Why are so many excluding milk from their diet?

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Puss is gross, don't you know and cow's milk is full of it.
    yannie100 wrote: »
    Other than that, it's totally gross and not meant for human consumption.
    I always thought milk was nasty no matter the flavor

Yep this basically

I do drink almond / coconut milk with my cereal in the morning

so no cheese or ice cream? sad

Oh I do have cheese. I was eating goat cheese in my salad as I answered this post. :)

But goat's milk is free from pus. Good to know.

Or maybe the pus in goat cheese isn't gross. Much more tasty pus and good to eat. Mmmmmmm, who doesn't love the taste of goat pus?

Clearly. If it were gross, it would have two s's just like gross. Cow's milk has puss, goat's milk has pus.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Things I learned today:
    Milk isn't meant for humans to drink but apparently everything else is okay.
    Milk has pus, except it doesn't.
    Pus is only gross until you pasteurize it.

Yep. That's what I got too... I still want to know for those who won't drink milk because it's meant for baby cows, if they have eliminated butter, cheese, ice cream, etc. as well.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    chesty1 wrote: »
    Milk produced in any dairy has pus in it - google it! (pus is masked under the lingo 'somatic cells')

PETA propaganda........

• Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well I got that extremely well built talking rats are a lot more judgmental then they should be. Considering they are rats and all.

Also, goats milk has less pus because goats milk is more of a specialty product. So more care is taken with individual animals. Cows are often milked in bad conditions with infected udders on huge farms and that's where you have trouble.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    LOL this thread is funny. I'll continue enjoying my puss-filled baby cow juice shake I made. It's minty and green.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't eat things that you would typically accompany with milk, and when I do I substitute it for almond milk (I like the taste of almond milk over cow milk, and I'm also lactose intolerant).
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Well I got that extremely well built talking rats are a lot more judgmental then they should be. Considering they are rats and all.

Also, goats milk has less pus because goats milk is more of a specialty product. So more care is taken with individual animals. Cows are often milked in bad conditions with infected utters on huge farms and that's where you have trouble.

Someone earlier made a good Case for why this is not happening. Do you have anything to back that up?
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You wish you knew what cows talked about! ;)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I have heard that drinking milk leads to loss of calcium from bones leading to osteoporosis, a few times lately.

Is this even remotely true.

I realise I'm only one person but according to a dexa scan my bone density is very high which means I'm all good calcium wise right?

But I drink a lot of milk. Less lately, but growing up at a guess I would drink/eat about a litre of milk a day maybe more, just about every day, on weetbix, with milo, just straight.

Am I an anomaly where milk consumption hasn't stripped my bones of calcium or is this claim just something vegans tell their kids when they misbehave :tongue:
    Do you walk or lift for exercise? Weight bearing exercise is good for the bones.

Does being obese for most of your life count as weight lifting?

Cause no I did lift weights or run or walk heaps.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have heard that drinking milk leads to loss of calcium from bones leading to osteoporosis, a few times lately.

Is this even remotely true.

I realise I'm only one person but according to a dexa scan my bone density is very high which means I'm all good calcium wise right?

But I drink a lot of milk. Less lately, but growing up at a guess I would drink/eat about a litre of milk a day maybe more, just about every day, on weetbix, with milo, just straight.

Am I an anomaly where milk consumption hasn't stripped my bones of calcium or is this claim just something vegans tell their kids when they misbehave :tongue:
    Do you walk or lift for exercise? Weight bearing exercise is good for the bones.

Does being obese for most of your life count as weight lifting?

Cause no I did lift weights or run or walk heaps.

That helps :D
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use it in cooking or in my coffee but to drink a pint glass like I used to is too many calories for me. I would rather eat my calories in the case of milk. I do still consume dairy products like cheese and yogurt though.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    Things I learned today:

Such an odd thread.

Also goat milk is less pus than cows milk and is perfectly acceptable for humans to eat even though we are not goats.
  • balle1965
    balle1965 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Personally I like strained Greek yogurt. For me, more "nutritional bang for my buck." An 8 oz serving of 2% yogurt has over 20 grams of protein and 170 calories. I feel more satisfied eating the yogurt than drinking a glass of milk. But hey, that's just me. :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    And puss is worse than pus ;) poor *kitten* cats full of pussier pus
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I like to get my milk through cheese and ice cream.

Otherwise, I've pretty much eliminated liquid calories as they are an easy target to cut out. I also have a feeling that since I've only read page 1 that the other 6 pages are no longer about the original topic :smile:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Also, goats milk has less pus because goats milk is more of a specialty product. So more care is taken with individual animals. Cows are often milked in bad conditions with infected udders on huge farms and that's where you have trouble.

You know how I know you've never been to a dairy operation? Or know anything about the care of dairy cows?

Fun fact: You mistreat a dairy cow and they'll stop producing milk or the milk will taste off due to the stress hormones affecting the taste. Dairy cattle are routinely some of the most pampered agricultural animals. It's in the farmers best interest to take great care of those animals.

But you aren't interested in that. You saw one bit of baseless propaganda once and have been doggedly spreading the misinformation ever since.

Also, your "specialty" animals aren't being treated any better or worse. So please feel free to stop feeling special about your dairy choices.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Puss is gross, don't you know and cow's milk is full of it.
    yannie100 wrote: »
    Other than that, it's totally gross and not meant for human consumption.
    I always thought milk was nasty no matter the flavor

Yep this basically

I do drink almond / coconut milk with my cereal in the morning

so no cheese or ice cream? sad

Oh I do have cheese. I was eating goat cheese in my salad as I answered this post. :)

But goat's milk is free from pus. Good to know.

Or maybe the pus in goat cheese isn't gross. Much more tasty pus and good to eat. Mmmmmmm, who doesn't love the taste of goat pus?

Clearly. If it were gross, it would have two s's just like gross. Cow's milk has puss, goat's milk has pus.

So what you're saying is that, as an African American male, I should give goat's milk and it's pus a try, since we all know I don't eat puss?
  • Merkavar
    Options
    eytqbuheflex.jpg

I suggest you all go view the cows with guns song for some cow based puns and entertainment
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Things I learned today:

And goat pus isn't gross.