WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic about the church posting info when you don't really know its going to be in the bulletin. I think it's just well-meaning people that go that extra mile and for us it comes across as a wee bit too much info. I suppose you have to be careful who you share specifics with. I think also that the person doing the bulletin on prayer requests etc, should go that extra mile and call set person up and check to see if they wish to be listed. Being that its their specifics they are typing about. That's how I would do it anyway.

Well this afternoon I opened the refrigerator and because dear husband had taken out the mayo and the mustard out of the door, there was nothing stopping the large containers of water from falling out. Falling out onto my right foot. Specifically my toes. More specifically, the toe next to my baby toe! The one I had surgery on, about 11 yrs ago, when I broke it over. So they opened up the toey and reset it, putting a spike down my toe. Interestingly enough, I used that title, calling the cab company saying Spike-toed Lady needs a ride, and they would buzz right over. Anyway, its a purple-ish shade of sore, and puffy, but I don't think I re-broke it. Crazy!

Son wore his black suit today for a Job Fair they had to attend as Juniors. This morning he danced around the living room like "The Jazz Singer" Joel Grey, marching and kicking up his dress shoes. He also stated he might use his English accent all day....NO SON, I told him!! Watched him as he waited at the bus stop. Funny, the kids didn't even know how to talk to a suited kid, they definitely gave him extra room in his "personal space" bubble!

Tonight I am fixing tacos, and steak quesadillas. I am having two shells, 4 ozs of taco meat, 1 cup of shredded lettuce, some salsa to cook the ground beef in, some taco sauce to put over the lettuce and some sliced tomatoes. What I am NOT having is cheese, because I couldn't work it in. I think I will mix everything together, like a taco salad, then jam it in the taco shells.

You all are doing amazing in getting in your walking steps. Great Job!

Becca
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    The Kimmel Bed & Breakfast just cooked it's last meal, everyone knows what is located in which color Tupperware and dishwasher is loaded once again. We had those Minnestronie burgers I mentioned yesterday. Charlie fixed baked beans and I had fresh veggies on the table. I was the only one to eat them. Ruffle potato chips, the rest of my Watergate salad, only my daughter, SIL and YGD ate that and it is now all gone. Finished it off with banana pudding. So when they come home tonight from unlimited mini golf and laser tag they will probably raid the fridge again but will serve themselves on disposable stuff and throw it away. So the kitchen better remain clean. Tomorrow it's instant oatmeal for them and then they head out for the other Grandma. I don't cook much but she even cooks less. And she leaves it out all day and my daughter doesn't trust eating it.

Joyce, tired in Indiana
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!! It is hard making it through all the posts when I have limited time and getting ready for a little trip. Please know I am thinking of you all even though I may not post much for the next few days...going to check up on sick relatives and then spend two days at a B and B which is kind of a makeup from the winter when we could not get there due to bad weather.
    I will put myself on record as being against having weight and health info out there unless I specifically agree to it. I think Pip phrased it very well!
    Sylvia, I pray you get better soon!
    Have been going to the Y and watching my Cals but that pesky scale does not want to budge!!! Must not give in to despair!
    Betty
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    smiley-signs060.gifLaney,when I started on MFP, I was a veteran of decades of not losing weight and I didn't know if this would work. I started by logging food for the day and sticking to my plan, no matter what. I practiced saying "No, thank you" to food that was offered to me. I began to look for ways to modify my daily food plan so I got more food food for the same number of calories (such as a big pile of steamed veggies instead of bread or pasta). I practiced eating food without sauces or butter to cut back on calories. I watched for every opportunity to be active. I learned new things that worked by reading this thread every day.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

• laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info. I am really trying :) I like hearing how others are doing with this as well
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Stopping by for a quick hello.
    I'm having a really hard time tracking. Lunch is in the cafeteria each day so it's an educated guess on what to log from the list in MFP. My brain is mush by dinner. Not sure how to get on track with tracking. I think I need some challenge or something.
    I am continuing to get up at 5 and do a 30 min weight workout before heading out at 6:30. I am putting stars on the calendar for each workout and I like to see them there. There's something satisfying about that. I've got my husband putting stars on his own calendar for his 30 mins on the elliptical. Kind of cute. He has to have blue stars.

