WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Larisa, Laverne is a cutie!

Allison, sounds like you got quite a workout. I got tired just reading about it.

For those looking to add protein, I tried something new this morning that added 6 grams of protein to my oatmeal and was quite yummy. If is called Qia Superfood Cereal. It is chia seed, hemp, buckwheat, cranberries and almonds. 140 calories for two tablespoons. My little pie chart was almost perfectly balanced with carb, protein and fat. I ate it at 8:00, went and worked out then walked with Dave and did not get hungry. It is a little after 1:00 now, and I'm about to fix me a green smoothie for lunch.

We did circuits today, 3 rounds of 15. I used 5 lb Dumbbells for chest fly, incline reverse fly, and tricep kickbacks, 10 lb Dumbbells for hammer curls, and the lightest bar for shoulder press front and rear. I've got 10,000 steps already but will probably do another 2 miles this afternoon. Dave needs 2 miles to get to 8000 miles since he started keeping up with his walking and since this is the last day of a month he wants to get it in. I'll go with him to be supportive, and I can use the steps.

Carol, prayers for you.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite pic of son, grands, and huge dog.

wfnjybimqiq0.jpg
    dog.jpg 96.7K
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Bea with her eyes open. She is so alert now!

bfklwc9h3dmy.jpg

Good day. Visit to the playground and lots of pirate games. Kids a bit niggly on and off, (colds I think)but generally we had a happy time.

I've read and absorbed, but have not much time to comment. Love you all. <3

Heather UK
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I thought I had been good about coming here daily but I guess not! Nothing to report; keeping up with all your posts. chilly and drizzly here today. PT this afternoon; I'm switching to another place after Tuesday with my new referral. Take care, Meg
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Heather- Bea is just stunning! BEautiful eyes and that adorable little chin!
    Larisa- LaVerne is great, but I am just amazed at what you have done with your balcony space!! Are all of your pics from one season? Can I follow your facebook garden page? I bet you are the envy of your neighbors! Just FANTASTIC!!!
    Allie- Holy cow, girl! You are the busiest person I have ever seen! Yes, Tylenol. Yes, rest.
    nc Carol- prayers and good thoughts coming at you!
    Meg- hope your PT goes well, good luck at the new place.
    Pip- I am so glad you let her have it both barrels! I live in an active community and it bothers me when I see drivers not giving bikers and runners their space, or doing crazy stuff like what happened to you. Glad you are okay!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Bea has the cutest little dimple!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    kjlamore - I would have let her have it but I didn't follow her to beat her up... I would have tho
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Larisa- LaVerne is great, but I am just amazed at what you have done with your balcony space!! Are all of your pics from one season? Can I follow your facebook garden page? I bet you are the envy of your neighbors! Just FANTASTIC!!!

But of course! :smile: That's what it's for. :wink:
    All of the album "The story in pictures" is from the first year. I came home from work and gardened every. single. night, often until well after dark. I spend a heck of a lot of money on it, too :blush: ...although the gazebo and the fountain together, cost the same as my sofa, so outdoor decorating is relatively affordable :smile:
    And, I had done all the gardening at the house my ex husband and his new wife now live in, so I took the benches, chair, bird baths, etc. :tongue: They were mine. :smile:

Larisa in Seattle

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy April (almost) to everyone! March was pretty good - I kept my goals really small because that's just where my head is right now. I wanted to get the Bowflex and ski machines set up and start using them: check. I wanted to get back into meal planning: check. And I wanted to talk to the doctor about an antidepressant: on hold right now because I'm doing OK without it. (I do still intend to look for a therapist, though.)

Yesterday was an oops day... we spent the morning at the hospital waiting with my father in law while Philip's mom had knee replacement surgery, then stopped at a fast food joint for lunch on the way home. The Whatburger Chop House Cheddar Burger has 1011 calories, FWIW. No amount of planning ahead will help much with that! On the other hand, it was delicious.

I've been participating in a 21-day meditation exercise from Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra. They don't make the old sessions available for very long so if you join late like I did, you end up missing the first few. But overall it's pretty good. I've been trying to establish meditation practice and this is helpful because I can do it at my desk. (I keep typing "medication" instead of "meditation" so apparently my brain thinks I need to be medicated...)

Yesterday I finally managed to buy some mulch, dig a hole, and get the tiny Ponderosa lemon tree I've been nurturing from a seed into the ground. I hope it survives!

-Yvonne in TX
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Well this week is flying by. I decided last evening to get my hair cut. Was so tired of it and it has gotten so thin. Anyway she got a little carried away and it is short. I just keep telling myself it will grow. But is a shock when I look in the mirror. My eating has been strange the last couple days. Today going to work at getting things under control. I tell myself the important thing is not to give up. So new day, new start.

Katla--Sounds like good things are happening for you. You deserve it, enjoy.

