WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Kirby wanted to show me something in the garage, a problem with my brakes. He said he brought it back from the bike shop. What he showed me was a new bike instead! The newest member of the family, I will consider this an early birthday gift. I know have hydraulic disc breaks like him. Like it's still at the shop getting tuned up so I can sell it
    b3bbfi9leabu.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    DJ - boy, I sure hope you can get someone to install that part! $2,000 is a lot of money. Oh, yes, having a house means expenses at every turn. But I wouldn't trade my house for an apt any day of the week. Great suggestion about checking the local community college!

Larisa - I must say, I was so very glad when my period stopped. Of course, now there are other things. I swear, I get rolls of flab where there never were some before and the weight seems to take freaking forever to come off. A friend of mine had her hips resurfaced and she's very happy with the results

CSSJ - how scary not being able to stop! Glad you are safe

barbie - sounds like your class really gave you a great party. I'm pretty private about my birthday. To me, it's no big deal, just another day in the calendar. So the gals I play mahjongg with on Monday decided to "give" me a birthday. Last year instead of a cake or something like that, they gave me a bag of clementines. That was so sweet and I used them for days afterwards. Happy birthday!

Becca - get better fast

pip - beautiful bike. Use it in good health.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Pip, congrats on the new bike...it's important that you have something that is extra safe...and you deserve the best :)
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mary - I'm sorry to hear about your diagnoses. I see a naturopathic MD, and she has been absolutely perfect for me. I've also see the homeopathic MD in her office, but I prefer my naturopath.

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Kristan
  • Sheretaw
    Sheretaw Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello Ladies. Can I join? I turned 50 in Sept and could stand to loose about 35 more lbs. I want out 5 days a week now and eat pretty healthy.

Do you all post your workouts and food issues here or is this more social?
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Happy Birthday! Very inspiring that you were able to celebrate yet still stick with your food plan.

Mary - Hope you feel better soon!

Kate in AL
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hi there, everyone! It started out chilly this morning but got so nice outside that we took the dogs out to the nature park to walk tonight.

At the studio today I finally got my compressor all hooked up, all the fittings properly installed, and did the break-in procedure. At one point i noticed that I didnt have one of the regulators open all the way and so it built up pressure when it wasnt supposed to. I clicked the fitting open and thought I had been shot in the chest! All the pressure suddenly shot out from a place I didnt expect. So, I nearly had a heart attack. But it turned out ok. I tested the system by spraying a little bit of glaze, and it seems to work just fine. So, I'm pretty happy with it. It's still awfully noisy though, even being in the next room. Gotra remember to take some ear plugs up there.

I hope you all had a fantastic day.

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day Celebrating!

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Anaplasmosis is a different disease also from a wood tick. It affects my blood, heart and liver. Hopefully it will be all over in 5 months. I am very optimistic!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie hope you have enjoyed the day.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    <3Mary, sorry to hear about the severity of your diagnosis, but happy to hear that it explains your symptoms and is treatable...you have done some amazing exercise even with terrible symptoms.

<3Lisa, sorry to hear that arthritis has been such a problem for you.

<3Heather, yes, I still have the pain and tingling and numbness in my legs....after all the tests, there is still no explanation for it....the pain is reasonably well managed with medication and I'm able to do most of what I want to do.

:) Today is my birthday...I thought I had kept the date private, but today my line dance class set up a celebration at the break in the class. They sang "Happy Birthday" to me and had a table with treats and a gift set up. The person who organized the event knows me well enough to know that I don't eat recreational sugar so the treats were a veggie and dip tray and small pieces of french bread with hummus and a cucumber slice. They also gave me a daisy plant to plant in my yard and a gift certificate for $100.00 for my second favorite Chinese restaurant.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

Happy Birthday. It sounds like it is a terrific day. I hope this bodes well for the year to follow.
    CJ
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Larissa I love birdies. I have overgrown rhodies because the birds make nests in them and I don't have the heart to trim them back and take away their home. At other times, I feel that I am planting veggies just for the critters. They always eat just as I am ready to pick. This fall, I went out to pick Brussels sprouts and they had been stripped overnight.
    CJ
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Meg – thanks for the invit…. Not this july, but ….. I would really love to see one! Or dozens!!!!

Yvonne – thanks for understanding that stuff is not always a reflection on now…. I’m a home owner that today’s situation would never have you believing that I could be a home owner.

Barbie – happy you stuck up for yourself, and that you are in love with the new car.

Michele – I wonder if you could take the bus/taxi/lift or find a friend to at least take you to one of the places, then you could call vince and he could pick you up and you could go from there.

Dr.Katie – I got the same letter (I also drive a CRV) and just showed up at the dealer and 15 minutes later drove away all done! I figured I would just get an appointment … but it’s done.

