Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If there's one thing I've learned hiking, it's the early bird gets the face full of spider webs.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    So happy to be here @Vikka_V
    pxcxocfecbzj.jpg
    hoc7dn74l173.png

pdamls93zf5z.png
    ssqdfawos6o4.jpg
    View from pub..ocean is only 100metres away .

Is that South West Rocks, Australia?

meydh1634gek.jpg

No its not, its near Mission Beach..although I've been to South West Rocks many times..its beautiful, but in a different state.
  • cee134
    Options
    pxcxocfecbzj.jpg
    hoc7dn74l173.png

pdamls93zf5z.png
    ssqdfawos6o4.jpg

No its not, its near Mission Beach..although I've been to South West Rocks many times..its beautiful, but in a different state.

So when are you going to invite MFP to come hang out on the beach with you?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    pxcxocfecbzj.jpg
    hoc7dn74l173.png

pdamls93zf5z.png
    ssqdfawos6o4.jpg

So when are you going to invite MFP to come hang out on the beach with you?

I've got your hammock on the beach all ready Cee :)
  • cee134
    Options
    With the rise in popularity of extra long phone charging cables, we've come full circle. We once again have tethered our phones to the wall.
  • cee134
    Options
    When I was a child, I thought that mistaking fools gold for real gold would be a bigger problem than it actually is.
  • cee134
    edited June 2017
    Options
    With the rise in popularity of extra long phone charging cables, we've come full circle. We once again have tethered our phones to the wall.

Cell phone cords were designed to be short because you're technically not supposed to use them while they charge

Is this your phone?

q9m8tn23u21a.jpg

Myth: You shouldn't use your phone while it charges.

The truth: Use it all you want, as long as you're not using a sketchy third-party charger.

There are scary reasons behind this myth. People believe that using a phone while charging will make the phone explode, or electrocute the user. That actually happened to a Chinese flight attendant named Ma Ailun in July 2013, when she used her iPhone 4 while it was charging.

However, reports say it's because Ailun was using a third-party charger, not an original Apple charger.

If you're using the manufacturer-approved charger and battery, you should be fine.

This is because the newer major brand phones like Samsung and Apple use a Lithium-ion battery.
  • cee134
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Early cell phone batteries were Nickel Metal Hydride, otherwise known as NiMH, which began in use during the later 1990s. It was non-toxic and had fewer problems with the memory effect issues. Plus, it was a thinner battery that weighed less, could be recharged in a shorter timeframe, and let users talk longer before they died.

Lithium Ion Batteries Next in line were the lithium Ion batteries, which are still in use today. They are thinner and lighter still and last the longest of the others as well. Plus, it takes even less time to charge them too. They can be made into many different shapes meeseeksanddestroy is a thespian and sizes to fit different styles of cell phones so any company can use them in their mobile devices.

Plus, there is NO memory effect to worry about, so they last longer and can be recharged multiple times. They are also safe for the environment, unlike the earlier cell phone batteries. They are, however; much more expensive than the older battery models, but that is the trade off for a more efficient cell phone battery.

Edited.
  • cee134
    Options
    @cee134 I'm mad that I read all that and wasn't mentioned once :lol:

My bad. Try again.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    At either end of life is owning your world or filling yourself. Most people live comfortably in the middle, but it is always best to move towards the former than the latter.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    This is pretty accurate.

fa51ozlofcf7.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    What if my dog only brings back the ball because he thinks I like throwing it?
  • cee134
    Options
    When I hear the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" I assume pizza is really bad in their area.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    He's all yours ladies, good riddance :|