Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Janetr such a sad time. I don't know Tara's story of breathing problems...if it's asthma I know first hand how difficult and tragic an illness it can be since many in DHs family suffered...some mightily. Supportive thoughts going your way.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Janet prayers!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Despite knowing better every time I see the phrase Monkey Feet THIS is what I envision.
    raa0dqbww656.jpg
    :smirk:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Peach, Charlie just puts Strawberry preserves on the pancakes. I am sure he would put the real things on if we had them. They are expensive and the real ones seem to irritate his tongue,.

Tooth extraction went well this morning but I have never had take any pain pills afterwards and I did today. Although it made me a little drowsy, I didn't sleep and was quite loopy. I guess I should have prepared my food in the house to have some good foods in the house to have for lunch . So I just had cottage cheese with pineapple tidbits. I frequently rinsed out my mouth while I was eating to make sure nothing got in where the tooth came out, He did put in gel foam and a stitch.

Allison, do you know of a good place to send in my tooth, it has a crown on it. The Dr said that many times you can get enough money that you get what you paid for it for the crown. Of course I have no idea what that was. I googled sending in dental gold and got quite a few places and I want to be the best. I was quoted a price to expect to pay but it was quite a bit less since it was a simple extraction. He even said it was loose.

I have often thought about coloring my hair but that is such a long term commitment and everyone in my life has seen me with the amount of grey it has now so I guess it's fine as it is.

My health insurance called today about their 'housecalls' program. I had previously not wanted to participate in the program but when I found out they give a gift card I thought differently. We can have it done the same day and time.

Joyce, Indiana
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Heather I know how you feel! In Minnesota we have a state income tax, if you live here 6months you have to pay. Some wealthy people are taking state residents for 6 months n 1 day without state tax. Last party I was at some people were talking how smart this is, well my mouth took off. You want to live here because of all the wonderful things we have which state taxes provide. You don't want not pay but you want t play! I call this white collar crime, don't ever complain about welfare fraud to me! It did shut them up. Gayle Minneapolis
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    KJ - I wrote my children's books quite a time ago, but they are for all ages. Most are remaindered as they are out of print, but what there is are on Amazon. My "adult" book ( very) WINDOWS, is also on there, with a health warning. If you go to Heather Eyles author page you will find everything. Younger books are A ZOO IN OUR HOUSE, and WELL I NEVER.
    I hope you can find something you like there.

Joyce - Glad you "bit" the bullet and had the tooth out. My filled tooth is still troubling me. I don't want to have it extracted, but may be driven to it. :sad:

Spent ages today on technology stuff. Drives you nuts. I had cleared so much space on my phone I decided to do an update they had been nagging me for ages. That took for ever. Then I got a message from my network provider complaining and saying I couldn't use the data until I had reregistered something. :sad: Well, it seems to be ok, so I'm just hoping. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Love to all. Heather UK
  • margaretturk
    Options
    From Art in Bloom at Minneapolis of Arts

259fw32ds79e.jpg

Ode to Prince

krkz2hblk7hy.jpg

A couple of my favorites:

3lt107nnf8lx.jpg

The woman in the picture is the florist.

f21cuey9v9oy.jpg

The robe is made all out of dog tags!
    i5q2t5cm61vd.jpg

• margaretturk
    Options
    As beautiful as Art in Bloom is nature gives it stiff competition. These were in bloom in a park across from the art institute.
    96tqbpcf2cif.jpg
  • margaretturk
    Options
    For you Miriam:

qf6c87yqcndy.jpg
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Today I swam like an old lady on a MISSION! Felt really good! About 25 minutes of hard lap swimming. Came home and crashed on the bed for 20 minutes.

