Men: Oblivious to Flirting.

Options

Replies

• EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    When I've been in a relationship, I just pretend to be oblivious to flirtation. Playing dumb is a lot easier than tactfully turning down someone else... forlorn women are dangerous, yo
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I think I am the poster child for men oblivious to flirting. Usually, I don't realize it for a few hours, days, ever if someone has flirted with me.

I have intelligence in other areas, haha
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I assume that nobody would be interested in me anyway, so there's no way that I'd get flirted with in the first place!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I'd admit it. I have no clue when their flirting with me.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    The thing is that (at least in my case) when we're not interested at someone, we simply don't really pay attention to those "clues" that show someone's interest. Thus even if the person is flirting, we would take it as just that person being nice, or friendly. The issue here is that if we really like someone, we might actually misinterpret their nice friendly attitude for flirting, when in fact the person isn't even flirting with us.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny when I'm not flirting, people think I'm into them, and then it gets awkward. When I actually AM flirting, they don't pick up on it. People are silly.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I'm pretty oblivious to guys flirting with me! It's not just men! lol.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    What you all fail to do is put out a list of women flirts. If it was a few pages back and I missed it, then I failed to read.

Put out. heh heh. heh.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think woman believe men are oblivious because time and time again we will think a girl is flirting with us, then when we start flirting we are met with.. "Whoa buddy, I was just being nice".. so now most guys are apprehensive to think woman are flirting with them because we think everything is flirty but try not to cross a line until we are sure.. which in some cases we like CLEAR signs.

^^ this
    I'm happy to admit being completely oblivious, makes a night out far less complicated and far more enjoyable.
    I find I have a much better time if I think of people just as potential new friends, rather than potential new relationship thing - brain turns to mush and rubbish just tumbles out randomly.
    So I dont even try.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    In my experience men are pretty oblivious to flirting. Especially if they don't have a great self esteem. Its also rather scary to flirt so outrageously that a guy finally notices. Getting a guy to realize you are flirting with them kinda goes beyond just flirting and into a full on make out session.
  • Cudleigh
    Cudleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What you all fail to do is put out a list of women flirts. If it was a few pages back and I missed it, then I failed to read.

Put out. heh heh. heh.

Personally, when I flirt, I:

a. get super touchy. I usually keep my hands to myself, unless I'm into you;
    b. get snarky. Basically, if I'm polite to you, that's a bad sign.
    c. may or may not pull down my shirt a little bit because I like my boobs, and you were probably looking at them anyway.
    d. if I'm drunk? Heh. Don't worry, I'll straight out tell you.

:P
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I freely admit to having absolutely no clue that someone is flirting with me. I chalk it up to either being raised by a single ( widowed ) mother and various of my 9 older sisters, or the fact that I am honestly surprised when a fully coherent adult female wants anything to do with me. Either way, I simply never take it as flirting. It's always just people joking around.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm totally clueless. I cant remember a time when anyone has flirted with me....at least in recent times.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    Options
    I cant remember a time when anyone has flirted with me....at least in recent times.

You are not alone.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    I cant remember a time when anyone has flirted with me....at least in recent times.

You are not alone.

HOW YOU DOIN
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Y'all are talking about IoI's (Indicators of Interest). When women are communicating IoI's, they typically:

1. Play with their hair.
    2. Smooth or tug at their clothes.
    3. Laugh at your jokes, even if they're not *that* funny.
    4. Make a point of touching you often.
    5. Prolong eye contact and smiles.
    6. Provide unsolicited personal information.
    7. Show great interest in the details of your personal life.
  • CamilleJackie350
    Options
    Anytime a female opens her mouth shes flirting
  • MrsPaulSmith
    Options

Not even slightly true.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Not even slightly true.

Pay attention to me :(
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I freely admit to having absolutely no clue that someone is flirting with me. I chalk it up to either being raised by a single ( widowed ) mother and various of my 9 older sisters, or the fact that I am honestly surprised when a fully coherent adult female wants anything to do with me. Either way, I simply never take it as flirting. It's always just people joking around.

Yep. Exactly.

I dont know if she's interested until her lips are on mine. Only slightly exaggerating.