WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks KJL... :)

And, for my 5'2" club, and all of you honorary members... thought I'd post up one of the graphic pieces I'm experimenting with. Please note, my DH walked in and said, "Yeah, like a weasel." Love that man.

ybw5legu94vx.jpg

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Love all the pictures and quotes everyone has shared. Keep them coming, please! :)
  • lcottomsvcs
    lcottomsvcs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Today is a new day! Heading out in the pouring spring rain to walk. I won't take the dogs, they hate the rain (being inside babies). It's in the 50's here and deeply overcast.
    My husband bought a robot vacuum cleaner. We named it Codsworth ( after a video game character) and it just started up. It sounds like a jet engine taking off. It is low and round, about 14 inches in diameter. Since we have hardwood floors through the house it does a great job of picking up the pet hair and such. However, it always startles me when it takes off! The only time it has caused any trouble, it got caught under a corner cabinet in the kitchen, and stayed stuck, bleeping pitifully until I could move it. The DH loves gadgets, I have to say I have enjoyed this one, it does keep the floors cleaner.

I will check the asparagus beds while I'm out, will post pics if it is coming up. We have the deep purple strain of asparagus, and the plants are so pretty!

Have a great day!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A reminder to everyone: There will be a new thread for April. I'll compose it later today and post it just before I go to bed (about 6:30 PM....PDT).....so be watching for it. I like having a new thread on the first of each month...it has the feeling of a clean slate to start anew.

13v1odtv7hxh.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    DJ and Barbie simple pleasure. My new simple pleasure is having a coded garage door so easier to close when working in the yard. Goes with our new garage door we were able to have them match our trim with a baked on paint job.

Rori thanks for sharing Lei's gorgeous.

Penny love hearing about and seeing places I will probably never get to see in person.

Cheri cute sweat shirt.

:heart: Margaret
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am headed out in a few minutes for my six month oncology appointment. This one always makes me terrified. I'd appreciate all the prayers/good vibes you can send my way that 1) there will be no new/changed growths and 2) I maintain a positive outlook no matter what test results may show.

Thanks!

Carol in NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Carol ... Praying right now!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you, Carol... breathe!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sweet, Carol, praying for you. God is Bigger. You've got this.

Janetr okc
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good vibes, etc. going out to you Carol!!!
    Betty
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lenora’s list of things your mother taught you reminds me of the time I had graduated from college and had my first place. Mom sent me a box of stuff she had saved. In it was a notebook that I wrote in when I was 11 or 12 with things I would never say to my own children. One of the was “Put a sweater on. I’m cold.” I read through my list and realized that I would probably say/do many of the same things so I threw the notebook away. How I wish now that I had kept it.

DJ – I adore that faucet. Nope, not cuddly at all but it is sleek with no ridges to trap hard water deposits. Easier to keep clean than my faucet.

Penny – You wrote “but the older I get the more I realize how little young people truly understand.” Amen sister mine. A M E N. I used to give my father grief about taking off his glasses to look more closely at something. Every time I catch myself doing it now I send Dad a silent apology for not understanding how the eyes can age to the point where the glasses can make close up work more blurry. I also laughed at Mom when at the ripe old age of 55 she stated that she thought of herself as 25 and found it hard to realize she was getting old. Well, now I laugh at the thought that 55 is old, but I understand forgetting your real age and thinking of yourself as being much younger than you actually are.

Cherri – I never thought of YouTube for crocheting lessons. Seems obvious now that you pointed it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh Rori – those leis are so beautiful! They take my breath away. Thanks for sharing.

Mia in MI
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

janetr - u crack me up with your wind comments lololol

katla - yeah, i'm not talking about on a sailboat... i NEVER have a tailwind when i ride.

cutie weights barbiecat, use them in good health

lagapus - beautiful pics!

nccarolb - thinking of you.

rode home yesterday and I almost hit someone. she decided I wasn't going fast enough for her so she went in front of me and turned in front of me. she couldn't wait until I passed the street she wanted to turn at. my mouth is worse than any trucker I've ever known and just imagine me on the road after that happened, I was using every word in that vocabulary and wanted to stop and follow her and if I caught up with her, drag her out of the car and beat the living crap out of her THEN tell her what the hell was she thinking.

ok... I'm done... carry on.... type to ya later.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    looks like another nice day, gonna ride home again
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcq-PwYj3TE
    about quick release for bike trainer. you tube is your friend. our trainer has one
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Here's a really good video for teaching, but also for doing a solid kettlebell swing.

Excellent video. I am grateful to my trainer for stressing position and safety. Five years with him and no injuries. I went to a chain fitness club years ago and got free training sessions for signing up. Second session I was injured because there was no real instruction or safety addressed. Body position is a must!
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Okay, I cannot resist sharing one more view of my fountain. This is LaVerne. She's a grandma...and sassy! <3
    https://www.facebook.com/TheBalconeh/photos/a.175741429283660.1073741830.174130032778133/175743129283490/?type=1&theater
    Larisa in Seattle
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    I am grateful to my trainer for stressing position and safety. Five years with him and no injuries. I went to a chain fitness club years ago and got free training sessions for signing up. Second session I was injured because there was no real instruction or safety addressed. Body position is a must!

YESS people question why I work with a trainer after 34 years as a gym rat. Well, because 1) I'm still in injury recovery, and I tend to push too hard, without supervision; and 2) I don't study this stuff for a living, but my trainer does, and he teaches me new things all the time; and 3) because even trainers need trainers...just ask 'em (a good one, anyway). :smile:
    I'm sorry you got hurt though. :disappointed:

Larisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    hello all~
    well This ol girl can barely move :open_mouth my hips hurt, my feet hurt, everything hurts... 4 hours of cleaning and boxing and throwing stuff out.. and I only made but a small dent... filled my dad's garbage can all the way up... between my mom and my brother there were 5 bookcases full of books in the room, boxed 4 of the bookcases up.then went through 1 dresser , found alot of old stuff... dad and I did that.. have a couple of boxes of things that could be valuable and other stuff I filled garbage bags with, I moved the darn little box that my son never cleans that was in the bedroom that my daughter will be in and there was cat poop everywhere grrrrrr. cleaned that all up and took the litter box down cellar, found the cat and showed her where it was.
    I swept and cleaned and now have to throw the laundry in the dryer..
    My dad was thrilled to have me get this done... and will be spending the day Sunday working on more..
    I have 3 boxes of latch hook yarn, going to donate to either senior center , or the nursing home..
    going to go take some tylenol...
  • pipcd34
    Options