Have a good evening ladies.

Kimses in MA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Dave and I took another walk this afternoon since we were bored. That makes over 17,000 steps. A Ford Escape went by. That was a car I was considering before my whole airbag thing making me decide to stay with a CRV. I said to Dave, "Barbiecat had one of those." Then I proceeded to tell him the whole story about the airbag light, the mechanic telling Barbie to gain weight, etc, etc. when I was finished, he looked at me and said, "Am I supposed to know who you are talking about?" Well, yes! Of course he was supposed to know. I said, "she's the one who says there is no weather bad enough to keep you from walking, just inappropriate clothing." Then he remembered.

smiley-laughing025.gif...I made Jake pause the baseball game he was watching so I could read this to him....he, too, is plagued by me telling him stories about all my friends on MFP and he gets them confused with my line dance friends....congrats on your 17,000 steps...walking is always a great thing to do when you don't know what to do with your time....you are fortunate that Dave wanted to walk with you. :)
  • tdean55
    tdean55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm new here...

I'm not sure how to friend people, or if l need to ' join' this group, apparently, I'm challenged,lol!!

So, I've just started reading through here so please forgive me, l don't know everyone yet!

I'm 46, early menopause, and l had a total knee replacement in 2011 with complications, l now only have a 70 degree bend and it's permanent.

That being said, l was 245- got to 153, and in the last two years with this menopause mess, I'm in the 190's...and I'm determined to get back to where l was but admit, it's frustrating...

Goals for April:

Log everyday...
    Water aerobics 2-3 times a week
    6 days a week, stay under 1300 calories

Thanks!!!

Traci in Michigan
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,559 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.23min, 14.4amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi = 116c
    JOG- 8.58min, 8.58ap/min mi, 7.6-8.0sp, 138ahr, 161mhr, 1mi = 102c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 10min, lvl10, 5.4flpmin, 55fl, 481ft, 204aw, 124ahr, 147mhr = 103c
    OTHER- PHYSICAL THERAPY @ gym- 13min, 2 exercises, 6sets of 100, 5sets 20 ea direction = 62c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.48min, 12.5amph, 142mhr 1.4mi = 72c
    ride dome 2 hm-18.43min, 8.5amph, 149mhr, 2.6mi = 179c
    total cal 634
  • barbiecat
    Options

I walked (approximately) 4,265 steps and it took me 45 minutes with Cracker! Whew! I’m melting!!!!! How do you ladies do 10,000 steps a day? Used my ‘primitive pedometer’ … 4 steps per putting down the walking stick and walking past it. Cracker has passed out on the floor. More under the fan than her bed is; has to be cooler! Lost 2.5 more lbs.; now I am at 159lbs. The ‘end’ is getting closer …

Lenora

smiley-happy026.gifCongrats on your continued weight loss.....About getting to 10,000 steps---I got to bigger numbers gradually....I walk a lot more steps when I walk by myself on a paved surface compared to walking dogs who want to wander into grassy fields or stop and sniff the bushes or stare at birds. I do a lot of walking early in the morning, often before sunrise wearing warm clothing.

• nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    nb1959 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. What a wonderful way to start a new day---reading your posts is like having coffee with good friends before work! You guy make me smile, LOL, and shed a tear for you sometime. I feel blessed to be in the company of such intelligent, warm, and determined people. Well, If you don't mind and want to read further, I can tell you a little about myself. I am a writer at Florida State University and live in a small, rural community near-by. I am blissfully married. We have three grown boys, 3 grandchildren, three dogs, five cats, and numerous beaver, alligators, wading birds, birds of prey, song birds, varmints, and things that slither and crawl. There are wild turkey, deer, and coyote here. When we are not here we are camping with my grampuppies or friends. I have RA, osteoporosis, degenerative disk disease, and osteoarthritis, but they don't have me! Since I can't exercise I need to manage my weight through diet, so that's why I am here, so happily with y'all. I hope everyone has good day today. Be kind to yourself by taking excellent care of yourself! Oh, and I ate 12 Hershey's Kisses last night, one right after another. But I did log Day 3 and look forward to Day 4. Please keep writing. I am finding strength here. Hugs to all. Noreen, Quincy, Florida

Noreen~ I feel the same way about all these ladies here too. Nice to meet you!