Welcome to all the new ladies. You have come to a great place for support and freindship. Glad to have you join us.

Lenora--What a great surprise. Glad you had a good weekend. I saw that movie and loved it. I also want to see
    Gods not dead 2 that comes out tomorrow. It is my weekend to work but hoping for a movie date night.

Selena--Welcome back. I am sorry someone upset you.

Carol--I very much dislike dealing with insurance companys, about the time I think I understand what is going on they change it. Hugs!!

Cheri--Beautiful blanket. Very well done.

DJ--I love your new faucet. I have looked at those and thought about getting one.

Well up to page 87 and time to get ready for my big meeting. So take care ladies and we can do this.
    Blessings, VICKI GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I forgot to give the URL for the Oprah/Chopra series. It is: http://oprah.com/meditation
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon My Friends,

Rori, the leis are beautiful. I love the pink one because it’s so different from any I’ve seen. For college graduation, my sorority little sister’s parents sent us leis from Hawaii where they lived.

Cheri, love the sweatshirt!!!

Penny, great pictures but they make me cold.

Barbie, I love your dumbbells but admit I prefer my faucet. Lol Bet yours does you more good but I agree it’s nice to appreciate all sorts of things.

Katla, I need to renew my passport before my next cruise in December. Where in Walmart do they take the pictures? I think I also heard that some drug stores do it so might check with the CVS around the corner.

Mia, thanks for the info on a stone. I had actually looked it up, just so you know I'm really not totally lazy. (Just mostly)

Janetr, the sprayer on my new faucet is so much easier to use than my old one so I think I'll really enjoy it. I hope you get one for the motor home.

Lisa, you have done great this past year. I'm sad to say it's my first month that I gained rather than lost. Going to get serious.

Margaret, great that you got the garage door with the coded opener. They are great when you are out side on foot.

CarolNC, sending prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes and anything else I can find. We are all with you. ((((Hugs))))

Pip, I hope you feel better after your little rant and I'm glad you didn't catch her. I'm sure she'd have been sorry.

Allie, I know you were worn out after all that cleaning and sorting. The thing about a project like that is you can really see progress after a certain point. Good for you, now go soak those tired muscles.

Kay, you are doing great on your workouts and eating. I’d better watch out or some of it might just get me going in the right direction. Keep up the great work.

Carol,GA, great pic of family but that one kid sure is furry and has a long face. smiley-laughing013.gif

Heather, glad all is going well. Bea is just beautiful!!!!! OH how I want to cuddle that precious girl.

Yvonne, I just figure the meditation is better than medication for you. What do ya think? Good for you and hope you keep it up.

welcome.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

It’s been a pretty lazy day and for no particular reason. Just some days are like that. I’m caught up for the moment so going to get this posted and will see you all in April. Congrats to those that had a successful month and let's get going to those of us that didn't. Tomorrow is a new day and clean slate, thanks to Barbie. <3

Sending good thoughts for all of you and wishing you each a healthy and happy day. happy-spring-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    well my Surge says I did 33 flights of stairs today.. and got a badge that I walked as high as a redwood tree today..
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers and good vibes! My mammogram was clean!! Woohoo!!!! I almost cried with relief. I ate sort of badly for lunch but I doubt I will eat anything else today so it should all be good. (I was REALLY hungry by the time I got out of my appointments.)

Off to get more work done...

Carol in NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Pip, I got yelled out for my driving by a guy on a bike once. I will admit that it was probably about 80% my fault, but I like to think he was partly responsible, too. I needed to make a right turn at a light. He was behind me. When I stopped at the light he pulled up even with me on my right. I was going to make a right on red but the light turned green and he started through the intersection just as I turned. I came close to hitting him, but I didn't. I was aware that he was there but I had just left work and my mind was more on getting home. I guess subconsciously I was thinking he should let me go since I was there first, but really it only took a second for him to scoot on through and then I could turn. I was just thankful that I didn't hit him. I could take getting cussed at a little. I could not have handled hurting him.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    So happy everything is okay, Carol!!!
    Betty
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Thanks for the prayers and good vibes! My mammogram was clean!! Woohoo!!!!

Carol in NC

Most Excellent News!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Carol, wonderful news!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Thanks for the prayers and good vibes! My mammogram was clean!! Woohoo!!!! I almost cried with relief. I ate sort of badly for lunch but I doubt I will eat anything else today so it should all be good. (I was REALLY hungry by the time I got out of my appointments.)

Off to get more work done...

Carol in NC

Yay! Happy Days!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    DJ and Barbie simple pleasure. My new simple pleasure is having a coded garage door so easier to close when working in the yard. Goes with our new garage door we were able to have them match our trim with a baked on paint job.

:heart: Margaret
    two of my friends have coded doors and they look so great....I understand how a coded door would be a simple pleasure :)