• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    ljdw99 wrote: »
    April' Goals

Hatha Yoga: 15 min. 7/wk yes upped to 20 min
    Upper body weights: 15 min 3/wk yes upped to 5/wk
    Meditation: 3/wk no ~ must schedule a definite time
    Knitting: finish scarf no too much to do in my gardens :)
    File all of my father's financial papers: yes all up to date

Have gone down a size from 1X to XLTall that wasn't a goal but I'm very happy!
    GLo on the North Shore Ma

smiley-happy026.gif--I have had meditation as one of my resolutions and, like you, had a hard time scheduling it. Recently I decided to add it to my already organized morning plan and meditate as soon as I finish my breakfast and before I walk the first dog. It helped me to attach it to a plan that was already in place. I wish you the best in finding a way to schedule meditation time for yourself.

<3 Barbie in beautiful NW Washington
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Morning. Expecting rain. They say lots of rain and issued flash flood warnings starting this evening and running through Sunday. I hope they are wrong. My ground is still saturated from the past two rains.
  • Pollance
    Pollance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Janetr Thoughts and ((((((hugs))))))) are with you and your family.
  • Pollance
    Pollance Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    GLo - congrats on the clothing size reduction!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Janetr - sending loving and supportive thoughts for all involved. <3

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -
    janetr I'm so sorry
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Very sorry Janetr. The loss of someone so young is especially tragic.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I've decided where I'm gonna put the tattoo!!! along the inside of one of my calves
  • Lagopus
    Options
    Pip – Life size? Placed in a position that would be natural if you had stepped in ink then placed your monkey-foot on your calf? If so, that makes perfect sense!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    247mama welcome, you sweet young thing!

Re coloring hair, I think when I reach my goal weight and/or when I turn 65, I'm going to work on letting the color go. I do roots every 5 weeks and highlights every 10. It gets expensive. I want a really short spiky cut to transition, but my face is still too round for it to be attractive, I think.

Janetr, I am so sorry. There's just been too much sorrow lately. A man from my daughter's high school class, a fire-fighter, drowned in Lake Lanier. Four UGA students, beautiful young women, were killed in an automobile accident yesterday, and a 3-year old, who my daughter did not know personally but shares mutual friends with, found his father's handgun and accidentally shot himself.

Cheri, fingers crossed for North Georgia. There are some beautiful places to live north of Gainesvile on the way to Dahlonega. Cumming is another area with some good real estate. Gainesville has excellent shopping and medical care. We, personally, go to Athens for medical care, but many of our friends go to Gainesville. We live in between, about 20 minutes north of Athens and about 30 minutes south of Gainesville. Mama and I shop Gainesville/Dawsonville pretty regularly.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Reading, just not posting now. Later ladies! Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
    my calf isn't that big lagopus lololol it has to be big enough to see the detail of the bottom of the monkey feet, otherwise it will just look like a couple of feet and that would defeat the purpose.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Miriam, if you get hungry while reading do not ever read Emile Zola's The Belly of Paris. It is page after page of food-- all the places to buy food in 19th century Paris -- and it is very very descriptive...Other than that book, the food does not usually get to me. I do get curious about what people ate in Victorian time that we no longer seem to eat much of now. I think there is some blanc mange in Little Women that sounded really exotic when I read of it as a child; that sort of thing. I think food history is fascinating. Some times it is hard to imagine what they ate in Europe before 1492 when there were no potatoes, tomatoes or peppers. Peas and lettuce and meat and grain, I suppose.

Betty

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Janetr, so sorry... Thinking of your family, and you.

Lisa, halfway to East Texas
  • Lagopus
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rutabagas, Betty, rutabagas. In a classic cookbook written shortly after the potato had been introduced to Sweden, the author complained about the bland new vegetable that was displacing the more flavorful rutabaga.

/Penny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just been having a long discussion with DH about what to do about meeting up with my old schoolfriend who is one of our group of four from high school. I have got out of the next meet up in May by lying and saying I was previously engaged, but that won't be an excuse next time. We normally meet up twice a year.
    My problem is that her "husband" is a tax exile and is bringing his money back into the country by buying property through his wife and children. Very expensive properties. I could shut up about all this, but she rubs our face in it by complaining about all the work she has to do. Plus all her problems with her spoilt children. She is an unhappy person.
    If it were just her I would just cut her out of my life, but two other people I care deeply about are involved. I could just keep quiet when she starts blethering on, but I know I won't be able to keep it in. :ohwell:
    It's a dilemma that I haven't been able to solve. :'(

Thanks for listening. Heather UK

Penny - we had rutabaga tonight (we call it swede) mashed with carrot. :D I have enough left over to have it tomorrow for a snack with chilli sauce.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Janet- thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family! Such a hard time for all! <3
    Marcelyn- a prayer for you and the area you live in (is it Houston?) So much rain! If you must get some, may it only be a very light mist!
    Food books- who was talking about books that talk about food so much that it makes you want to eat or cook? There are two that immediately come to mind for me. Farmer Boy, which I read as a child and re-read every now and again, is like reading a book about food. O.my.goodness. The breakfasts and dinners that farm family ate! The other book is Stealing Buddha's Dinner. Absolutely fantastic book about a young Vietnamese/American girl, trying to blend in with her American peers and longing for their American food; when she is surrounded by Vietnamese food, family, and cooking. A really funny, and poignant coming of age book, that really shows the issues that people of other cultures face when coming to live in America. We are a melting pot, but at the same time, it breaks my heart to see families lose their heritage to fit in. But lots and lots of food!http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/209572.Stealing_Buddha_s_Dinner
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Prayers for Tara and the whole family. :heart:
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Heather- You write/have written children's books!!!! Why did I not know this? I will have to check some out! Looks like a few might be too advanced for my littles, but I have older kids in the summer and a couple of them love to get a little scared!