I have cried, hooted, snickered, and that is all in the same day! You all make me feel normal. I personally never thought I would ever have my " band of sisters" like I do now. Moving all the time in the Navy, well I would never get a bond going, so its a relief to know I have you all, (plus my Oregonian friends in my TOPS group). I have a sense of peace about life now.

I also have 3 sons, ages 17, 21, and 26. The two oldest are active Navy, and the recruiters and colleges are ringing us up, and knocking on our door for the last son! They don't get him until next year, but we will be signing him up in the 'early entry program' come June. It positions him better for boot camp, in that he will have from this June to June 2017 to learn aspects of the Navy. Plus he can go up in rank, by being a part of this program, and getting qualified in this or that. My other sons definitely benefited from it, not having to cram all what boot camp threw at them.

Today we traveled to my husbands doctors appointment. Left at 7:30 AM and arrived home at 2:30 PM, so not bad. I drove home fine. I didn't even get pulled over by the cop off the side either!

Becca
    Oregon

Ann, you must be so proud. I am thankful for your family's service to our country!
  • nb1959
    Options
    Michelle – I feel for you. I get things in my eyes and it feels like it is scratching my eyeball to shreds! Sometimes I will get in my tub; and, let the water coming out of the faucet really slow and hold the eye open. I figure if it is an eyelash, or speck of dust, or fuzz … maybe it will wash it out. But, one thing to remember is to ‘try’ not to rub it … it might be feeling that way because it has already scratched the eyeball and fallen out all ready. If you wear makeup (or mascara for sure) make sure you take it off with a good cleaner every night. Somewhere around her I have a Rx for a tube of this ‘gunky; stuff that I put in my eye that is irritated in order for that pain goes away (usually by the next day). Rx’d by eye MD.
    I took my ‘good clothes’ to the local consignment shop and hopefully will make a few $$$. They have a very good selection of gently used (and sometimes new ones with the tags still on them. I think they now a new customer. I have not had a chance to really look thought the clothes yet uninterrupted.

Miriam – I grew up in a small town; but only about 25 miles away from a city. Had a lot of fun growing up in the early 50’s to late 60’s; but, could not WAIT to go to Atlanta to ‘art school’. Met a lot of nice people, just a bit ‘crazy’’. Met DH, got transferred to Jacksonville, would go to the beach every weekend with our upstairs neighbors; they moved, we moved and then my MnL became my BF. We loved doing just about anything together; then we got transferred to Albany, GA. Had a bad time when we first moved there. Lived in a nice neighborhood, had friends in neighborhood, at church, and clubs. Got transferred to Macon, with a baby on the way, got involved in Catholic Church there and converted from a Southern Baptist. DH grew up as a Catholic and did not want to go anywhere else. Move back to Albany 2 years later, then company laid him off. I don’t understand why they just did not leave us Macon; we had made friends and it was also much closer to my parents. Made absolutely no sense. Children went to parochial school, most of my friends were mothers of their friends. Went to work full-time and my co-workers were friends. Became disabled (not physically) and moved to a small town about 25 miles northwest of Albany. As for making friends here … been hard to break in the cliquish groups. Still had friends in Albany; but, like Thomas Wolfe said, ‘you can never go back home’ … had nothing in common with most of them. So I met my friends through work and belonging to the Legal Secretaries group. Still not actively friends with but a handful of women. I guess that is why I want to get back to going to Mass and becoming active in church again. Even though I know it will be ‘me’ making the biggest effort to make friends. But, I’m like a ‘bull in a china shop’ and will gravitate to the club that I meet with the least resistance. Oh, and I have gone to an ‘art class’ and met a lot of nice ladies and became really good friends with 2 of them. One died last month and I am going to miss her.

