Men: Oblivious to Flirting.

Options

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I'm oblivious. It's absolutely hopeless. I've gotten better at flirting, but I have no idea when I'm being flirted with.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I never think anyone is flirting with me (this could be because nobody ever does but I wouldn't know either way)

However, I think this is mainly because I have such low self esteem that I don't think anyone could be interested in me.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I don't flirt. I see someone I like I just jump on him. Or make like a damsel and fall into his lap. ;P
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    I never think anyone is flirting with me (this could be because nobody ever does but I wouldn't know either way)

However, I think this is mainly because I have such low self esteem that I don't think anyone could be interested in me.

Your quite a looker Jenni, don't put yourself down xx
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    I don't flirt. I see someone I like I just jump on him. Or make like a damsel and fall into his lap. ;P

Have you fallen into many laps?
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea (and I mean as in completely clueless) when a woman is flirting with me until someone points it out!! Even then I still don't believe it!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Have you fallen into many laps?

A few. I like strong, protective men.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I think woman believe men are oblivious because time and time again we will think a girl is flirting with us, then when we start flirting we are met with.. "Whoa buddy, I was just being nice".. so now most guys are apprehensive to think woman are flirting with them because we think everything is flirty but try not to cross a line until we are sure.. which in some cases we like CLEAR signs.

Woman hold all the power, why do you hide the flirtiness.. just be open and direct.. guys don't want to scavenger hunt around your meanings.

This sounds like a reasonable assessment. I may have developed an allergy to subtlety. The other option is to respond in an even more subtle way which tends to annoy the woman, as well.
    This one, right here. Particularly now that misunderstanding flirtation, and responding with flirtation where it was not intended, could get us in serious trouble with our colleges/employers for sexual harassment, it's often in a man's best interest to simply assume that nobody is flirting with him unless the person in question is grabbing his crotch while licking his neck.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I like to be upfront about flirting, so I just latch my vagina on to any area of exposed skin like a barnacle on a dock until they ask me out for dinner.

If I ever find myself single I shall try this method.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    This could be true. I am not aware of a woman flirting with me in real life in prob 15yrs.
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    How is flirting any different than being nice? Now if you come grab my crotch and tell me I have nice shoes. Well that's a horse of a different color.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    men are idiots when it comes to some things..the sooner you learn that, the better..oh wait, you're not married yet..
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    How is flirting any different than being nice? Now if you come grab my crotch and tell me I have nice shoes. Well that's a horse of a different color.

see what Im talking about
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I like to be upfront about flirting, so I just latch my vagina on to any area of exposed skin like a barnacle on a dock until they ask me out for dinner.

If I ever find myself single I shall try this method.
    totally snorted water on that one......best line I've heard in a while \m/
    and I picture it like the rate suckers progressive commercial.....except with vaj instead \m/
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This could be true. I am not aware of a woman flirting with me in real life in prob 15yrs.

Always so damn humble....just stop it already!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Negative.

Your present interpretation and mindset will give you the perception that a man is either 1) being nice; 2) flirting; 3) undressing you; 4) buying you more shots while you believe you have the upper hand; 5) leaving a 20 on the night stand.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Negative.

Your present interpretation and mindset will give you the perception that a man is either 1) being nice; 2) flirting; 3) undressing you; 4) buying you more shots while you believe you have the upper hand; 5) leaving a 20 on the night stand.

This doesn't even make sense.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Necroing a long dead post.

Ok because of my size, and also the fact that I never got hit hit on in highschool or college much. So it was very surprising, when I walked up to this gerogous woman a few years back and she and I started talking. Well I thought she was being friendly and nice to me ou respect. We tlaked, she gave me her number, and we went out on a friendly dinner. Well during dinner , I noticed she licked her lips a lot and sometimes leaned in with her chest showing her assets.

Well at the time, I figured that there was no way in hell this girl was flirting with me. Dispite all my player friends telling me signs that females give when they want someone. Besides that, she smiled a lot and laughed a lot at my horrible jokes and views on life. I still thought well this si a cool girl and she is fun to hang with. No way a fat*** like my self could be attracting her.

I played it cool thinking still no way in hell is a hot woman flirting with me. Well we get back to her place and watch a movie before she said its bed time. . Well I figured I ahd a great time with a attractive woman and Ill just head home happy with that. Well she told me to go into her room and help her put the sheets on her bed. I helped her make up her bed and headed out.

Well the next time I called her, she was pissed at me. I asked why was she in a witchy mood(editing my real words) . Well she called me a JA and told me I didnt have to reject her like I did that night.

Honestly folks, I had no idea I was being hit on and she went through every time she was flirting with me. I tell you to this day, I would not ahve guessed she was flirting with me .

OH DalekBrittany .. SKARO FOREVER :)
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I think woman believe men are oblivious because time and time again we will think a girl is flirting with us, then when we start flirting we are met with.. "Whoa buddy, I was just being nice".. so now most guys are apprehensive to think woman are flirting with them because we think everything is flirty but try not to cross a line until we are sure.. which in some cases we like CLEAR signs.

Woman hold all the power, why do you hide the flirtiness.. just be open and direct.. guys don't want to scavenger hunt around your meanings.

Ding Ding! Winner, winner chicken dinner. Mmmm!...chicken dinner...