anyone else tired of weightlifting?

Options
thekyleo
thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Hell no!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I LOVE lifting.

Maybe what you were doing was getting stale. Did you switch things up at all? I find that when I do the same routine for a really long time that I get bored and eventually begin to NOT want to go to the gym.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    To be honest, yep. Don't know what exactly would work/is right/how to do.

Been using dumbbells at my old women's only fitness center. Now starting to go to a real gym, with real weights. Kinda scared too. :/
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Do you train on your own? Sometimes having a "spotter" can help you push that little bit harder.

I find, setting myself a goal to get to keeps me motivated enough to keep pushing myself, even though I train on my own, but tend to go even harder with a "spotter".
  • thekyleo
    Options
    I've been changing up my routine (sets, reps, excercises). I guess I get intimidated at the gym because i can't lift as much as anyone else ( I know, that's not an excuse)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sandbags/kettlebells/suspension trainers.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Do you train on your own? Sometimes having a "spotter" can help you push that little bit harder.

I find, setting myself a goal to get to keeps me motivated enough to keep pushing myself, even though I train on my own, but tend to go even harder with a "spotter".

I do train by myself, wish I had someone to train with but no one I know can train at the times i do
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HELL NO!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

No, and I've been lifting for the better part of the past 15 yrs.

This being said, we are *all* different. Soooo many variations of the same despite that not a special snowflake BS.
    If it works for you, GO FOR IT!!

Celebrate the fact that you found something you can stick to and that you can see benefits :drinker:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    This being said, we are *all* different. Soooo many variations of the same despite that not a special snowflake BS.

I think I love you.:heart:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm on lifting restrictions. I'm hating life right now. I wish I could lift.
  • totentanz1980
    Options
    If you are sick of lifting, take some time off for a while. Studies show that 9 days off with a return on the 10th day results in a spike in satellite cells, which basically means more growth potential. So... when you hit a plateau then time off is a good thing. It is also good for mental stability.
    I like the DC mentality of "blasts" and "cruises" where you hit it hard for several weeks then take some weeks where you just do whatever you want in the gym, trying out new things or whatever. I do HST pretty much all the time but once in a while I lose motivation and get sick of following the script every time I go in, so I take a few weeks and just do what I want. Then return to regular training once my sanity is back. It's worth a shot.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Not possible. Try a new routine.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    There is always Zumba.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Out. GTFO NOW!!! :angry:

why?
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Oly lifting is where you belong son!:smokin:
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try a pre-workout drink. Gives lots of energy and makes workouts fun! I use N2KTS but its not for the newbs! (i'm not paid for saying this)
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Oly lifting is where you belong son!:smokin:

I don't know what that means
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Try a pre-workout drink. Gives lots of energy and makes workouts fun! I use N2KTS but its not for the newbs! (i'm not paid for saying this)

I do take a pre workout
This discussion has been closed.