anyone else tired of weightlifting?

Options

Replies

• Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options
    perhaps you need a week off? a deload week? switch up your routine? perhaps your doing too much exercise overall? maybe it's just not for you? although that would be sad. Weight lifting has soooo many benefits.

you're right, it may be not for me at all.

So you're saying a ripped, muscled body isn't for you?

You want to just do cardio and lose fat and muscle so you can be "skinny fat"? Either you do or you don't. There comes a time when excuses need to stop. I did it for years, so have many on here.

I like chicken wings, chocolate, hot Cheetos, and everything that is deep fried. I get tired of eating grilled chicken breast, fish, and other lean meats. My coworkers laugh at me when having a working lunch while they eat their Popeye's, Burger King, etc. and I"m eating a salad with salmon. But does that mean I'm going to stop eating healthy?

Anyway...you're pissing me off. Why? Because you sound like me 65lbs ago.

MODS: This is me being MOTIVATIONAL!

I don't see how this is pissing you off.

Because I'm hungry!

No harm meant by it...really I just get frustrated bro. It really isn't that difficult. I remember feeling overwhelmed just as it appears you may be.

Good luck to you.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    edited for technical difficulties =)
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've been changing up my routine (sets, reps, excercises). I guess I get intimidated at the gym because i can't lift as much as anyone else ( I know, that's not an excuse)
    No one cares how much you lift. Those guys didn't just show up at the gym one day as strong as they are either.

You obviously haven't been to my gym. It's The YMCA and dudes there treat it like it's goddamn golds gym in the 80's. Dudes also will laugh at other guys who can't lift as much

Then laugh right back at them. They didn't start that strong and no one else did either. If they are that centered on how much they lift vs what other people lift THEY have a personal problem, not you. Also, if they laugh at other people that can't lift as much as them then being able to lift a lot of weight is probably about the only thing they have going for them in life. Just do your work outs and ignore the meat heads.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    You just have to mix it up. So when you get tired of the snatch, you jerk it.

There's many variations you could do...just have to find that sweet spot.

I don't do snatches or jerks at all

Maybe this is a sign. If you've been doing the *same* lifting movements all along, that would be rather tedious. Most lifting programs recommend switching things up or varying moves you incorporate. I've been lifting for about a year, too, but I've switched my routine probably three or four times during this time.
    I thought snatches were getting a little tedious and brought up trying some different variations, but my lifting partner was not very supportive of this idea.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I get bored with all of my workouts (lifting, cardio or plyo) at some point, so I try to mix/change up the routine every 90 days or so.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nope, But i CF so it's something different every single day. constant variety = impossible boredom. :smile:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    If you are sick of lifting, take some time off for a while. Studies show that 9 days off with a return on the 10th day results in a spike in satellite cells, which basically means more growth potential. So... when you hit a plateau then time off is a good thing. It is also good for mental stability.
    I like the DC mentality of "blasts" and "cruises" where you hit it hard for several weeks then take some weeks where you just do whatever you want in the gym, trying out new things or whatever. I do HST pretty much all the time but once in a while I lose motivation and get sick of following the script every time I go in, so I take a few weeks and just do what I want. Then return to regular training once my sanity is back. It's worth a shot.

I too find that when I "get sick of weightlifting" that it is a good idea to lay off for a while. The enthusiasm returns--especially when you start making new gains. :smile:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Hell-No.gif
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    who would say such a thing...i love weight lifting...and i won't get tired of it... NO PR, no problem...just push myself harder.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    perhaps you need a week off? a deload week? switch up your routine? perhaps your doing too much exercise overall? maybe it's just not for you? although that would be sad. Weight lifting has soooo many benefits.

you're right, it may be not for me at all.

I eat healthy 95% of the time. i'm hungry as well. I'm not overwhelmed. Just pissed off, i would rather stop lifting then try to lift in a futile attempt to do something that can't be accomplished

So you're saying a ripped, muscled body isn't for you?

You want to just do cardio and lose fat and muscle so you can be "skinny fat"? Either you do or you don't. There comes a time when excuses need to stop. I did it for years, so have many on here.

I like chicken wings, chocolate, hot Cheetos, and everything that is deep fried. I get tired of eating grilled chicken breast, fish, and other lean meats. My coworkers laugh at me when having a working lunch while they eat their Popeye's, Burger King, etc. and I"m eating a salad with salmon. But does that mean I'm going to stop eating healthy?

Anyway...you're pissing me off. Why? Because you sound like me 65lbs ago.

MODS: This is me being MOTIVATIONAL!

I don't see how this is pissing you off.

Because I'm hungry!

No harm meant by it...really I just get frustrated bro. It really isn't that difficult. I remember feeling overwhelmed just as it appears you may be.

Good luck to you.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Free weights intimidate me too. I have decided to conquer this fear by doing. I am comfortable with the machines, but know I was missing out, so I have just started lifting with them. I am already pumped about increasing the weight! I hope you find your mojo again, and pick it back up.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hell NO! B/C I wanna be like the 6' version of her when I grow up!

http://crossfitlowell.com/a-157lb-dissection/
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Some people just can't cut it
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Some people just can't cut it

no care bro
  • thekyleo
    Options
    well looks like i'm going to stop lifting, **** it
  • moosegt35
    Options

Is this a troll or attention thread? Those weights aren't going to jump off the bar and attack you and the meat heads in your gym aren't going to take you out back and beat you up because you can't lift as much as them. Stop being a girl (sorry to any girls that take that offensively) and lift some freaking weights. I am not very strong either, but I get stronger with each trip to the weight room.
  • thekyleo
    Options

Is this a troll or attention thread? Those weights aren't going to jump off the bar and attack you and the meat heads in your gym aren't going to take you out back and beat you up because you can't lift as much as them. Stop being a girl (sorry to any girls that take that offensively) and lift some freaking weights. I am not very strong either, but I get stronger with each trip to the weight room.

I don't know where you got the impression that i'm scared of weights. Stop being such an @$$ hole to people on forums
  • moosegt35
    Options

I don't know where you got the impression that i'm scared of weights. Stop being such an @$$ hole to people on forums

I' not, I'm just trying to make you quit being whiney and to hit the weights and get some results. Crying on a forum isn't going to make you stronger.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    FAIL! Shut up and lift.

I've been into it for about year now and just got into running more myself and all I can say is if you aren't seeing what you want to see then you are not challenging yourself enough or your routine is failing and you need to change that up.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Hell NO! B/C I wanna be like the 6' version of her when I grow up!

http://crossfitlowell.com/a-157lb-dissection/

<3
This discussion has been closed.