. The first time it was quite frightening. Now that I know what they are and are often caused by stress I am better able to handle them.

Thanks for continued prayers about DH and DS. DS is finally starting the treatment he needs. He has a difficult road ahead, but I believe in him. DH will get his first scan since starting treatment Monday and talk with Doctor Thursday.

I continue to take care best I can. Doing more meditative time.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    DJ wrote - "Look, Janetr is even going to give weights a try. Go girls!!!"

I did start this afternoon with small weights and only 2 X 12 reps of eight different exercises. Shooting for 2-3 times a week and icrease weight and reps as I go. I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to get out of bed. :)

Janetr OKC

weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gif
    awesome
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Gloria: Prayers going up for your mom.

Kimses: Congrats! Once you’re used to it, I’ll bet you’ll love doing your workout in the early AM.

Heather: Shot put and javelin? Wow! Will that be in your biography?

Katla: Coyotes and foxes cruise through our yard almost daily thanks to the proliferation of wild rabbits. Mars always lets us know when he spots one from his window.

Joyce: Sorry to hear that Charlie continues with pains. That was some dream. I do love the idea of a bunch of us grabbing a cruise one day. Anyone else interested? Let’s start building a vision board about it!

MNMargaret: (Hugs) and peace to you. Holding your DH and DS in my prayers.

My cold is better, but still can’t do cardio without coughing. So far today I’ve done 4 x 10 push-ups, holding the edge of my desk. Still time to crank out more sets.

The news just ran a story that said eating chocolate can make you smarter. I should be a freakin’ genius.

Tomorrow I’m having lunch with MFP friends Laura and Jane Hadji. Haven’t seen them in ages and this week at work has been long and crazy. Getting out will be fun.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

February Goals and progress to date:
    Practice Reiki every day = done
    Eat mindfully = partial success.
    Reach out to 3 friends = done
    Get physical scheduled = done
    Get tax workbook started = done, and sent to accountant, yay me.
    My word for 2016: Optimism