What nobody told you about running.

Options
167891012»

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    blisters in odd places where you least expect them, and friction burns on your toes.

I get blisters in my arches, I have twin skin socks, but have just discovered Engo Blister patches - they fix to the shoe in the place you blister (in my case where the insole meets shoe, and my foot rubs against it) and are anti-friction. Problem so far solved!
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    when I started running was a way to burn calories on my out of the gym days now my gym days are to burn calories when I can't go running.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Running is so much fun. I can only run between 30-35 minutes without stopping but I'm just getting started. Also, I haven't experienced the black toe nail thing but I think it's coming. My lips are always chapped no matter how hydrated I am during a run.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That there's a nirvana in running a mile straight up a mountain, testing your mettle for the pure sake of it. Non runners call it crazy.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That it'd be one of the most addicting things. DURING the run I'm not too enthused, but nothing compares to the sense of I DID IT!!! after completing a run.

I get antsy if I haven't run in a while.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That just because you are 90lbs overweight doesn't mean you can't run!! I'm up to 8 minute intervals and have shed 15lbs in the process.