anyone else tired of weightlifting?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try a pre-workout drink. Gives lots of energy and makes workouts fun! I use N2KTS but its not for the newbs! (i'm not paid for saying this)

I do take a pre workout

Try it!

A Red Bull, or a sugary dessert like cookies, boosts my energy when I don't feel like exercising.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Try a pre-workout drink. Gives lots of energy and makes workouts fun! I use N2KTS but its not for the newbs! (i'm not paid for saying this)

I do take a pre workout

Try it!

A Red Bull, or a sugary dessert like cookies, boosts my energy when I don't feel like exercising.

I do, I take StimForce or N.O Explode
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yup! Tired of it right now. Awhile ago I got bored with running/most forms of pure cardio and started lifting more. Now I'm bored with lifting... but I'm working with a new trainer and working on changing my routine. This should help with my boredom.
  • Hakarn
    Hakarn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of the same old thing, I try to change it up some. For all of these, I always do less weight than my max. Here's a few suggestions:

1. Do a set of 100. Try to work toward finding a weight where you fail around 90.

2. I don't know what it is actually called, but do a set of 7's. 7 reps only doing the first half of the motion, straight into 7 reps doing the second half of the motion, straight into 7 reps of doing the full motion.

3. Do very slow reps. Count 5-10 second up and 5-10 second down.

All of these just work different aspects of your muscle than the normal strength training. I find that after a few weeks of doing these, going back to strength training is much easier. It is a nice break from the normal routine.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    No! Lifting is my love. Often it takes people years to build. Don't give up!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've been changing up my routine (sets, reps, excercises). I guess I get intimidated at the gym because i can't lift as much as anyone else ( I know, that's not an excuse)
    No one cares how much you lift. Those guys didn't just show up at the gym one day as strong as they are either.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I see you are part of the zombie response team. I too consider myself a zombie mercenary. Every time you lift imagine its the corpse of some fat zombie that your using to stack and make a flesh shield from the invading hoard. Remember only the fit and quick witted will survive the onslaught
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I'll bet that it's not 'lifting' that you're tired of, but probably your routine. Even if you change up some aspects of it on your own, if you're tired of it then you need a bigger change to keep your interest. Maybe try to do your lifts in the context of a circuit type workout for a month or two ... or three. Then go back to a more traditional lifting schedule for a while.

I have nothing against running. I mix in some running myself once in a while, but it doesn't give you the same results as resistance training does.

Just my $0.02
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    You just have to mix it up. So when you get tired of the snatch, you jerk it.

There's many variations you could do...just have to find that sweet spot.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

I don't know what N2KTS is, but I like to have a huge margarita before I work out. It makes it all feel like more fun.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

tell me more.:flowerforyou:
  • thekyleo
    Options

I don't do snatches or jerks at all
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This being said, we are *all* different. Soooo many variations of the same despite that not a special snowflake BS.

I think I love you.:heart:

Back atcha babe :drinker:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    NEVER. Weight Training fo' life! If I can do it when I'm 70, I'll still be doing it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Sweet spot :bigsmile:

Sweaty & Hungry... I like how it just shows "HUNG" :laugh:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    A lot of cardio can be counterproductive to lifting. And are you eating to support lifting progress?
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options

tell me more.:flowerforyou:

I can tell you that the deeper you go, the better.

For squats that is.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    A lot of cardio can be counterproductive to lifting. And are you eating to support lifting progress?

not really, 2900 calories a day, that's what i need to eat to lose weight.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I love lifting, but plateaus can be as annoying as it comes. It is especially hard to continue building while you are in a calorie deficit and aren't adding any weights to the plates any more. Once your muscles reach a certain stage, if you want to see your lifts go up, you have to fuel your body correctly which includes eating closer to maintenance. Also, try switching up exercises, reps, and rep times to help get you over the hump and adding more weight to the bar.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!! I will hopefully be lifting forever :) If you not seeing gains take a break for a bit, in my opinion! Did me good! Also feeling intimidated is no excuse, I lift in an all male weight area. Benching my 66lb next to some guy pushing 220lb -->> motivation!
This discussion has been closed.