Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Which lifting program is the best for you?

Replies

• Beccalouise09Beccalouise09 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    This list is great. Thanks!

No problemo, as Terminator says from Terminator lol
  • Beccalouise09Beccalouise09 Posts: 74Member Member Posts: 74Member Member
    ritzvin wrote: »
    You wouldn't be doing it every day. ..you need at least 1 day recovery time between sessions (this is when your muscles are repairing and getting stronger, growing). 3 days per week (or even just 2).

I understand what you meant and I have made up a list for a set A and a set B so Set A's workout is for Mondays and Fridays while set B is only for Wednesdays. I could show you if you'd like? :wink: :smiley:
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 7,764Member Member Posts: 7,764Member Member
    I like PPL, and I've been doing PPL, PPL, Rest for a while now.

Although I feel like there are a few areas I'm neglecting that I'd like to focus on, and there's just not enough days in the week lol

So I've been looking at Full Body routines as a way to keep up my volume, cut back on days, and use those freed days for focus on other areas and recovery...

The drawback is losing those days of focused volume... But does it really even matter if I focus on one or two days or break the volume up over more days.
  • AfitbeginningAfitbeginning Posts: 31Member Member Posts: 31Member Member
    If im looking for a programme that incorporates cardio and strength for beginners, which one would be best?
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 7,764Member Member Posts: 7,764Member Member
    If im looking for a programme that incorporates cardio and strength for beginners, which one would be best?

Millionaire Hoy on YouTube has some great strength based cardio workouts... I would highly recommend him
  • scottfotherscottfother Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member

Athlean x

Millionaire Hoy on YouTube has some great strength based cardio workouts... I would highly recommend him

Thank you but was hoping for a workout I could use at the gym xx

Athlean x

Thank you!
  • jen20l9jen20l9 Posts: 16Member Member Posts: 16Member Member
    To look into!
  • LadySatonLadySaton Posts: 500Member Member Posts: 500Member Member
    My current choice is between dumbbell or bodyweight routines. (I’m not willing to keep barbells at home and not willing to join a gym again at this time.) I test-started the M&S full body dumbbell program today. I noticed it said not to add other exercises. Is that specific to not adding extra lifts? I’m trying to progress with certain body weight exercises and am not willing to give up on my pushups, chinups and pullups specifically. The rest I am willing to replace with the program. If I still do these three exercises on lifting days will that be a problem? If I shouldn’t do that, my plan is to just go with a bodyweight program instead and occasionally use dumbbell videos just because I like them.
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 34,972Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 34,972Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Added Stephanie Buttermore's womens program, which is on sale for $20 right now.
  • classic2oclassic2o Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 8,260Member Member Posts: 8,260Member Member
    @psuLemon just to let you know the first two links to Strong Curves bodyweight and template send you to page not found since the templates are no longer available for free online (as far as I know). Maybe linking all of them to that last link which works or the link to the Amazon page to order the book.
  • AvianDBAvianDB Posts: 56Member Member Posts: 56Member Member
    I am really liking PPL!
  • Teabythesea_Teabythesea_ Posts: 559Member Member Posts: 559Member Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    @psuLemon just to let you know the first two links to Strong Curves bodyweight and template send you to page not found since the templates are no longer available for free online (as far as I know). Maybe linking all of them to that last link which works or the link to the Amazon page to order the book.

They are available in spreadsheet form here:

https://liftvault.com/programs/strength/strong-curves-program-spreadsheet/#Strong_Curves_Bootyful_Beginnings_Workout_Spreadsheet
  • msurkusmsurkus Posts: 23Member, Premium Member Posts: 23Member, Premium Member
    The best program is the one you do.
    edited March 28
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 34,972Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 34,972Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »

They are available in spreadsheet form here:

https://liftvault.com/programs/strength/strong-curves-program-spreadsheet/#Strong_Curves_Bootyful_Beginnings_Workout_Spreadsheet

Thanks. I have updated the links. Sorry it took awhile to respond. Work and home life has been crazy.
  • Keto_Tranform_MeKeto_Tranform_Me Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Following
  • planjplanj Posts: 53Member Member Posts: 53Member Member
    Thank you!