A lot of women who have been abused during their marriage think of ways they'd like to do to ‘permanently’ get out of the situation; but, many are much more afraid of striking out on their own; because women don’t normally fare as well being independent – especially if the man does not want her to leave (as his punching bag) and she has been a stay-at-home, marginally educated, with several children. Most hide their scars, (physically or mentally) and their spirit gets crushed, so they ‘stay’ in the situation – hoping that his promised will actually change. She might get a job; but having to pay for an apartment, daycare, food, clothes, and things that we all use on a daily basis – if he doesn’t pay her ‘child support’ she isn’t going to even have the necessities in life. Usually, she and children are terrified of him and what he is capable of doing to them. Also, unfortunately he’s maybe done things to his children that are ‘unforgiveable’ … molestation, rape, making children go ‘hide’ in the woods, when he comes looking for them with a loaded rifle. That sounds extreme – but know about it first-hand. Getting her into a ‘women’s shelter’ that’s location had been hidden; he follows one of his kids home (back to the shelter) in the car and the person at the ‘shelter’ was driving. She had to leave the shelter for the sake of the others. They arranged to put her in a different town; and, then got caught calling him and telling him where she was. Oldest son just got arrested for ‘thief’ (and why he’ do it since he had a thriving business – which will go to others), next youngest son was arrested when he shot two of her ‘former’ girlfriend.

Grammyx23 – If you are using a laptop’s touchpad, you are probably hitting it with the first joint of your thumb, or rubbing one of your palms across it. One way that a lot of do, in order to keep up with posts is to open up a side-by-side (2nd window) using your ‘word processing program’. Then minimize both of them. You’ll be able to see the post and then you can type your comment into your W.P. program. By the way, if you are posting in the box on a certain page; you cannot go back a page, unless you save the post first. Then in the upper right hand corner is a gear and you’d need to click on it and it will drop down a screen and hit that. I’ll give you an hour to change anything you want to in that post. I’m not saying that you can’t post to a previous way; just that you have to save it to do so. I’m sure my instructions are very confusing … I’m a ‘visual’ person and an artist and I can’t tell you how to make it easier. It just is if you can open up a second page (or blank page in your WP program and go back-and-forth between them. I am making an ‘assumption’ and I know how that goes. I’m sure that anybody who posts long posts to several people can tell you an easier version. It took me a week to catch on. Having not really understanding what I was being told. Then you could highlight the typing in the WP program into the last box to post (and make sure you are on the ‘last’ page; because between typing your responses … there are others also typing post. Usually, it will only take you back to your last post; and, sometimes if I feel like it I will go back later and read the few that I’ve missed. If I have lost contact with MFP; I usually start at the most recent. Down on the lower right-hand corner, you will see what page # you are on. Hope I have not made this totally ‘convoluted’.

Margaret – Getting the entire story helps sooths the entire situation.

Heather – Mr. Tuxter-Muxter brings all his killings to our back door and usually graces with us right at the door; might be feathers off a bird, the tail of something; once brought us the ‘ears’ off a bunny. He sleeps most of the day; and, goes prowling in the early morning; late afternoon. I guess he just proving he’s doing his job as an outside cat.

I walked (approximately) 4,265 steps and it took me 45 minutes with Cracker! Whew! I’m melting!!!!! How do you ladies do 10,000 steps a day? Used my ‘primitive pedometer’ … 4 steps per putting down the walking stick and walking past it. Cracker has passed out on the floor. More under the fan than her bed is; has to be cooler! Lost 2.5 more lbs.; now I am at 159lbs. The ‘end’ is getting closer …