Made a strange lunch out of some left-overs. Sprayed a mini loaf pan (like large cupcakes) 3 squares.. Then put sliced zucchini in each, some leaves of spinach, some of the spaghetti, then nestled a wee brie triangle in the middle of the pasta. Put left-over sauce then more zucchini and spinach and more spaghetti. I know I did everything twice. Then covered with foil until really hot. It was hard to get out, and I ended up plopping all three into a bowl anyway. The melted brie with the sauce and noodles was really good!

Put in for a ticket for a New England Lobster dinner at the American Legion Hall. There is only 125 lobsters, so I hope I get one. It's not until May 7th, so I think I am early still. I have a feeling my husband shall drop me off for that event (or maybe just read in the lounge)... he isn't much for seafood, but lets me enjoy it. I mean I live here, so I am the chosen few!! I just gotta!

Feel better already after my little slip up. It's nice to have my act together. I am feeling hungry at night, but I just deal with it. Sometimes I do a mental countdown of my weight, when I am in bed. Thinking in my head how I would feel, what I would wear, and then say in my head a weight lower, and lower. I seem to fall asleep before I hit my goal weight though. Like counting sheep, but counting down pounds.

((((Janetr))))) My thoughts are with you and your family.....

Regarding technical items, and them driving you nuts, well I just don't have a cell phone. My husband carries a Trac fone for emergencies, but other than that, I don't call anyone. I use the phone at home of course, though. I don't have an e-mail, but my husband has one for the household.

You all are doing really well!!!
    Becca
    Oregon

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Ah, rutabagas...my mother used to mash them sometimes and I did love them!
    Also, there must have been cabbage and mushrooms.
    I love the Art in Bloom shots--thanks!
    And Gayle, I lived in Mpls. years ago and the taxes were high but you could see where your money was going in terms of roads and services. Where I live now the taxes are also high but the money seems to vanish into the ether...
    Betty
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Margaret, what fun! Thanks!

My lilacs are in bloom right now! I have a white one, two light purple, and the sensation lilac (white with a purple edge on each blossom). The scent is heavenly. I also have two dwarf Korean lilacs that will bloom soon. They have a much more intense scent- the whole half of the yard smells heavenly. So I put one in my hell strip so people walking by can enjoy their scent. My neighbor has a deep purple one, and I may ask if I can try to dig up a runner. My oak leaf hydrangea is about to bloom too- white snowballs. Oh, and one of the viburna is in bloom, but those flowers smell NASTY. I have a reblooming lilac, but it has been a bit of a disappointment. One of the first varieties of reblooming. The flowering cherry is all done. It was quite a display.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,985 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    182 minutes of dog walking
    taught the two hour line dance class

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,813 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    I am bushed... it is 9:45 and up wayyyyyy past my bedtime.. today was a bear at work, came home quick took the dogs for a walk around the block and and left there food there and then went to help my dad set up for the anniversary Al-Anon meeting.. it was a small room and the place was packed...my brother and SIL came .so dad was pleased.. he was a bit unsteady on his feet and looked real tired.. I think he is over doing it a bit at the house.. he is trying to do some jobs like mudding and sanding the closet and putting in a bathroom light fixture,, and he wants to paint the ceiling in Tracy and Kyles room... I am trying to help as much as I can.. and with Tom gone for the next week I will try and get up there Sunday and maybe do the ceiling myself....
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.43min, 14amph, 155mhr, 2.9mi = 125c
    JOG- 20min, 5.6-5.8sp, 10.29ap, 139ahr, 1.91mi = 193c
    JOG- 9.44min, 5.8-7.5sp, 9.44ap, 154mhr, 1mi = 113c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.30min, 13.1amph, 152mhr 1.4mi = 93c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.12min, 8.9amph, 150mhr, 2.6mi = 187c
    total cal 711
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Barbie thanks for sharing how you've scheduled meditation into your day...morning is the right time for me too I'm thinking.
    My MFP goal is to lose 1.5#s/wk but lost just 1# this wk...I was eating some of my exercise calories! Not complaining since any weight loss is going the right way but I learned my lesson!

