Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Finally picked up some birthday cake Oreo's last night in Tesco... I think I'm in love...
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The original oreos are amazing.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/foxs-cookies-creams-chocolate-114864.jpg

Foxes cream crunch are soo much nicer than oreo's in my opinion, just saying....
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly these are my favorite packaged cookies

biscuits-la-trinitaine.jpg

But of course they're only available in some specific stores in France, so it probably doesn't count.

But I still like Pepperidge Farm more than Oreos :p

Those look about as exciting as a bran muffin.

And about 1/2 as tasty...

You have no idea what you're missing... pure buttery goodness... of course the big ones are like 90 calories each *sigh*

Dinner rolls are supposed to be buttery.
    Cookies are supposed to be sweet and either chocolatey or peanut buttery. Sometimes both.

Now now now...what about Lorna Doones?

lorna.jpg?itok=ppA50mfN

They look like sadness compared to

Beautiful-Cookies-and-Milk.jpg

But they taste like an artery clogger!

Plus I like my 100 calorie packs and the lorna doone 100 calorie pack are real cookies as opposed to the oreo ones which are...I don't know what the hell they are.

I equally love both (along with milanos and bordeaux). :)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    They are in UK shops but I've never wanted to try them and still don't because they look like there's a lot of black food colouring in them. Unnatural-looking things suggest they will have an unnatural taste too.
  • moreller
    moreller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

Yeah, I think a lot of Oreo love is nostalgia. Personally I think the fill taste like sugar and powdered milk and the cookie taste like dark cardboard.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a bourbon or a ginger nut or a hob nob or a Jaffa cake.....anything but an awful oreo.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

But of course they're only available in some specific stores in France, so it probably doesn't count.

You have no idea what you're missing... pure buttery goodness... of course the big ones are like 90 calories each *sigh*

Cookies are supposed to be sweet and either chocolatey or peanut buttery. Sometimes both.

Those are nowhere near as good as the ones I posted above, but still tasty.

But I guess butter/sugar cookies are just my favorite cookies anyway. Chessmen from Pepperidge Farm? Yes please!
  • glassyo
    Options

Those are nowhere near as good as the ones I posted above, but still tasty.

But I guess butter/sugar cookies are just my favorite cookies anyway. Chessmen from Pepperidge Farm? Yes please!

Hey, I'd be all over those cookies you posted!

Of course, I'll eat pretty much any cookie unless it has mint. :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Finally got my grubby little paws on some peanut butter Oreos last night. Can confirm they are awesome. Maybe even better than mint ones...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    They were giving samples of Oreos at the store yesterday. Got to try the cinnamon bun one (and must say I was underwhelmed) and the thin mint. This one I was really impressed with (sorry Carlos) and maybe even better than a Girl Scout Thin Mint. However since we have tons of valentines candy, and plans to bake/decorate sugar cookies today, I managed to say thanks for the sample sweet little old lady wearing plastic serving gloves and forgo buying a pack of any of them...
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Oreos are kind of gross but I guess if you grew up with them you would think differently.
    English peeps, the main problem with America is the difficulty in getting crunchie bars. But look what Target has started selling? I didn't even know these existed until now.
    j6fijz40gqom.jpg
  • Lycan_
    Lycan_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but Girl Scout Thin Mints are the best packaged cookies of all time.

That said, they pail in comparison when put up against some freshly baked, made from scratch chocolate chip cookies.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What is this?? An attempted takeover by the Anti-Oreo propoganda machine??

NEVER!!

aXIRGp.gif
  • glassyo
    edited February 2016
    Options

NEVER!!

aXIRGp.gif

I wonder how much that cookie weighs...for logging purposes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

NEVER!!

aXIRGp.gif

Hahaha OMG.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that one of you tried these....
    vgt2ktv3gka5.jpeg
    Mmmmmm
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Where did all the haters come from?
    Who could possibly not like Oreos? Are we being infiltrated by body snatching aliens?
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    English peeps, the main problem with America is the difficulty in getting crunchie bars.

I agree. Our lack of Crunchie bars is quite a problem. Pepperidge Farm started importing Tim Tams, so I still have hope for the Crunchie.