Lenora

How much overall? I am dying to know. I want to lose (yipes!) 50!
  • nb1959
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. What a wonderful way to start a new day---reading your posts is like having coffee with good friends before work! You guy make me smile, LOL, and shed a tear for you sometime. I feel blessed to be in the company of such intelligent, warm, and determined people. Well, If you don't mind and want to read further, I can tell you a little about myself. I am a writer at Florida State University and live in a small, rural community near-by. I am blissfully married. We have three grown boys, 3 grandchildren, three dogs, five cats, and numerous beaver, alligators, wading birds, birds of prey, song birds, varmints, and things that slither and crawl. There are wild turkey, deer, and coyote here. When we are not here we are camping with my grampuppies or friends. I have RA, osteoporosis, degenerative disk disease, and osteoarthritis, but they don't have me! Since I can't exercise I need to manage my weight through diet, so that's why I am here, so happily with y'all. I hope everyone has good day today. Be kind to yourself by taking excellent care of yourself! Oh, and I ate 12 Hershey's Kisses last night, one right after another. But I did log Day 3 and look forward to Day 4. Please keep writing. I am finding strength here. Hugs to all. Noreen, Quincy, Florida

Noreen~ I feel the same way about all these ladies here too. Nice to meet you!

I have cried, hooted, snickered, and that is all in the same day! You all make me feel normal. I personally never thought I would ever have my " band of sisters" like I do now. Moving all the time in the Navy, well I would never get a bond going, so its a relief to know I have you all, (plus my Oregonian friends in my TOPS group). I have a sense of peace about life now.

I also have 3 sons, ages 17, 21, and 26. The two oldest are active Navy, and the recruiters and colleges are ringing us up, and knocking on our door for the last son! They don't get him until next year, but we will be signing him up in the 'early entry program' come June. It positions him better for boot camp, in that he will have from this June to June 2017 to learn aspects of the Navy. Plus he can go up in rank, by being a part of this program, and getting qualified in this or that. My other sons definitely benefited from it, not having to cram all what boot camp threw at them.

Today we traveled to my husbands doctors appointment. Left at 7:30 AM and arrived home at 2:30 PM, so not bad. I drove home fine. I didn't even get pulled over by the cop off the side either!

Becca
    Oregon

Ann, you must be so proud. I am thankful for your family's service to our country!

That was from Noreen in Quincy.
  • nb1959
    Options
    Michelle – I feel for you. I get things in my eyes and it feels like it is scratching my eyeball to shreds! Sometimes I will get in my tub; and, let the water coming out of the faucet really slow and hold the eye open. I figure if it is an eyelash, or speck of dust, or fuzz … maybe it will wash it out. But, one thing to remember is to ‘try’ not to rub it … it might be feeling that way because it has already scratched the eyeball and fallen out all ready. If you wear makeup (or mascara for sure) make sure you take it off with a good cleaner every night. Somewhere around her I have a Rx for a tube of this ‘gunky; stuff that I put in my eye that is irritated in order for that pain goes away (usually by the next day). Rx’d by eye MD.
    I took my ‘good clothes’ to the local consignment shop and hopefully will make a few $$$. They have a very good selection of gently used (and sometimes new ones with the tags still on them. I think they now a new customer. I have not had a chance to really look thought the clothes yet uninterrupted.

Miriam – I grew up in a small town; but only about 25 miles away from a city. Had a lot of fun growing up in the early 50’s to late 60’s; but, could not WAIT to go to Atlanta to ‘art school’. Met a lot of nice people, just a bit ‘crazy’’. Met DH, got transferred to Jacksonville, would go to the beach every weekend with our upstairs neighbors; they moved, we moved and then my MnL became my BF. We loved doing just about anything together; then we got transferred to Albany, GA. Had a bad time when we first moved there. Lived in a nice neighborhood, had friends in neighborhood, at church, and clubs. Got transferred to Macon, with a baby on the way, got involved in Catholic Church there and converted from a Southern Baptist. DH grew up as a Catholic and did not want to go anywhere else. Move back to Albany 2 years later, then company laid him off. I don’t understand why they just did not leave us Macon; we had made friends and it was also much closer to my parents. Made absolutely no sense. Children went to parochial school, most of my friends were mothers of their friends. Went to work full-time and my co-workers were friends. Became disabled (not physically) and moved to a small town about 25 miles northwest of Albany. As for making friends here … been hard to break in the cliquish groups. Still had friends in Albany; but, like Thomas Wolfe said, ‘you can never go back home’ … had nothing in common with most of them. So I met my friends through work and belonging to the Legal Secretaries group. Still not actively friends with but a handful of women. I guess that is why I want to get back to going to Mass and becoming active in church again. Even though I know it will be ‘me’ making the biggest effort to make friends. But, I’m like a ‘bull in a china shop’ and will gravitate to the club that I meet with the least resistance. Oh, and I have gone to an ‘art class’ and met a lot of nice ladies and became really good friends with 2 of them. One died last month and I am going to miss her.