Cheri – sending good thoughts for DH’s interviews

Pip – wow!!! Kirby is amazing and a new bike! What a gem he is.

Heather – great pic, and I am glad DH is having a good time with the grands – bucket pic is adorable!!!

Carol - (((((((HUGS))))))))))) I think there is one answer to this mess and it is resign. I am not sure you can, but if you can – no 2 weeks notice, no training, just out of there! “take this job and shove it”

Sylvia – will you adopt me?

Chris – your description of Date 1 made me laugh

Lisa – tears running down my cheeks.

Mary - sending good thoughts – I googled Anaplasmosis and that is scary! So glad you are getting medical help. Do you know when you got the tick bite?

Cssj09 – my yard is a NWF certified wildlife habitat too…. I love it.

Barbie - Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so wonderful that the planners knew what your choices would be for a snack!

So now I am caught up – but so tired that I need to get to bed and it’s just 8:26 – but I was out the door at 5:30, and did 5 hours of gardening today….

Kim from N. California
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Fanny – My sister had acupuncture when she had back problems and swore by it. She cracked some vertebra in her back and that gave her relief. She was not going to have back surgery or be on pain meds for the rest of her life. She did this ‘jumping on a trampoline’. About 6 weeks ago, she had her foot up on her bed to tie her running shoes; and fell straight back. Her friend tried to get her up and she told him, ‘NO, don’t move me, call the ambulance’! Got to the ER and she had a disk that ruptured; she said they put something in it that they referred to as ‘cement’. They got it off from pressing on any nerves and then shot this stuff into it. She feels much better.

Nccarolb – This last week was college Spring Break and they had been having a lot of problems with drinking, girls passing out (getting raped) … nobody coming to their aid; this year they made it well-known that this would NOT what the beach was going to be known for. They have big paddy wagons, and cells on the beach. This upcoming week is Spring Break for HS. My husband chaperoned our boys and some of their friends a couple of years and then I got sucked into chaperoning for the girls. The boys minded him; the girls did anything but, for me. The next year they wanted me to stay again and I told them, ‘when HELL freezes over’. It was wall-to-wall girls in sleeping bags and on blankets. We’d take their keys away from them and not allow them use of their cars. They were supposed to check in with us every hour. They still found ways of buying or getting beer and liquor. I was never allowed to go to the beach by myself or with friends. I did go once to Jax Bch, FL by myself; but, I had to stay at the same motel where we always stayed for vacation … so the owners were basically my chaparones. I was allowed to date the lifeguards, but, not just someone I met on the beach. The head lifeguard was in his 30’s (at least) and they had ‘curfews’, too.

Heather – Just don’t throw the baby out with the wash water.

Michele – Looks like I will be baking a pecan cream cheese pie this weekend

Heather – Just don’t throw the baby out with the wash water.

Michele – Looks like I will be baking a pecan cream cheese pie this weekend.

I HAD the BEST day EVER!!!!! my DMGD brought in a note and I read it, she then told me to write my answer of the back of it; so I did and out they go I figured she had forgotten to give it to me. It read: "If you had one Easter wish what would it be? Answer the question before you see me!" So I wrote on the back: that I want my sons, DnLs, grandchildren to be safe and happy. Shorty after that the bell rang and there was enough balloons that I 'thought' OMG, I had actually won the Publisher's Clearing House prize. A voice came from behind the balloons and asked me what I saw ... told her that I saw a big bunch of balloons. I actually through it was their sister. Told to ask again and I said a purple hoodie; so she let the balloons rise up and when I saw her I came out of the door onto thee deck and screamed and gave her a huge hug and then saw DnL#2 filming in it. I then turned my head to the end of the driveway and knew they all had come home. DYS walked over to DOS's house and he was on the phone and looked out of the window and saw DYS crossing the yard, he thought "Oh $#*T - is this real?"

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sheretaw wrote: »
    Hello Ladies. Can I join? I turned 50 in Sept and could stand to loose about 35 more lbs. I want out 5 days a week now and eat pretty healthy.

Do you all post your workouts and food issues here or is this more social?

Welcome, we would love to have you join us. We are a group of supportive, encouraging ladies. We usually list our monthly goals at the first of each month and then report on our progress at the end of the month/beginning of the new month. Some do post their workouts, we have some truly amazing ladies. We discuss our healthy lifestyles, ask for help and/or suggestions and we are a very social group also, ALL rolled into one. Stop by often, tell us a little about yourself, where you are from, etc. Again, welcome.

