Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Dad's are far superior in pretty much every way.

Fathers are better than cookies.
    Cookies are better than kale.
    Oreos are better than all other packaged cookies.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    k72mqaaawhq4.jpg
    It's about to go down!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you that have tried the Peeps Oreos:

Do they really turn your poop pink? I read that on some Fox-affiliated local news website last night.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Do they really turn your poop pink? I read that on some Fox-affiliated local news website last night.

If that is true, it is beyond reason enough in my mind to try them!!!!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

I have only eaten a couple at a time and have not noticed anything like that. Perhaps if you eat a whole row in one sitting!

I did finally find them at Walmart and give them 2 thumbs up! The crystal sugar in the filling really does give you a peep-like experience :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

I have only eaten a couple at a time and have not noticed anything like that. Perhaps if you eat a whole row in one sitting!

I did finally find them at Walmart and give them 2 thumbs up! The crystal sugar in the filling really does give you a peep-like experience :)

I loathe marshmallows, but would eat those Oreos if I could because I love that crystal sugar feeling (I've had that sort of experience in other things). I'm all about texture stuff.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

LOL. When I was little my mom would make cookies for St Patricks Day with like a whole bottle of green food coloring in them, and our poop would be an awful shade of green for a week. Moderation, people :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

LOL. When I was little my mom would make cookies for St Patricks Day with like a whole bottle of green food coloring in them, and our poop would be an awful shade of green for a week. Moderation, people :lol:

:D
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I just have to say this is the most awful, chemical-tasting food I have put in my mouth for a very long time. They're a terrible waste of a lovely vanilla wafer cookie. I saw them at Target, and I figured, what the hey, I like peeps, I like Oreos, why not?

jr41feiboadb.jpg
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    @Ruatine I seriously considered picking up a package of these...but I've heard mixed reviews on whether people like them. What a shame!

~Lyssa
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    @Ruatine I seriously considered picking up a package of these...but I've heard mixed reviews on whether people like them. What a shame!

~Lyssa

Yeah, I was disappointed. Live and learn, I guess. :shrug: I would've always wondered if I hadn't tried them. :D
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Another vote for Hydrox. Now that the ORIGINAL recipe is back. They're just the best. Oreos taste like sand in comparison.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Another vote for Hydrox. Now that the ORIGINAL recipe is back. They're just the best. Oreos taste like sand in comparison.

Hydrox are to Oreos what "cereal circles" are to cheerios. Subpar and disappointing.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Hydrox is the kind of disappointment best served with sugarless kool-aid.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Quite backwards. Oreo was and is the inferior copy-- a triumph of marketing over quality.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Are these new?!? Because I need these in my pantry, right now!

ptpf46licvfk.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

ptpf46licvfk.jpg

I saw them at Wegmans last year, so no. But I haven't seen them since.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

ptpf46licvfk.jpg

I saw them at Wegmans last year, so no. But I haven't seen them since.

Ah, man. :'(
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    giphy.gif
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Quite backwards. Oreo was and is the inferior copy-- a triumph of marketing over quality.