Penny shared your pics w/DH...reminds a little of Alaska. He spent some time above the arctic circle many years ago when the pipeline was being built. I went to Anchorage w/him but that was it.

Rutabaga or turnips mashed w/potatoes was a regular at our table while growing up...rutamus my Swedish family called it.

Margaret pretty flowers I was surprised your flowering trees are in full bloom in Minnesota & ours are not yet here.

Looking forward to another nice cool day tomorrow perfect for working in the gardens,
    GLo on the North Shore of Ma
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a horizontal conditioning DVD. In it you use mostly the gliding disks and I'm not used to them so it was pretty challenging for me. The plan for tomorrow is to do a circuit Sweat DVD.

Lenora - I don't know if the Krud Kutter will take mustard out or not. You certainly can give it a try. What's the worse that can happen? It doesn't? And you're no worse off than before. As for the Krud Kutter, we have to order it online at Lowe's Hardware. They usually have it in stock. Don't ask me why they don't have it out on the shelves (especially around here) but they don't. You usually have to get about 6 bottles (a case). I'd ask them. But believe me, it takes the red clay out. You can spray it on your clothes (it won't hurt the clothes). I've used it on rugs. As for getting grease out, when you get a spot of the grease, put some talcum powder on it. The talcum will absorb the grease. You may have to do it a few times, but it usually will take the grease out. Whenever I make something with chocolate, never fails that I get some of the chocolate on me. I've started wearing an old housecoat over my clothes when I make something chocolate. My luck that Vince would like anything chocolate....lol I've always said that Vince is book smart but I'm more people smart.

Joyce - I have a crepe maker and one thing I put in the crepes is strawberries. Vince liked the ones I made with chocolate syrup in them. So glad that Charlie is doing so much better.

Karen - yea for you and that great NSV with the not eating

Lisa - loved your gifs of your coffee needs...lol

miriam - my proble with reading a book is that when I start reading, I usually fall asleep!

Heather - sometimes kids do that funniest things. You know what's hard? When they do somethig they're not supposed to do but it's so funny. You need to keep a straight face, but inside you're laughin to beat the bones.

Glo in MA - way to go getting into smaller sized clothing!

Well...the saga of the pool pump continues. Hayward did send a new motor to the pool supply place. However...there's this belt that they didn't include. Evidentally, this belt is used on lots of different models of pumps. the store had one on order (they keep one in stock) and they were HOPING to get it today. So we shall see.....

Went out and mowed the weeds. I tell you, I am SOO disappointed in the work that that guy did for us (the landscape work) Looks like we have a lot to do to fix up his screw-ups. I think I'll ask the gal who is going to help me get the plants to dig up the plants he put in and put in what I want. Then powerwashed a few more sections of the driveway. Did the part behind Vince's car. that wasn't done last year because it's in the shade and since he couldn't go in the sun, I thought he might like to do that. Only I wound up doing it this year. I see a few spots that I need to do again the next time I power wash

Janet - (((hugs)))

marcelyn - stay safe

Becca - you make me drool! Who was it that said they got hungry when they read about food? Skip Becca's post. I love lobster. Well, I love just about any fish that there is

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh: Your pictured monkey feet are much cuter than the athletic "shoes," but they probably don't do much for athletic performance. :wink:

Joyce: I'm glad your tooth extraction went well. I hope you stay comfortable and don't have pain that bothers you. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Art is lovely, but nature often wins the beauty award in my opinion. I love practical art like pottery, and I also like fine art. Nature can be inspiring. :heart:

Michele: Good luck with the pool. :flowerforyou:

Last night we were kept awake until all hours by sea lions barking. This is not quite what a person expects when they live 90 miles or so from the ocean, but I'm aware that many sea lions go all the way up to the base of Bonneville Dam in their efforts to eat as many salmon as possible. Today there hasn't been a peep out of them. I wonder where they went, and am very grateful they aren't here.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! :)