Random Thought For the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of feeling foolish because of businesses that choose to lock one of their two front doors for no apparent reason.
  • cee134
    Options
    Cell Phones killed the era where pushing your friends into the pool was cool.
  • cee134
    Options
    A group of bats should be named a batallion, rather than a colony.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm tired of feeling foolish because of businesses that choose to lock one of their two front doors for no apparent reason.

Oh man! This drives me NUTS!! I always unbolt the locked side! I used to be a locksmith, so I am familiar with most mechanisms...most don't require a key.

The problem is simply laziness. Most double doors have one door that has lever-operated deadbolts that secure to the threshold and header, and the other door deadbolts to the stationary door with a keyed lock. The opening employee unlocks the keyed door, but fails to unbolt the stationary door.

It's good to know I'm not the only one!

"Well it's out on the highway and it's on with the show
    Always telling people things they're too lazy to know
    It can make you crazy, yeah it can drive you insane
    Tell me why must I always explain..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVsUpjjOeo
  • cee134
    Options
    I wonder what it feels like for a videogame npc to give some random nobody 3 gold pieces to cut their grass and then find out like a month later that the guy went on to defeat the great evil that plagued the land.
  • cee134
    Options
    I wonder how many animals we had to ride before we discovered that horses were cool with it.
  • vikinglander
    Options
    I wonder how many animals we had to ride before we discovered that horses were cool with it.

Didn't you read the Clan of the Cave Bear series?
  • cee134
    Options

Didn't you read the Clan of the Cave Bear series?

I actually haven't.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    klbm5x0p8fe2.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    A really nerdy part of me wants all these fidget spinner to be a nefarious plot to harvest our kinetic energy to power some arrogant *kitten*'s interdimensional *kitten* car battery.

@MeeseeksAndDestroy
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I wonder if, when they film a chase scene, all the people in the "regular" cars are stunt drivers too
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Keeing it on the DL huh :D why though if it matters so much...
  • cee134
    Options
    Saying, "I'm unphotogenic" is a socially acceptable way of saying, "I think I'm more attractive than all the best available evidence suggests."
  • cee134
    Options
    Whenever I notice that I've driven behind the same car for quite some distance, I start to think that they think I'm following them.
  • cee134
    Options
    Receipts are the ghosts of money.
  • cee134
    Options
    I sometimes fantasize that "Far Side" cartoonist Gary Larson, who retired in 1995, has secretly continued drawing and is about to spring 20 years worth of material on us.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I sometimes fantasize that "Far Side" cartoonist Gary Larson, who retired in 1995, has secretly continued drawing and is about to spring 20 years worth of material on us.

I wish! Far Side was one of my favorites. That and Calvin and Hobbes were the only cartoons I religiously read.
  • vikinglander
    edited June 2017
    Options

I wish! Far Side was one of my favorites. That and Calvin and Hobbes were the only cartoons I religiously read.

I was always a Doonesbury and Bloome County fan, m'self...tho' Larson was certainly one-of-a-kind!
  • cee134
    Options
    I'll bet the guy who invented the snooze button never invented anything else.