A lot of women who have been abused during their marriage think of ways they'd like to do to ‘permanently’ get out of the situation; but, many are much more afraid of striking out on their own; because women don’t normally fare as well being independent – especially if the man does not want her to leave (as his punching bag) and she has been a stay-at-home, marginally educated, with several children. Most hide their scars, (physically or mentally) and their spirit gets crushed, so they ‘stay’ in the situation – hoping that his promised will actually change. She might get a job; but having to pay for an apartment, daycare, food, clothes, and things that we all use on a daily basis – if he doesn’t pay her ‘child support’ she isn’t going to even have the necessities in life. Usually, she and children are terrified of him and what he is capable of doing to them. Also, unfortunately he’s maybe done things to his children that are ‘unforgiveable’ … molestation, rape, making children go ‘hide’ in the woods, when he comes looking for them with a loaded rifle. That sounds extreme – but know about it first-hand. Getting her into a ‘women’s shelter’ that’s location had been hidden; he follows one of his kids home (back to the shelter) in the car and the person at the ‘shelter’ was driving. She had to leave the shelter for the sake of the others. They arranged to put her in a different town; and, then got caught calling him and telling him where she was. Oldest son just got arrested for ‘thief’ (and why he’ do it since he had a thriving business – which will go to others), next youngest son was arrested when he shot two of her ‘former’ girlfriend.

Grammyx23 – If you are using a laptop’s touchpad, you are probably hitting it with the first joint of your thumb, or rubbing one of your palms across it. One way that a lot of do, in order to keep up with posts is to open up a side-by-side (2nd window) using your ‘word processing program’. Then minimize both of them. You’ll be able to see the post and then you can type your comment into your W.P. program. By the way, if you are posting in the box on a certain page; you cannot go back a page, unless you save the post first. Then in the upper right hand corner is a gear and you’d need to click on it and it will drop down a screen and hit that. I’ll give you an hour to change anything you want to in that post. I’m not saying that you can’t post to a previous way; just that you have to save it to do so. I’m sure my instructions are very confusing … I’m a ‘visual’ person and an artist and I can’t tell you how to make it easier. It just is if you can open up a second page (or blank page in your WP program and go back-and-forth between them. I am making an ‘assumption’ and I know how that goes. I’m sure that anybody who posts long posts to several people can tell you an easier version. It took me a week to catch on. Having not really understanding what I was being told. Then you could highlight the typing in the WP program into the last box to post (and make sure you are on the ‘last’ page; because between typing your responses … there are others also typing post. Usually, it will only take you back to your last post; and, sometimes if I feel like it I will go back later and read the few that I’ve missed. If I have lost contact with MFP; I usually start at the most recent. Down on the lower right-hand corner, you will see what page # you are on. Hope I have not made this totally ‘convoluted’.

Margaret – Getting the entire story helps sooths the entire situation.

Heather – Mr. Tuxter-Muxter brings all his killings to our back door and usually graces with us right at the door; might be feathers off a bird, the tail of something; once brought us the ‘ears’ off a bunny. He sleeps most of the day; and, goes prowling in the early morning; late afternoon. I guess he just proving he’s doing his job as an outside cat.

Lenora

How much overall? I am dying to know. I want to lose (yipes!) 50!
    This is from Noreen in Quincy.

