Options
1234568»

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Report for : 2/24
    Physical activity: Yes, 20 min run, 30 min bike, weights (legs)
    Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Avoid late afternoon snack: Yes
    Work on meditation: No

Goal weight for 3/1: (revised) 140.5
    Current weight: 141.5 (happy I only put on 1lb on vacation... could have been much worse!)

Current struggles: Jet lag. Hungry at the wrong time of day!
    Current strengths: Continued motivation to stick with what has been working.
  • newbie2143
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @alp_19 Lightheaded is not good! If you were physically hungry, do you think you are overestimating the calories you are eating and not getting enough? Dehydrated? Maybe keep some fruit handy for a small snack if that happens again? I hope you are feeling better now.
  • bellew62802
    bellew62802 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day late for Date 2/25 and here is for 2/26 also
    Vitamin and meds: Yes
    Water 8+: Yes
    Exercise Time: 2/25 : 120 minutes of light to moderate indoor play with grandson.
    2/26: 40 minutes stationary bike. 20 minutes elliptical. Strength training and stretches

Goal Weight 3/1: 168
    Current Weight: 169
    Stayed Under Calorie Goal for both days: Yes

Current Struggles:
    I have lost 12 lbs since January 4th 2016 and I am so thrilled! My struggle is getting past the fact that I seem to have to work doubly hard and my stamina is dwindling. Lack of sleep doesn't help for sure.

Current Strength: This daily challenge of recording accountability to fellow MFPers.

@newbie2143 , welcome back! Yes vacations can sometimes throw a wee bit of a monkey wrench in our journeys eh?! Well you're back on track...now to get you un- jetlagged. :wink:

@alph_19, I agree with newbie2143 with over estimating on caloric intake. The water intake is so important also and dehydration can cause light headedness and weakness. Take care and hope you feel better :smile:
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/26. (Oh dear, I seem to have messed up my dates again.... My last post should have been for the 25th)
    Physical activity: Yes, 40 min swim (1400m)
    Work on meditation: No

Current weight: 141.5

Current struggles: None, feels good to get back on track!
    Current strengths: I have done well with daily physical activity since I got back :)

@bellew62802 , you are doing great. Do what you can and know that every day is a step in the right direction, even if you don't have the stamina to do everything you had hoped to do.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Date: 2/27
    Exercise Time: 65 minutes 40 stationary bike 25 elliptical. Pelvic lifts and pilates crunch

Stayed Under Calorie Goal: Yes

Current Struggles: Tired

Current Strength: Finding support and the strength here everday journaling with fellow MFPers.

@newbie2143 thank you so much for words of encouragement! Actually is quite uplifting and truly appreciated ☺

@CaptainBoing, wishing you the absolute best in your comp tomorrow!!
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/26
    Physical activity: Yes, 8km run, 20 mins yoga
    Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal (but ate all my exercise calories at yet another work-related catered dinner.. [the LAST for a while :)])
    Work on meditation: Yes

Current weight: 141.5

Current struggles: I didn't do great with portion control at the dinner last night. On reflection, I should pay more attention to that next time I am in the same situation. I could have comfortably eaten HALF of everything on my plate and turned down dessert.

Current strengths: Still focused, supported.

@bellew62802 - you're welcome... Keep up the good work!
    @CaptainBoing - good luck at the competition today, I will be thinking of you
    @alp_19 - thinking of you too.... I hope all is well
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Day 2/28
    Water 8+: No
    Exercise Time: 30 minutes leisurely. Rest day

Stayed Under Calorie Goal: Nope I was over by 600 plus cals. Considering today a "cheat day"

Current Struggles:
    Not much of any today.

Current Strength: Got to sleep through night AND til 7:15 a.m. That helped a lot!
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Report for : 2/28 (last entry was for 2/27, not 2/26.... I DO have issues!)
    Physical activity: Yes, 30 mins brisk walk
    Work on meditation: Yes

Current weight: tbd tomorrow!

