Does milk count as water?

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Oh, now it's on. It's POP.

NOW LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEE!

You know Brower, I respect you and tend to agree with you, but NOT here. It's soda, clearly.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    /headdesk.
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Does it mean your hydrated when you get a burning sensation when you pee?

Umm, woops, we may need to talk.....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

You know Brower, I respect you and tend to agree with you, but NOT here. It's soda, clearly.

If you could see me right now, you'd see my angry face. You don't want to see my angry face, Otter.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i'm out...

tumblr_inline_mnkfh3Nejt1qz4rgp.gif

...to get some milk.

hEC178E5F

ETA:

dwight-schrute-meme-generator-do-i-call-it-pop-or-soda-neither-it-s-a-carbonated-beverage-c77a67.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Oh, and would someone please post the Mayo Clinic caffeine study, please??? The myth that will never die...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

As long as you don't over consume (more than 500 - 600mg of caffeine) you can also count your sodas, coffees and teas.

Bolded for emphasis since it is possible with certain high caffeine content coffees in large quantities.

Thank you!

What on earth are you getting worked up over? :huh:

What on earth are you getting worked up over? :wink:

You, baby. :blushing:
  • Otterluv
    Options

If you could see me right now, you'd see my angry face. You don't want to see my angry face, Otter.

YV2G6YZ.jpg
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

You're both incorrect. It's coke no matter what you're drinking. "Hey, want to go get a coke?" which of course could mean Pepsi, Dr Pepper, or any variety of soft drinks.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

YV2G6YZ.jpg

And you've successfully melted my angry face.

*grumbles quietly* It's still pop despite what you and my husband have to say on the subject.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It does matter. 8 diet cokes do not equal 8 glasses of water. Ever.

Slippery slope...just sayin.

True, since a can of diet coke is 12 oz... 8 cans would be more like 12 glasses of water :)

I don't believe I specified 8 cans of diet coke...did I? :P

This thread has devolved into nonsense. Juice? Instead of water? Please. And regarding lemons, limes, cucumbers in your water. Acidity is good for your gut and your ph. Lemons have a cleansing effect and are good for your liver. They ENHANCE the water - not detract from it. And if they don't enhance it, they certainly are "neutral" in terms of nutrition.

By all means, drink pop, juice, milk instead of water. And get back to me on how much weight you are losing.

9 pounds since May 7th, thanks for asking.

25 lbs so far. (ticker's a liar TOM got to it) Drinking water, juices, gatorade, protein shakes, decaf, decaf teas, and soda's and logging them all as water. haven't died yet. by the way it's SODA, not "pop" lol. It's not an ice cream popsicle, oh but actually that gives me an idea I will log those as water too. Since they are just frozen juice. Suck on my pop.)

km6Fb.gif

Soda, soda, la la la, soda!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Milk counts more toward my protein intake than my water intake. I don't understand why you would even consider it water- it's more a food than "water"

water is water.

I can count towards both, just like my eggs count toward my protein and fat intake for the day.

^^^ QFT

Also, I always wonder when these threads come up, and I believe it was mentioned in the last one:
    What do people think happens when they drink water with their meal? Does it somehow go into a separate "water only" compartment so that it won't mix with anything else?

So, what in the world is the difference between eating a lemon sprinkled with sugar while drinking water or squeezing the lemon in the water (lemonade)?

^^^^this this this this
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Do cookies count as water? I hope so. Then cookies and milk would count as TWO waters.

There is milk IN cookies so..... I say YES!! Lol
    I only log water as water, milk I log under a meal or snack.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    milk-was-a-bad-choice-o.gif
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It does matter. 8 diet cokes do not equal 8 glasses of water. Ever.

Slippery slope...just sayin.

Well, at that point the caffeine may have the diuretic affect, so you might be technically correct on this one.

Caffeine isn't a diuretic. Alcohol is, and alcoholic beverages shouldn't be counted as water.

Caffeine in large doses is a diuretic, unless I misunderstood the Mayo Clinic study.

Only in people who are not habituated to caffeine, who have a large dose, which doesn't apply to people who have coffee, tea or cola every day.
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-277X.2003.00477.x/abstract;jsessionid=25A65C7A1CB21846141990573E1CB501.d03t01?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Just to finish this up...it's pop. Everyone knows that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

You're both incorrect. It's coke no matter what you're drinking. "Hey, want to go get a coke?" which of course could mean Pepsi, Dr Pepper, or any variety of soft drinks.

But NOT 7up or sprite or ginger ale!!!! Hence the term SODA! Soda soda 3 cheers for soda!:drinker:

It all has soda in it. Non of those things has any kind of pop in it. Not a lollipop, not a popsicle, not an otterpop. LMFAO!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

dwight-schrute-meme-generator-do-i-call-it-pop-or-soda-neither-it-s-a-carbonated-beverage-c77a67.jpg

^^^ this
  • PcShed
    PcShed Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Seriously, come on! Your body needs water like you need air. You can survive for days without food but try going without water for 2 and you will see the response your body will give you. I consume 8-10 litres of water a day which is about 40 glasses. That might seems a lot but consider this: its better to have a hydrated body and dehydrated especially when training fasted after 20 hour fast.
    I stopped drinking milk 12 years ago, do some research on milk and you will understand why especially any milk from the US, UK hence why I supplement my nutrition with calcium.
    Cheers
    Sergio
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Do cookies count as water? I hope so. Then cookies and milk would count as TWO waters.

There is milk IN cookies so..... I say YES!! Lol
    I only log water as water, milk I log under a meal or snack.

We produce water as one of the products of glucose combustion, so sure, cookies end up providing some water.