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    AAWWW, Lenora, that is so sweet. You raised those boys right!!!! Sorry you had a bad experience with being chaperone for the girls. I did that once. The youth group was going to kings Island, a large amusement park in southern Ohio. It took an overnight stay at a church retreat. Boys stayed in one room and girls in another. I don't think the girls liked me either. I snored so loud they couldn't get any sleep!!!! So next time when I went, I made sure there were enough women as chaperones to stay with them and I took a cabin. That was the year my 'D'H said he would go with me. I know his history of amusement parks. hates the rides, wants to see as much of the indoor shows he can see and will find as many trees as he can to stand under. That is the complete opposite of me at an amusement park. All the roller coasters whether they are upside down, crossways or what. Plus I go an all of the rides in the water park. So I told 'D'H if he wanted to go that he should be prepared to be by himself since I was going with the rest of the group. He went knowing that. But as soon as we got there, the other adults and I were getting ready to go off and he called me back asking what I was doing. I reminded him of the arrangements. I still don't know what he did all day by himself.

Speaking of less than 'perfect' preachers, in my last church, the one I had been to for so so many years of my life, I had a fantastic preacher. Or so I thought. Rumors started going around and one of my friends wanted to 'talk' to me about him. I just told her that when I listen to him on Sunday mornings that I wanted to be able to concentrate on what he was saying and not the latest allegation. He eventually resigned and by that time Charlie was influencing me to stay at home or travel on Sunday mornings and I never developed a relationship with the new pastor.

Sheretaw, We do anything we want to here. Well out of politeness we stay away from overly religious or political talk. But this forum is whatever one wants it to be. If you are more comfortable just talking about your meal plan and exercising right now and don't want to talk about yourself or be involved in any conversation, then that's what you should do. We don't push any agenda. We do like to know what you want us to call you and the general area you live in. Some go specific and some say northwest. I say Indiana. It helps us understand you more.

Going to bed with a headache, do not know what it is from.

Yesterday I did a software update on m iPad. I have done it may times with no problems. I think it was when the kids were here for Christmas that they changed the password on it. I am pretty good about writing down all passwords but i didn't write this one down. So after the update I had to sign back in using my iD and password. OOPS. I experienced terrible assistance from Apple support on line. I had my ID figured out and was trying to remember my password. Didn't sleep well, kept trying to think of the password. I got up about 4 AM and put yet another password in nd I guess I had tried just one to many because I got a notification that Apple was disabling my iPad. But it gave me a different website. So I went to that today and was able to follow the prompts and got it done all by myself! I did not want to have to text my techy son in law and have him help me.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    DH got layed off today. Things have been really difficult around here since before Christmas, and for years. >:) He's been yelling so much, thankful our exchange student is here because he would never let his true self show through in front him. This marriage is really over we just haven't ended it yet. Maybe we never will. I just can't be his anger outlet any more. Tonight he started in so I just walked away and that felt great. I'm not going to try and figure him out or help him anymore because I've had 25 yrs of marriage to this man and there ain't nothing going to change him. Nothing! It's bad when he doesn't get his own way. Over the years, 25 of them, I have tried everything, marriage councelling for years, date nights, sexy nighties, vacations, etc. but he is too controlling to change. I can't remember the last time he was pleasant to talk to. For all anyone knows this layoff could have been worrying him for months, I'll never know because the man never talks. About anything.

Thanks for listening....goodnight all.

<3 Rosie
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Rosie I guess the only thing you can do is take care of you & do what's right for you...life's too short not to
    Joyce don't you just love it when you win with or without Apples help...I have to say I've found the Genius Bar at my Apple Store at the North Shore Mall very helpful. It was a big learning experience coming from Windows based OS to IOS...now I love my iPad & IPhone.
    I'm really enjoying reading the many posts but it is overwhelming to keep up but I'm trying :):)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rosie sending you hugs, take care of you, can't change how he is, only how you react to it.Put yourself first and be good to yourself. Karen from ny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Rosie - (((((HUGS))))) <3 I'm sure putting it all down in black and white must be a help. It does help in finding out what you really think and feel. Look for support anywhere you can. :flowerforyou:

Joyce - great job on the iPhone. Technology gives me a headache! :flowerforyou:

Grits - You must be very loved! :love:

Raining here today. DH went out to buy the Saturday newspaper, but has just returned, yelling that he'd dropped his wallet and was having to go back to the shop. :ohwell: I hope he finds it! I will go down and make him a coffee for when he returns. Oooops!

Love to all. Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Morning Ladies-
    I am awake dressed and had my tea..gonna go for a walk,just not as long a one today..to much to do before we leave...
    Rosie-I know all about what your going through I have the same thing although he hadn't yelled as much lately.
    Well went outside and it's cold and windy...fed my little geese friends rest of cracked corn and mom came for a visit