Current struggles: The weather was lovely this weekend, but is shaping up to be terrible this week. I anticipate much reduced drive to be active! Will need to keep at it.

Current strengths: Committed to logging food. Able to turn down "treats" at work without feeling deprived :)

@bellew62802 , so glad to hear you slept well! I usually have problems with waking up far too early, so I know how debilitating it can be...

On another note, to everyone still participating on this board (or is it just you & me @bellew62802 ?) Should we carry on here after February ends, or start a new March board? I'm hoping after Girl Scout cookie season ends, we will hear from @Julipax again.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    Date: 2/29 The Final Day!
    Exercise Time: 55 minutes

Current Weight: Weigh in tomorrow
    Stayed Under Calorie Goal: Yes

Current Struggles:
    It's not so much of a struggle as it is a "where did everybody go?"

Current Strength: So thankful @newbie2143 that you are still in here with me. I would very much like to continue this into March! I think maybe starting a new board would be a good idea so others could join under that new name. If you would do the honors of getting it started, that would be awesome! Maybe juliepax will join us there!
  • bellew62802
    Options
    My P.S. got cut off but @newbie2143 I am sending warm sunny vibes your way to help with your drive to be active
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, just wasn't posting on my weekend away for competition. I am also keen for a March run, please post the link here when it is up.
    I had a great weekend and loved the competition. I fought hard and I fought well and I got Bronze. I made it to Absolute division (in girls that is all belts and all weights, but only white and blue belts entered) I fought a very skilled blue and lost. A hard take down combined with my bump on the head a few weeks ago resulted in concussion after the fight and because of some memory issues I spent the night in hospital for observation. I'm going for a checkup today but I'm much better although I still have some gaps in my recall. I will obviously be taking it easy for a while...
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^OMG @CaptainBoing! Take it easy, and we totally understand if you aren't posting for a while... From my very limited knowledge about concussions, I think I remember something about staying away from screens for a while??? Anyway, sounds like you did very well at the competition... Now it is time to recover!

If we don't hear from @Julipax through the day today, I will post a new March board tonight.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    So glad to see you @CaptainBoing! While your competition day sounds like a success, your concussion is not. So sorry to hear that! R&R for awhile....sounds like we'll still be doing this journaling challenge
  • bellew62802
    Options
    For crying out loud! This didn't post all I wrote. Anyway, @newbie2143 , will check back later for possible new thread. Thank you!

Didn't meet goal weight of 168 but only by a few ounces 169.2. At least clothes are looser with legs and tummy tighter and stronger :smiley:
  • newbie2143
    Options
    OK everyone, I just started a new board for March.....under Challenges - "Daily Healthy Habit Challenge - March".
    Gotta say, I feel a bit weird starting it since it wasn't my idea originally.... @Julipax, I hope you understand :).
    See everyone over on the new board.
  • bilinguacom513
    bilinguacom513 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Date 03/3/16
    Vitamins: oh yea!
    Water: +12 only water
    Exercise time: 2 hrs
    Calorie goal: 1525 on target most days
    Starting weight: 208 lbs
    Currant weight: 194.1 lbs
    Goal weight: 130-145 lbs
    Current struggles: WANTING TO SLEEP PAST 7am but I am getting up on time at 5:45am put on workout clothes and start work out at 6:00am for at least an hour, then shower and get ready for work, then make my healthy breakfast, and ready work by 8:00am...doing this 5 day a week. Some days I struggle but I end up doing at least 20 minutes of high intense exercise because I decided to sleep a little bit more, then I regret sleeping in.

Current strengths: almost on a routine with waking up, eating way healthier now, great family support, very encouraged and excited to do this. Doing this for almost 2 months in a row now. Positive and maybe a bit overly obsessed about it all. Finally very motivated to keep going.
  • bellew62802
    Options
    @bilinguacom513, we have a new thread for March. Please join us on Daily Health Habits March ☺ under Challenges in Community.