McDonald's

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    willnorton wrote: »
    you people keep eating that mcdeath crap and when it kills you.... who cares

Dude. Guess what, we are all going to die.
    Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
    Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

you guys are funny …

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Read about the site on wiki. Kind of funny.

But yeah, that article is classic trolling -- let's make these perfectly fine ingredients sound scary. FoodBabe would be proud of Ms. Breyer.

I was thoroughly expecting the source to be FoodBabe.com.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

Everyone knows eating any food one did not grow and prepare means eating a lot of unknowns.
    What goes on in the food processing plants and back in the kitchen can still be a wild card.
    Exactly. I can say from my experience that there are so many things (some of which could be considered unethical) related to food preparation that can go on in a commercialized kitchen that people have no clue about.

chef of 10 years... dont think people realize there are for sure some iffy ethical choices being made in the kitchen... some cooks are just *kitten* and sometimes when backed up there isnt grade a by the code cleanliness going on.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you guys are funny …

Yes, it's two different threads under one title.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

chef of 10 years... dont think people realize there are for sure some iffy ethical choices being made in the kitchen... some cooks are just *kitten* and sometimes when backed up there isnt grade a by the code cleanliness going on.

thats called life…

some people do things the right way, others do not …so not really shocking...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

I agree though this is everywhere not just McDonalds
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Yeah. It's always odd to me that people single out fast food restaurants when it comes to unethical kitchen choices.

If you're that worried about someone spitting in your food, why would you go out to eat anywhere?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I am finding it is getting easier to eat out without major carbs than ever. The 24/7 breakfast at McDonald's is a step forward for LCHF but I am the only one that I know eating when I eat that is NOT into Carb Loading. :(

That's why I asked. I was genuinely just curious, i wasnt making a joke . I don't go to McDonalds often so didn't realize you could order breakfast meats all day. ( I don't eat meat so I guess I really never thought about it )
  • ndj1979
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Yeah. It's always odd to me that people single out fast food restaurants when it comes to unethical kitchen choices.

If you're that worried about someone spitting in your food, why would you go out to eat anywhere?

cosign …

the waiter at a five star restaurant could mess with your food and you would never know it...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thanks @diannethegeek thanks for finding the source of this train of thought what was published over 4 years ago. It is amazing how LCHF options have changed at even a place like McDonalds in the last 6 months even.

Being able to eat more or less LCHF at McDonald's is something I just learned recently when I needed LCHF options when traveling after learning of the option on MFP.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sjSqEh4tqYg

ordering McDonalds Ketogenic A La Carte Menu! in the pre real butter days.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I am finding it is getting easier to eat out without major carbs than ever. The 24/7 breakfast at McDonald's is a step forward for LCHF but I am the only one that I know eating when I eat that is NOT into Carb Loading. :(

That's why I asked. I was genuinely just curious, i wasnt making a joke . I don't go to McDonalds often so didn't realize you could order breakfast meats all day. ( I don't eat meat so I guess I really never thought about it )

I do like that you can get the Egg McMuffin all day now. 300 calories and decent macros when I'm not home and can't stop for something else.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    wet666 wrote: »
    Advertising McDonald sandwiches on MyFitnessPal!?!?!? REALLY!

what is wrong with mcdonalds...it has fat, proteins, and carbs...sub out the fries and you have a pretty decent meal when in a pinch...

What's wrong with potatoes? lol.

Nothing wrong with potatoes, its the salt content in those fries.

According to their website: A quarter pounder has about 1,100 grams of sodium. Medium fries has 180. Their salads have 700-1000 grams....

I'm not disputing what there website states, but I seem to remember a recent emissions scandal at VW (I realize they are two completely different entities) but figures can be manipulated quite easily is my point.
    I would say there nutritional info is probably a lot more accurate on foods that do not have salt added after the cooking process. I have literally watched an employee stand over the fries with the shaker, then minutes later a second employee doing the exact same. That sodium level is not measurable unfortunately as the number vary from store to store. I cant stand added salt on foods, so I'm similar I skip the fries.

