anyone else tired of weightlifting?

Options

Replies

• iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

R U CRAZY?!

Forever lifting.:drinker:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    After a while (6 months to a year) you hit the end of "newbie gains" and further gains have to come from extreme effort, meticulous diet, and likely bulking cycles.

You will probably see newbie gains running for a while before hitting a wall there. If everyone always got better forever with beginner efforts, there wouldn't be olympic runners (or lifters for that matter).
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden. i just stopped caring , i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

^ In bold. Above.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Not even once.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    well looks like i'm going to stop lifting, **** it

Is this a troll or attention thread? Those weights aren't going to jump off the bar and attack you and the meat heads in your gym aren't going to take you out back and beat you up because you can't lift as much as them. Stop being a girl (sorry to any girls that take that offensively) and lift some freaking weights. I am not very strong either, but I get stronger with each trip to the weight room.

I don't know where you got the impression that i'm scared of weights. Stop being such an @$$ hole to people on forums

I' not, I'm just trying to make you quit being whiney and to hit the weights and get some results. Crying on a forum isn't going to make you stronger.

...Yeah, saying, "Stop being a girl," disclaimer or not, is definitely being an *kitten*.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    There is always Zumba.

I do Zumba AND lift weights!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Is this a troll or attention thread? Those weights aren't going to jump off the bar and attack you and the meat heads in your gym aren't going to take you out back and beat you up because you can't lift as much as them. Stop being a girl (sorry to any girls that take that offensively) and lift some freaking weights. I am not very strong either, but I get stronger with each trip to the weight room.

I don't know where you got the impression that i'm scared of weights. Stop being such an @$$ hole to people on forums

I' not, I'm just trying to make you quit being whiney and to hit the weights and get some results. Crying on a forum isn't going to make you stronger.

...Yeah, saying, "Stop being a girl," disclaimer or not, is definitely being an *kitten*.

Ok. You gonna cry with him?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    wouldn't say i'm tired of it... perhaps a bit bored tho.

more accurate to say that i've found other forms of resistance training that i'm simply more into right now.

i've never been 'working out' and completely abandoned free weight training, just seem to go hand in hand.

most of what i've got came from the work i did with free weights in highschool. then its just been a cycle of re-gaining and losing lol.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You stated that you've lost interes in lifting so i dont see the point of this thread to try and change your mind! Me I have no problem with the gym rats giving me the eye for not lifting as much as them, there problem not mine.

Forever lifting, or untill im dead, then maybe just maybe i might stop!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm trying to see if there are other people I'm the same situation. I still lift, I just feel like I don't get anything from it
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Ok. You gonna cry with him?

:yawn:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Never! You should run and lift at the same time. Both are super awesome and would make you very well rounded.

I was just running for awhile and have gotten bored with it even though I genuinely enjoy it. Lifting is something I've always been intimidated by but always love doing or think is very cool. I signed up for a great gym and hope to get in there 5 days week to really get my butt in gear. :)
  • sixibabey
    sixibabey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    u wont get jacked running :noway:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have to contribute to this thread is that "weightlifting" refers to the Olympic sport (the kind with cleans, jerks, and snatches). What you've been doing, OP, probably isn't weightlifting, so you cannot be tired of it.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    u wont get jacked running :noway:

Never said I wanted to be jacked
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Well I guess ill stick to running. So thanks for all the trolls on this thread
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Go watch some arnold on you tube that will motivate you lol
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached that point yet...sounds like you're burnt out doing the same routines. Some changes in your workout program might be helpful.

8488541.png
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    fark the haters

get on a good program for your level and be consistent with it. If you haven't been actually following anything then how can you expect to improve? I believe Berkhan calls it Fu(karounditus :laugh:

Do a comp of some sort. I do powerlifting and it is VERY motivating when you know you have a deadline to make some new maxes by. Also, strongman comps are awesome fun.
  • thekyleo
    Options
    fark the haters

get on a good program for your level and be consistent with it. If you haven't been actually following anything then how can you expect to improve? I believe Berkhan calls it Fu(karounditus :laugh:

Do a comp of some sort. I do powerlifting and it is VERY motivating when you know you have a deadline to make some new maxes by. Also, strongman comps are awesome fun.

I have no idea where to get anything. I tried a muscle and fitness program, but i just stopped tracking my weights because the numbers kept going down. So i'll stop all together and get laughed at and just run and become "skinny fat"
This discussion has been closed.