• nb1959
    Options
    Day 4. Came in 4 calories under. I am seeing that I don't eat much salt but everything I love is all sugar!!
  • nb1959
    Options
    DamitJanit,, coolest name ever, nb1959 is Noreen from Quincy, Florida.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,559 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Gee, ‘if’ I get sick or hurt … everybody’s gonna know it because my DDnL#1 is going to plaster it all over FB.

When I had a wreck (rolled the car over a couple of times) and 2 of DGDs were in there with me. My ‘middle’ granddaughter hurt her knee; but, she also had the presence of mind to try to hold my head up. I was ‘knocked’ out. Seizure caused the wreck; she had also held the steering wheel to try to keep it mostly on the road. I must have let go of the wheel; and, she realized we were headed for a ditch. Unfortunately, I came to long enough to grab the wheel away from her and over-corrected; and, when I did must have hit something … we rolled over at least 2 times; and, landed with the top of the car upside down. DYGD was in her car seat ‘screaming bloody murder’ and DMGD crawled through the area of the console and got back to her and calmed her down. This was right after school and there was traffic behind us who saw it happen so we had people there to help us immediately. They got the girls out of the car by breaking the back window. They (EMTs) had to drag me out through the sunroof. The car looked really bad; and, she posted them on FB with ‘please pray for my MnL’. My sisters, both, came unglued because both of them thought that they should have been notified by phone and not on FB. My BF found out about it when the ‘mail carrier’, who was also a friend, called her and told her about the wreck (and that they had a ‘white sheet’ out); and, I was the only person in the county that had that kind and color of car. I think she got blasted by so many of my family members and friends, including my DH and me that we told her to ‘never post anything about us on FB, for any reason’. DH also agreed that FB was not the way for them to have found out about it. All they could remember was the last wreck I had; which was really bad.

Then I got 'Lithium Toxicity' – was in ICU for 3 weeks. Having seizures non-stop. To this day, if there is someone having a seizure on a television show, he walks out of the room and doesn’t come back in until it is finished. Of course, since then he has gotten used to that being a possibility and knows what to do about it. This occurred in Jan., 2013; and my DMGD still won’t get in the car if I am driving (or any possibility of driving). Not that I blame her, I probably would not get in the car with me driving either. I would not want the ‘details’ published in a church bulletin either.

YOWCH! That had to hurt. When I run into something on my way to another room, I see ‘stars’ when I hit my toe on something.

Tacos sound great. It’s the cheese that drives the calories up; but, I think even so, I’d have to take a teaspoon of that melted cheese they bring with the chips and salsa in it. I’ve found that I can order 2 tacos at the local restaurant and usually not go over my daily ‘caloric intake’ … Either that or order something I like and divide it in half and bring it home.

Joyce – I can remember growing up and going to my paternal Grandmother’s house (like at Thanksgiving or the 4h of July) and we’d eat dinner at noon; then, leftovers were covered with a sheet and left ‘out’ until supper-time or if someone left, to fix their plates to take with them. But, there wasn’t anything that had mayo in it. That did get put on ice.

I know when I made fig preserves one year; we did not eat them right off the bat; because we still had an open jar. Gave a jar to my neighbors; and, then we opened one … had mold on the top (had not sealed like I thought they had), so I called the neighbor and told him about it. He laughed and said that all they would do, is scoop out the top layer and enjoy them. He said, ‘you’re not from the “country” growing up, are you’. No, I am a ‘city’ girl; but, this had never happened to me before. Those were the only 2 jars like that, thankfully.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Sioux. When my mother died, we moved into her house right away. She wasn't a hoarder but she had a lot of stuff that I wanted to be able to go through one item and one piece of paper and one photo at a time, so we rented several storage units and packed stuff in every box and bag we could get our hands on. It took almost ten years to go through everything and finally let go of the storage units but we felt that it was worth the expense. You have a huge challenge ahead of you and I wish you well.... :)

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Strategy is stronger than willpower.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    11,000 steps
    192 minutes of dog walking
    92 minutes riding the exercise bike while watching DWTS
    15 minutes garden puttering