4min plank

Options

Replies

• squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just tried. I really thought I could do at least 3 minutes as I do planks everyday but never actually timed them. Only a minute! I'm shocked so I will work on this challenge. Thank you for it!
  • Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 0:20- 0:20
    I'm going to do day two in the evening.
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Keep it up - great results can be achieved! Last summer I took on a plank challenge: 30 secs. to 5 minutes in 30 days. I got to 4:30 min. by the end of 30 days...took me another 3 months to break the 5 min. mark. :-) But the change in my upper body was significant. My muscle definition and tone improved so much that you could see the changes through my clothes, especially arms and shoulders. And this was the only upper body exercise I did at the time.

You've inspired me to start a new fitness challenge. Thanks!
  • squeekecho262
    squeekecho262 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and regularly do a 2 min plank.

That's so great!!! I hope to be able to do that!

Day 2! 0.20 : 0.20!!

• CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Day 2: 0.20: 0.20
  • CassidyScaglione
    Options
    Good morning everybody! Hope you all are staying motivated! Otherwise when I make it to the four minutes mark... I'm gonna have to make fun of you! ( inbetween gasping for air and clutching my sides in agony)

Just a reminder that anyone one day three will be moving up to a 30 second plank today! Good luck!
  • nmannette575
    nmannette575 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning. .. wow!!! Day 3... :40 sec done... and we were suppose to do 30? Lol.. well darn it... lol.. oh well.. proud of me... I'm happy I got into this challenge. .. keep up the great work and thank you for the motivation. ..
  • idupack
    idupack Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody! Hope you all are staying motivated! Otherwise when I make it to the four minutes mark... I'm gonna have to make fun of you! ( inbetween gasping for air and clutching my sides in agony)

Just a reminder that anyone one day three will be moving up to a 30 second plank today! Good luck!

@CassidyScaglione Too Funny! Good Luck to everyone on Day 3!

Day 3: 0:30 - 0:30
  • squeekecho262
    Options
    Afternoon peeps! I'm already feeling it in the back of my arms and the side of my ribs area!
    Day 3 0.30 : 0.30 !!!
  • nmannette575
    Options
    Ok.. I'll admit.. I'm a newbie at MFP.. but I have to ask.. when you guys say. "Day 1 0.20 : 0.20" why put the "0.20" twice? I'm sorry, I just got confused.

Great job so far!!!
  • idupack
    Options
    @nmannette575 So I'm new to using the community section of MFP as this was my first challenge and I also started another recently, but I was doing it based on this comment:
    I'll give it a go by your 28 day one!
    Start today?
    Post each day if u can get on and write day and time aiming for, and time made (if u got to the time or falling before it) so e.g.
    Day 1 : 0.30m : 0.26m
    Day 15 : 1.25m : 1.25m
    ? Or do u have an idea?!

It's just to show what day your on (in case we are not all on the same day), the goal for that day & then what your actual finish time was. Maybe you didn't hit the goal for the day, or maybe you went over. It's more-or-less a way to log your progress.

- This is all opinion btw, so take it however you will. I didn't actual start the challenge so I can't say for sure.
  • nmannette575
    Options
    idupack wrote: »
    @nmannette575 So I'm new to using the community section of MFP as this was my first challenge and I also started another recently, but I was doing it based on this comment:
    I'll give it a go by your 28 day one!
    Start today?
    Post each day if u can get on and write day and time aiming for, and time made (if u got to the time or falling before it) so e.g.
    Day 1 : 0.30m : 0.26m
    Day 15 : 1.25m : 1.25m
    ? Or do u have an idea?!

It's just to show what day your on (in case we are not all on the same day), the goal for that day & then what your actual finish time was. Maybe you didn't hit the goal for the day, or maybe you went over. It's more-or-less a way to log your progress.

- This is all opinion btw, so take it however you will. I didn't actual start the challenge so I can't say for sure.

Ooh ok I get it.. thank you :)
  • jacquibance
    jacquibance Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow Cassidy you inspired me after reading all your posts yesterday I went and broke my 2 min barrier that I've been stuck on for ages I'm now at 2.30min two days running. I can't imagine getting past this it killed but I didn't think I'd get to 2 min oh well onwards and upwards hopefully I will be able to surpass this at some point. At the moment just happy reading your posts. Go guys you're going to kill it
  • nmannette575
    Options
    Day 4 .40 : .40 ..... :smile: : I'm not really smiling... lol.. but I did it... so are we all following the same link as mentioned in beginning post?
  • idupack
    Options
    Day 4: 0:30 - 0:30

Keep up the great work everyone & congrats! @jacquibance
  • squeekecho262
    edited February 2016
    Options
    tjz9jnure0d1.png
    using this that was posted above!
  • CassidyScaglione
    Options
    Had a horrible day yesterday! At school for most of the day, and fell asleep when i got home. lol. no planks for me... back on track today...

Day 3: 0.30: 0.00 :(
    Day 4 0.30: 2x 0.30! take that university! and sleep!
  • CassidyScaglione
    Options
    wow Cassidy you inspired me after reading all your posts yesterday I went and broke my 2 min barrier that I've been stuck on for ages I'm now at 2.30min two days running. I can't imagine getting past this it killed but I didn't think I'd get to 2 min oh well onwards and upwards hopefully I will be able to surpass this at some point. At the moment just happy reading your posts. Go guys you're going to kill it

great job! hopefully we will all catch up to you! lol.
  • nmannette575
    Options
    tjz9jnure0d1.png
    using this that was posted above!

I don't know why I keep doing :40 .. lol.. I'll be extra ready for tomorrow's :40.. lol... thank you
  • poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    just saw this post and am new to MFP and would like to do this challenge.

Day 1 - 0.20 : 0.20