Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    good luck with that
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you just want to waste everyone's time and feel sorry for yourself ... and have someone validate your lack of motivation.

if you hate working out in the gym, then don't do it. sounds more like a commitment issue. there is so much information around and most people in gyms are pretty helpful if you need someone to spot you or learn from.

You just don't want to make the effort.

Your choice. there is no right or wrong. but whining about it is a waste of time.
  • SharyannaHoot
    Options
    Interesting that I agree with the post above.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    30 years of it so far.............................HELL NO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Yeah, I really don`t like lifting at all. I did all kinds of stuff, 5x5 or Body for life or Me diet. Jade and Keoni Tita. I really like walking. I do not like squatting. I never saw any results and didn`t lose any weight. I guess it`s all underneath. My knees and elbows started to hurt from repetitive strain. Natural movement can be as good. See if you can get your planks up to 5 min. Or just do pushups three times a week. Your chest will be great. Gotta keep movin, so you gotta keep changing things up. Life is not static right.
  • thanhdle
    thanhdle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

see video!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhOmBPtGNM
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No, I don't tire of it; however, I know when it is time for a rest. Last week, I had to take a day off... was the best thing I could do. We all need rest...
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I train to shine, I train and grind, i train like I lost my mothafu$k'n mind :) dont get tired of those weight destroy them don't let them beat you
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

see video!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhOmBPtGNM

i don't know what that was supposed to do
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    ya
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The gym is my favourite part of the day, what better feeling can you get then being all pumped up? :)
  • thekyleo
    Options
    The gym is my favourite part of the day, what better feeling can you get then being all pumped up? :)

i don't get that feeling
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    fark the haters

get on a good program for your level and be consistent with it. If you haven't been actually following anything then how can you expect to improve? I believe Berkhan calls it Fu(karounditus :laugh:

Do a comp of some sort. I do powerlifting and it is VERY motivating when you know you have a deadline to make some new maxes by. Also, strongman comps are awesome fun.

I have no idea where to get anything. I tried a muscle and fitness program, but i just stopped tracking my weights because the numbers kept going down. So i'll stop all together and get laughed at and just run and become "skinny fat"

I think there might be a waaambulance parked outside waiting for you.

Seriously dude. You came on here for advice. People gave you a lot of GOOD advice and you're just whining and moaning over said advice. People have given you programs to look at, advice on what to do etc. etc. and all you're doing is turning your nose up at it.

Don't want to lift? Then don't. But don't come here posting a question and then list all the reasons why the advice given isn't going to work for you.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    never.lol
  • thekyleo
    Options
    fark the haters

get on a good program for your level and be consistent with it. If you haven't been actually following anything then how can you expect to improve? I believe Berkhan calls it Fu(karounditus :laugh:

Do a comp of some sort. I do powerlifting and it is VERY motivating when you know you have a deadline to make some new maxes by. Also, strongman comps are awesome fun.

I have no idea where to get anything. I tried a muscle and fitness program, but i just stopped tracking my weights because the numbers kept going down. So i'll stop all together and get laughed at and just run and become "skinny fat"

I think there might be a waaambulance parked outside waiting for you.

Seriously dude. You came on here for advice. People gave you a lot of GOOD advice and you're just whining and moaning over said advice. People have given you programs to look at, advice on what to do etc. etc. and all you're doing is turning your nose up at it.

Don't want to lift? Then don't. But don't come here posting a question and then list all the reasons why the advice given isn't going to work for you.

yes, i took a ride in the waaambulance
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I think you're just "having a go" as the Brits say. If you don't like it, don't do it. But then you might not like the results. So, suck it up, or don't. But lifting is the closest thing to magic as you're going to get. *shrug* Your choice.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    I think you're just "having a go" as the Brits say. If you don't like it, don't do it. But then you might not like the results. So, suck it up, or don't. But lifting is the closest thing to magic as you're going to get. *shrug* Your choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "magic" nothing is magic
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Now I am not sure if the OP is serious or not.

Not sure what else any one can say without you coming back with excuses as to why you can't lift weights.

Don't go to the gym but don't expect to magically get a hard body sitting around on your butt.
  • thekyleo
    Options

Not sure what else any one can say without you coming back with excuses as to why you can't lift weights.

Don't go to the gym but don't expect to magically get a hard body sitting around on your butt.

i run
  • thekyleo
    Options

I am serious about tired of lifting weights, i lost 70lbs with the help of weights and cardio. Lately, my lifts have stalled an regressed. SO i feel that i have gone as far as i can and that i should stop. ALSO i never asked for advice. I just wanted to know what people thought about lifting
This discussion has been closed.