Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think Thin Oreos are the dumbest cookie ever. Like I want to punch the person at the Oreo company in the face for even thinking that they would be a good idea. You know people are just going to eat more of them! Double-Stuff Oreos for life!

But I'm going to give a big shout out to my favorite cookie of all time - the humble Fig Newton!!
    I could literally eat an entire box in one sitting.
  • dw920
    dw920 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you have an Aldi near you, try their brand. I think they taste just like the real think and are significantly cheaper!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    dw920 wrote: »
    If you have an Aldi near you, try their brand. I think they taste just like the real think and are significantly cheaper!

I haven't tried the Aldi's Oreos, but their knock-off Girl Scout cookies are amazing!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Double-stuff crew for life y'all. I love cookies in general honestly though <3
  • RebeccaGabriele375
    RebeccaGabriele375 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For Me I Definitely Like The Original Oreos Also The Peppermint Kind That Come Out Around Christmas Time Those Are Delicious As Well!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    t9puvw43ux4f.jpg

these right here are my weakness!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    So...googling I came across these. Haven't ever seen them but I would give 'em a whirl

oreo-churros-official.0.0.jpg

If they are not available, this post is not helpful at all!!! It's just going to create angry hoards of unsatisfied consumers. :grumble:

You mean like these??
    Oreoos.jpg

So many Oreo products I have never seen before. I'm not sure how I feel about these ones. I would have to try them.

Have 2 boxes waiting for me at home they are delicious!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Does anyone dip Chips Ahoy in orange juice?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

u0opl1db6ldv.png

QFT
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

u0opl1db6ldv.png

QFT

I KNOW it sounds horrifying but it's honestly amazing. It's like chocolate + orange + dipped-in-liquid cookie goodness <3

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

u0opl1db6ldv.png

QFT

I KNOW it sounds horrifying but it's honestly amazing. It's like chocolate + orange + dipped-in-liquid cookie goodness <3

Chocolate and orange as a flavor combo do work well together. Oreos dipped in plain, acidic orange juice. Not an awesome flavor combo. :tongue:
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

u0opl1db6ldv.png

QFT

x2
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Although not 100%, they are vegan even tho they may have at one time possibly come in contact with milk. Yey!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I found these at Target tonight, and I couldn't resist picking up a package. They are delicious! I couldn't help but think that they'd make a wonderful addition to a shake.

k39vqv7ziwiu.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I'm not a huge cookie person, but I can definitely agree on some things here:

Oreos > Double Stuff - it's not the ratio...its that the icing has a totally different consistency that makes them "less delicious.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate - Obviously.

White Chocolate: I'd rather stick hot forks into my eyes.

Milanos > Oreos: Because *see dark chocolate*

Honestly...I never got over when TGI Friday's got rid of the "Oreo Madness" Dessert. WHY?!! I would make special trips there and would bathe in it if they brought it back.

Get out.

giphy.gif

lol! Who flagged this?? lol!!!!
    tenor.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I found these at Target tonight, and I couldn't resist picking up a package. They are delicious! I couldn't help but think that they'd make a wonderful addition to a shake.

k39vqv7ziwiu.jpg

Doh! A chocolate malt with these!

5lfswo5lq92o.gif