McDonald's

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't get any ads. Where are they? I am not a premium member.

I don't either. I use Adblock.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    For people suggesting Adblock, what do you all recommend for the app?

• Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That place is absolutely freaking disgusting I would rather go to a Chinese buffet and pig out on crab legs. And really people can't make a hamburger themselves these days
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    McDonalds doesn't have any veggie burgers in the US currently AFAIK. I wish they'd bring the ones they sell in India stateside, they sound pretty good.

The sausage mcmuffin is tastier to me, but is quite a bit higher calories so at that point I'd usually rather have a small cheeseburger. I haven't had the BK veggie burgers, may try sometime. The closest BK to me is a pain to get to even though it's less than a mile...too many left turns.

Next time you pass the BK , definitely stop and try the veggie burger! It really is tasty ! They put lettuce, pickles, onions, and mayo on it . now that I'm talking about it, I want one for dinner !

No onion rings? In NZ the BK veggie burger is basically a Whopper with Cheese, but with onion rings instead of the meat. It's awesome. McD's do a salad burger (not listed on the menu so you have to know to ask for it). It's lame. The only thing it has going for it is that it uses the mayo they use in the chicken burgers. Though some restaurants will do it, some won't. Some just give you the option of getting a menu burger without the meat.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    willnorton wrote: »
    you people keep eating that mcdeath crap and when it kills you.... who cares

Dude. Guess what, we are all going to die.
    Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
    Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

chef of 10 years... dont think people realize there are for sure some iffy ethical choices being made in the kitchen... some cooks are just *kitten* and sometimes when backed up there isnt grade a by the code cleanliness going on.

I agree though this is everywhere not just McDonalds
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    willnorton wrote: »
    you people keep eating that mcdeath crap and when it kills you.... who cares

Dude. Guess what, we are all going to die.
    Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
    Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

chef of 10 years... dont think people realize there are for sure some iffy ethical choices being made in the kitchen... some cooks are just *kitten* and sometimes when backed up there isnt grade a by the code cleanliness going on.

thats called life…

some people do things the right way, others do not …so not really shocking...

exactly the point i was making...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That place is absolutely freaking disgusting I would rather go to a Chinese buffet and pig out on crab legs. And really people can't make a hamburger themselves these days

sorry, when I am on a road trip or traveling for business I don't pack my gas grill with me…

and i love how mddonalds is disgusting but crab legs from a Chinese buffet are legit…lol

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Yep, much envy. Checking NZ McD's online menu, there's naught in the way of veggie burgers or wraps listed, so perhaps they've stopped again. We do have the aforementioned Creme Egg McFlurries though, and these: https://mcdonalds.co.nz/menu/loaded-fries-guacamole-and-salsa (there's bacon and cheese too).
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Man I could tear up a Big Mac... But that's what got me here :#:o

Cadbury anything... Not for me. Hate those things!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    McDonalds doesn't have any veggie burgers in the US currently AFAIK. I wish they'd bring the ones they sell in India stateside, they sound pretty good.

The sausage mcmuffin is tastier to me, but is quite a bit higher calories so at that point I'd usually rather have a small cheeseburger. I haven't had the BK veggie burgers, may try sometime. The closest BK to me is a pain to get to even though it's less than a mile...too many left turns.

Next time you pass the BK , definitely stop and try the veggie burger! It really is tasty ! They put lettuce, pickles, onions, and mayo on it . now that I'm talking about it, I want one for dinner !

Definitely! I prefer the veggie burger to a Whopper, am I'm not even a vegetarian.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

What, you don't make your own crab legs? Slack.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

This^^. And I think Chinese buffets are vile.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

This^^. And I think Chinese buffets are vile.

Agreed. Not only for the potential kitchen practices, but the fact that a bevvy of other people got to breathe and get their grubby mitts all over the food first.

While McD's might not be the paragon of fine dining, in my experience most (not saying all, there are some shoddy operators out there) actually do stick to the strict hygiene and cleaning protocols set by head office.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Inspired by this thread, I went and got some medium fries in the drive-thru.

They use vegetable oil, right?

It's not sitting right, man. *clutches stomach*

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Free ain't free--whoever's willing to pay for me to be here, I'm good with them.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

uBlock Origin is the best I've found so far. Works well in Firefox and Chrome; maybe others too, dunno.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Not sure about anywhere else, but UK McDonald's do a passable coffee.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I used to get toilet papers ads anytime I opened a juice cleanse post. I miss those.

Ha! :p

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

uBlock Origin is the best I've found so far. Works well in Firefox and Chrome; maybe others too, dunno.
    I use that on my iMac. I meant for the MFP Android / iOS app

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    This morning's post-workout nutrition via McDonald's Egg McMuffins. I can feel the chemicals killing ma gainz . . .