Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Options

Replies

• kes840
    kes840 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A massage therapist once recommended adding 1/2 gallon of ACV to a hot bath, which I tried. It made my skin feel nice but my kids wouldn't shut up about the smell for months!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    kes840 wrote: »
    A massage therapist once recommended adding 1/2 gallon of ACV to a hot bath, which I tried. It made my skin feel nice but my kids wouldn't shut up about the smell for months!

LOL you are only supposed to use a cup. For a hair rinse, use a cup in a gallon of water. It still smells, though, which is why I use citric acid instead.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Not woo, just common knowledge. Apple cider vinegar was the topic and I responded accordingly with my opinion based on FACT. It is known to deter parasites. It is also widely used to deter them.
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    This is actually really good for me. I agree with your sister and it helping alkalinity(not sure if that is even a word) of the water. It also kills invasive parasites which let's face it are a huge problem in relation to weight loss and these are the exact measurement U read to drink in water every day to deter parasites like worms surviving in body(they can live in brain too) worms and all kinds parasites survive on sugary acidic conditions. Look into it. Thanks for reminding me I am picking some up today-I use it on my hair too

This section of the forum is where we debate the science of nutrition, not spread woo about parasites, alkalinity and such. If you have some scientific links pointing to invasive parasites and how they affect weight loss (lol), I'm sure everybody would be all ears.

I think in the last few days I've seen you post about using a special ph diet to influence the alkalinity in your body to lose weight, a water detox, and using ACV to get rid of parasites. However, on an IIFYM thread you thought tracking macros would complicate the weight loss process. Right? Have you spent any time reading the stickied Most Helpful posts at the top of the various forum sections? I really think the information in there could help you separate the fact from the woo when it comes to weight loss.

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Not woo, just common knowledge. Apple cider vinegar was the topic and I responded accordingly with my opinion based on FACT. It is known to deter parasites. It is also widely used to deter them.
    This is actually really good for me. I agree with your sister and it helping alkalinity(not sure if that is even a word) of the water. It also kills invasive parasites which let's face it are a huge problem in relation to weight loss and these are the exact measurement U read to drink in water every day to deter parasites like worms surviving in body(they can live in brain too) worms and all kinds parasites survive on sugary acidic conditions. Look into it. Thanks for reminding me I am picking some up today-I use it on my hair too

This section of the forum is where we debate the science of nutrition, not spread woo about parasites, alkalinity and such. If you have some scientific links pointing to invasive parasites and how they affect weight loss (lol), I'm sure everybody would be all ears.

I think in the last few days I've seen you post about using a special ph diet to influence the alkalinity in your body to lose weight, a water detox, and using ACV to get rid of parasites. However, on an IIFYM thread you thought tracking macros would complicate the weight loss process. Right? Have you spent any time reading the stickied Most Helpful posts at the top of the various forum sections? I really think the information in there could help you separate the fact from the woo when it comes to weight loss.

Admittedly, Magic IS easier than tracking macros. I'm just looking forward to the spark of insight wherein the purveyors of woo realize hey...outhouse...tapeworms...malnutrition...WEIGHT LOSS!!!! Oh wait, no, that is already a thing, my bad: http://www.medicinenet.com/eating_tapeworms_for_weight_loss/views.htm

Apparently there are plenty of studies showing the connection with tapeworm and weight loss, while there are next to zero demonstrating ACV causes weight loss. In the meantime is there some mental ACV I can use to cleanse my mind of the brain parasite image?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Admittedly, Magic IS easier than tracking macros. I'm just looking forward to the spark of insight wherein the purveyors of woo realize hey...outhouse...tapeworms...malnutrition...WEIGHT LOSS!!!! Oh wait, no, that is already a thing, my bad: http://www.medicinenet.com/eating_tapeworms_for_weight_loss/views.htm

Apparently there are plenty of studies showing the connection with tapeworm and weight loss, while there are next to zero demonstrating ACV causes weight loss. In the meantime is there some mental ACV I can use to cleanse my mind of the brain parasite image?

To be fair (actually excessively kind considering woo is woo) there is research into using hookworm and other parasites for autoimmune diseases.
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

To be fair (actually excessively kind considering woo is woo) there is research into using hookworm and other parasites for autoimmune diseases.

Well, and leeches are all the rage for necrotizing tissue, straight from the 932 AD edition of the PDR...so there you have it. {shudder}
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I'm having sci-fi plot line thoughts now...
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Well, and leeches are all the rage for necrotizing tissue, straight from the 932 AD edition of the PDR...so there you have it. {shudder}

I thought that it was maggots for necrotic tissue.
  • Alatariel75
    edited February 2016
    Options

Maggots are still medicinally used in some cases. Properly raised maggots are very sterile and good at removing necrotic tissue while leaving healthy tissue alone. Handy for diabetic ulcers.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes maggots for flesh eating and leeches for blood letting
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    How did this thread take such an ugly turn from marinade and salad dressing recipes to blood letting parasites and maggots?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yup they still use leeches too
  • queenliz99
    Options
    How did this thread take such an ugly turn from marinade and salad dressing recipes to blood letting parasites and maggots?

Cuz parasites, full circle 360 not 180
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

And I thought we weren't supposed to talk about politics.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

And I thought we weren't supposed to talk about politics.

“Poli” a Latin word meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".” ― Robin Williams.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    y1krdc1s2ax1.jpeg

Lol funny you should mention leeches.......one just fell off my leg!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Pour some ACV on it.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Burn!!
  • French_Peasant
    Options

You are right. They are. Me no can talk pretty right now. Leeches are for clotting but I can't think of the medical term. Now I have to do the mind cleanse with the maggots as well.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nah I just let it fall off, was in the truck when I found it. Usually put a bit of salt on them but didn't have any. We get lots of them here
This discussion has been closed.