So salt that you can see and taste, rather than sodium content.
    fwiw,
    I skip McDonalds altogether. :)

So because I can see it and taste it, that means it has no measurable levels? Would you log 4 teaspoons of salt on MYP if you personally added it to the fries?

and yeah fwiw,
    I've not eaten in McDonalds for a number of years. iifym then why not just not my thing.

No, just pondering why fries don't work for you, but a burger with much more sodium would.
    My husband is that way. He can eat the saltiest foods, but hates salt added to an already cooked product.

for me, macros aren't the thing, I just don't like eating junk, except for a few of my favorite treats. McDonalds (fast food) doesn't do it for me any more.

It is simply for that reason, I cant stomach the added salt. I can eat chili peppers all day but add some salt to fries and my mouth really is on fire.

If I'm being perfectly honest, the sodium content didn't cross my mind the last time ate a McDonalds burger (hungover on the way home from a booze fueled holiday) and even then it was the meat and no bun (coeliac), I simply just looked as a full cheeseburger.

Funny you say your mouth is on fire. Another poster noted that lately eating fast food fries made her mouth burn.
    Cheers

Yeah I got flamed for that too.. lol.

Which I still don't understand.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I love eggs so that makes me happy. Tim Hortons doesn't offer breakfast all day so when I am craving a fast food egg sandwich I used to go to subway
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

I do like that you can get the Egg McMuffin all day now. 300 calories and decent macros when I'm not home and can't stop for something else.

My son asks for a McDonald's breakfast sandwich sometimes, he also likes the egg and sausage muffin. I may have to take him at night and check this out :)
    I personally don't go to McDonalds often at all. I like the burger king veggie burger much better so I go there when I want fast food . I don't think McDonald's has veggie burgers ?!
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I don't think. I can't eat red meat, veggies, seeds or spices (amongst a lot of other things for medical reasons) so I don't often eat at McDonalds except for the odd mcnugget or mcmuffin. I prefer the ultimate chicken sandwich with the chicken breast (I think that's what it is called) at Wendy's.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    McDonalds doesn't have any veggie burgers in the US currently AFAIK. I wish they'd bring the ones they sell in India stateside, they sound pretty good.

The sausage mcmuffin is tastier to me, but is quite a bit higher calories so at that point I'd usually rather have a small cheeseburger. I haven't had the BK veggie burgers, may try sometime. The closest BK to me is a pain to get to even though it's less than a mile...too many left turns.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't get any ads. Where are they? I am not a premium member.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    McDonalds doesn't have any veggie burgers in the US currently AFAIK. I wish they'd bring the ones they sell in India stateside, they sound pretty good.

The sausage mcmuffin is tastier to me, but is quite a bit higher calories so at that point I'd usually rather have a small cheeseburger. I haven't had the BK veggie burgers, may try sometime. The closest BK to me is a pain to get to even though it's less than a mile...too many left turns.

Next time you pass the BK , definitely stop and try the veggie burger! It really is tasty ! They put lettuce, pickles, onions, and mayo on it . now that I'm talking about it, I want one for dinner !
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I don't think. I can't eat red meat, veggies, seeds or spices (amongst a lot of other things for medical reasons) so I don't often eat at McDonalds except for the odd mcnugget or mcmuffin. I prefer the ultimate chicken sandwich with the chicken breast (I think that's what it is called) at Wendy's.

Oh man:( sorry to hear you habe many food sensitivities. I'm sure that does make eating fast food hard. I have never tasted a chicken sandwich but my family loves them ! I knew what Wendy's sandwich you where talking about right away!
  • singingflutelady
    Options

Oh man:( sorry to hear you habe many food sensitivities. I'm sure that does make eating fast food hard. I have never tasted a chicken sandwich but my family loves them ! I knew what Wendy's sandwich you where talking about right away!

I have Crohn's disease so I can only eat stuff easy to digest basically. I mean I can eat it but I'd regret it for days :p