Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Not an Oreo (nor any kind of pre-packaged cookie), but a co-worker brought in these homemade cookies today, and it felt like a good reason to bump this awesome thread.

cookie_zpsdyfvrk68.jpg

Those look delicious.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Not an Oreo (nor any kind of pre-packaged cookie), but a co-worker brought in these homemade cookies today, and it felt like a good reason to bump this awesome thread.

cookie_zpsdyfvrk68.jpg

That looks amazing.

On an Oreo related note:
    Workout was late last night so post workout nutrition doubled as a bedtime snack. What did I have, you ask?

1 scoop whey (in water to save calories for Oreos)
    3 cups 2% milk (casein for midnight muscle building)
    6 original Oreos

Booyah!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    A friend from Seattle posted these, which she found in Chinatown, on FB today:

c2clenden3qk.jpg

Those look AMAZING!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Honestly these are my favorite packaged cookies

biscuits-la-trinitaine.jpg

But of course they're only available in some specific stores in France, so it probably doesn't count.

But I still like Pepperidge Farm more than Oreos :p
  • Carlos_421
    Francl27 wrote: »

But of course they're only available in some specific stores in France, so it probably doesn't count.

Those look about as exciting as a bran muffin.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    A friend from Seattle posted these, which she found in Chinatown, on FB today:

c2clenden3qk.jpg

Seeing this gives me the feeling maybe some kid in a sweat shop in China had the job of crushing up Oreos to make these. And those may not be raisins in there. :) lol
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

And about 1/2 as tasty...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

You have no idea what you're missing... pure buttery goodness... of course the big ones are like 90 calories each *sigh*
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Please tell me this is not so? I went to my grocery store yesterday and the tag for the cinnamon bun ones where gone :( I got like the last package. I checked Walmart's website and it says no longer sold. I am now very sad.
  • M

That's a compliment. They used to hand these out at church when I was a kid (because presumably cookies with chocolate were too decadent?) Anyway they taste like really sweet cardboard.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Please tell me this is not so? I went to my grocery store yesterday and the tag for the cinnamon bun ones where gone :( I got like the last package. I checked Walmart's website and it says no longer sold. I am now very sad.

What? I thought those weren't supposed to be limited edition. And this is why I buy 2 packages of any oreos I want to try instead of just the one...sheesh.
  • Carlos_421

You have no idea what you're missing... pure buttery goodness... of course the big ones are like 90 calories each *sigh*

Dinner rolls are supposed to be buttery.
    Cookies are supposed to be sweet and either chocolatey or peanut buttery. Sometimes both.
  • juggernaut1974

I feel your pain. I stopped at Target after working out hoping to get some peanut butter ones based on the comments here only to find none. They did however have cinnamon bun ones. I went for the plain because ....why mess with perfection?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

Cookies are supposed to be sweet and either chocolatey or peanut buttery. Sometimes both.

Now now now...what about Lorna Doones?
  • Carlos_421

I feel your pain. I stopped at Target after working out hoping to get some peanut butter ones based on the comments here only to find none. They did however have cinnamon bun ones. I went for the plain because ....why mess with perfection?

QFT
  • Carlos_421
    glassyo wrote: »

Sounds like a weird bird...
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member

What? I thought those weren't supposed to be limited edition. And this is why I buy 2 packages of any oreos I want to try instead of just the one...sheesh.

Well so far seems like they are not listed on the Oreo website either, not sure if limited or what. Going to check Walmart for them tomorrow. Could be my store just stopped carrying, hope that is all.
  • juggernaut1974

lorna.jpg?itok=ppA50mfN

They look like sadness compared to

Beautiful-Cookies-and-Milk.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

Beautiful-Cookies-and-Milk.jpg

Oh, man. That's just a giant pile of awesome right there!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Saw this floating around Facebook and thought of all of you... I give you, the oreogasm...

http://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/valentines-day/videos/a45931/oreogasm-brownie/