Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• TRosen19335
    TRosen19335 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ...could live off of Oreos.

Throw some PB into the mix and you're good to go.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I so want to try the Oreo mint thins but I have two whole packages of the regular oreos at home. Then I saw the lemon thins and I wanted them too. I end up giving a lot of food away because I want to try something and I live alone so I can only eat so much food. Hence I did not get the lemon or the mint oreos...
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I so want to try the Oreo mint thins but I have two whole packages of the regular oreos at home. Then I saw the lemon thins and I wanted them too. I end up giving a lot of food away because I want to try something and I live alone so I can only eat so much food. Hence I did not get the lemon or the mint oreos...

I think the original lemon Oreos are better. I love the plain thins, though. So good!!! I gotta try the mint.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    ...could live off of Oreos.

Throw some PB into the mix and you're good to go.

Peanut butter oreos exist, man. THEY'RE OUT THERE!!!

Not to be confused with the reeses oreos, which were highly disappointing.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Some interesting store brand options:
    Wal Mart is carrying a banana chocolate "Oreo"

HEB beat Oreo to the punch and released their version of a Fireworks Oreo not to long ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/03/17/spotted-on-shelves-store-brand-edition-3172017/amp/
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    These were just stocked in my company's canteen:

wrbhr7279dzs.jpg

I just had to try it. It is delicious. :yum:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I honestly miss the oreo cakesters for some reason.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If you're going Oreos, it's gotta be Double-Stuff. (I just bought a huge package last night for my husband and I have not been tempted at all! I had to hide them from myself, though.)

My favorite cookie by far is Nutter Butters.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oreo Thins =/= real Oreos. I just tried to kill a craving for Oreos and cold milk with Oreo Thins. Absolutely NOT the same... :|

hn7li62lqy2c.jpg
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just bought the blueberry pie oreos and the key lime pie oreos. I just need to stop going down the cookie aisle at the grocery store because I always have to try the new or seasonal flavors
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    I just bought the blueberry pie oreos and the key lime pie oreos. I just need to stop going down the cookie aisle at the grocery store because I always have to try the new or seasonal flavors

Ooooo I have another shot at the key lime pie oreos? Let me know how they are. I tried the Walmart version and they were too tart so if the Oreo version is more muted....
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options

I would love to know what you think of the blueberry pie ones, I have been eyeing them, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    glassyo - I love the key lime pie oreos! Key lime is one of my favorite flavors. They are similar to the lemon oreos, which I also love (and have a package of at home, too)

Emily3907 - I think they taste pretty good!

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    The Fireworks Oreos. So mysteriously good.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    glassyo - I love the key lime pie oreos! Key lime is one of my favorite flavors. They are similar to the lemon oreos, which I also love (and have a package of at home, too)

Emily3907 - I think they taste pretty good!

I was soooooo looking forward to trying the key lime pie oreos the last time around but never got them. Then I tried the Walmart version and now...I'm not so sure I liked key lime pie at all! :)
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge cookie person, but I can definitely agree on some things here:

Oreos > Double Stuff - it's not the ratio...its that the icing has a totally different consistency that makes them "less delicious.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate - Obviously.

White Chocolate: I'd rather stick hot forks into my eyes.

Milanos > Oreos: Because *see dark chocolate*

Honestly...I never got over when TGI Friday's got rid of the "Oreo Madness" Dessert. WHY?!! I would make special trips there and would bathe in it if they brought it back.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm not a huge cookie person, but I can definitely agree on some things here:

Oreos > Double Stuff - it's not the ratio...its that the icing has a totally different consistency that makes them "less delicious.

Dark Chocolate > Milk Chocolate - Obviously.

White Chocolate: I'd rather stick hot forks into my eyes.

Milanos > Oreos: Because *see dark chocolate*

Honestly...I never got over when TGI Friday's got rid of the "Oreo Madness" Dessert. WHY?!! I would make special trips there and would bathe in it if they brought it back.

Get out.

giphy.gif
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    @Carlos_421 I love how you come back to your thread just to tell people to get out. :joy:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    @Carlos_421 I love how you come back to your thread just to tell people to get out. :joy:

lol I was laughing at myself for it too.
    But ya know...some people just aren't worthy...
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

My favorite time to eat Oreos is while I'm in the dentist's waiting room