• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

DH very unwell today. Not like himself at all. :( I wonder whether I've got it too. Some bug or other. Botheration. :'(
    The weather is beautiful and DH has gone out for a short walk after falling asleep on the sofa. I have made lunch, watered the seeds in the garden, picked parsley, done the laundry and made a Spinach and Feta pie, which is now in the oven. I am looking forward to my snack, which is going to be cottage cheese with hot mixed pickle. Yummo!

Next door are building an extension and are at the very noisy digger, grinding, cement mixing phase. :s They are very nice people, so we have been very understanding, but it is very close to us and the racket has been going on for over a week. Can't use the patio. Can't sit out. :sad: It won't go on for ever. Of course, they are out all day. :ohwell:

Having said that I did manage to do a bit to my memoir this morning. :D I'm still writing about the books I used to read and how much they meant to me. I didn't write about that when I did the first draft, so I'm typing from scratch - not my usual method.

Love to all. Tomorrow is the Queen's 90th birthday. They forgot to invite me to the party. :laugh: All I know is it messes up the TV schedules.

Love Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: If you ever come to Oregon we'd be happy to give you a ride on the sailboat. I recommend summer. Winters here are not a great time for sailing due to the likelihood of cold and rain. Boats that are always stored on dry land and put into the water for a day's sail don't always require bottom paint, but boats that are always in the water need to have the extra protection. The paint gradually washes off and has to be redone periodically. Water soaks into nearly every substance a boat can be made of, which is part of the reason for paint. :ohwell:

Becca: I love installment #2. Keep 'em coming! :bigsmile: The many blasts you hear from the ships in the river can be warning to another boat to get out of danger, or they can notify others that the boat making the blasts is turning. In fog, they mean, "I'm here." :smiley: Upriver where we live, they're often made to fishermen clogging the waterway. Bottom line, they mean, "Get out of the way, you fool." Imagine a car or dozens of cars parked randomly in various lanes on the freeway so that the occupants can fish. Big ships do not have brakes and can't stop just anywhere. :noway:

Alison: I hope you are able to control the Polycystic Kidney Disease for decades to come. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I'm glad you had a safe place to be at the ranch during the cloudbursts and tornado. Yikes! :heart:

Yoga today! Yay! I tried to talk DH into going to the gym with me, but he doesn't want to go. I pointed out that he could just sit at the counter and gab if he wanted but that didn't appeal to him.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I love my bug. It's just a gif. You should be able to drag and drop it to copy it. I had it on my blog for a long time and it drove my sister nuts because I put it on the background so it scrolled down with the page and never left her screen. Very fun. Yes, I'm a bit ornery.

Lisa - Gotta love west TX and the rest of tornado alley. When we were in the OK panhandle we had a tornado bounce over our house. Took out trees behind us and the wheat field in front of us. The kids were in the basement but I was sewing and had music going. Totally missed it. The kids came running up and asked what it was and then the neighbor called to make sure we were okay. Ignorance was bliss on that one occasion. We spent many years in the TX panhandle, OK panhandle and eastern NM so I'm very familiar to that scene.

Happy birthday to the queen for all of you over the pond. I had to laugh that it messed up the TV schedule. That's how I feel whenever the President has a press conference.

And it's raining again. The same part of town and watershed for the flooding streams is getting more. Hopefully it will pass very quickly and not drop very much. Most of the streets are clear but there is one area still under water. This is the price for building willy-nilly for 50 years without thinking about drainage.

Marcelyn
    Watching the skies in Houston
    222miiup1q73.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

millerxll - you have great talent! sorry to hear about your doc news :0(

janetr= lmao!!! it's ok, trust me, i'll get wind some day... supposed to be nice again today so i may be riding home again. :0), that dot is to mark my spot so i know where i left off AND to squish something on the screen :0)
    that bug? THAT'S what i was trying to squish!

katla - I think anybody that lives around Oregon should meet up over where you are and fill that boat up to capacity w/the local peeps on this hear forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

almost hit 1k calorie burn yesterday, didn't quite make it. if I ride home today I am pretty sure i'll be able to.

hugs to all that are hurting, strapping on the boot to all that need them, and pat on the back and a U GO GURL! to all that deserve them!!!!!!!!

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Russian and Sue, welcome to both of you. This is a great place for support and motivation as well as useful information. One of you mentioned going on a diet. Most of us believe the way to permanent weight loss is to simply change our way of eating and relating to food. Therefore we think of this as a life journey that will never end like diets usually do. Exercise is important and it sounds like you are both doing a great job at that. Come often and post when you feel like it. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location; general or specific.

Kay, I don’t know why the DHs of the world have to pitch a hissy every once in a while. I don’t recall ever getting so upset and blaming something like a broken garage door on my DH. But “shame on you” for deliberately breaking the spring!!! I do hope it’s not too big a hassle to get it fixed and not too expensive, but like you said, it’s no disaster. Glad you can move on with your life. And I’m getting the band ready now for when you hit Onederland. How exciting!!! You are doing so great and we are really proud and happy for you.

Pip, waving as you ride in the pretty weather. bike-riding-smiley-emoticon.gif

Miriam, what a nice surprise that the store has reopened and you have some serious $$$ to use.

CarolGA, I’m curious as to why your aren’t happy that your DH is going off with his college pals? No matter how much we love them, I always enjoy a little alone time. I hope you can do the same. (((Hugs)))

Patsy, sorry for your news but hopefully it will get better. Try to think positive. (((Hugs))) I love the colors on your loom and hope we get to see a picture of the finished product.

Joyce, it sounds like you had a great day. Glad you got the lovie baby to hold. I think you left your iPad just so you could go back and get some more “goat lovin”. Lol

Dcd, welcome. It’s never too late to join this party. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Sue, what a bummer about your septic problems. Unfortunately there are so many things they can’t see during an inspection. I like your quote.

Katla, glad you got the sailboat and got to take it home. Happy sailing for the whole summer!!! surfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Becca, if you are going to post the book as you write, maybe you could do it as an attachment? That way it would be easier to save for those that want to. Just a suggestion. 

Penny, thanks for the update on Irish Terri.

Lisa, I hope you get power back soon. The important thing is that you are all safe. (((Hugs)))

Heather, that is a long time for all that noise. I’m surprised it is taking that long. Hopefull it will be over soon. Sorry to hear your DH is under the weather. Sending healing thoughts. I made a Spinach and Feta Pie yesterday. I cut back on the dill because neither DH or I care for it that much. Do any of you cooks have a suggestion as to a substitute I could try for it? I did try it once with garlic but either I didn’t use enough or it just didn’t do the trick. smiley-cooking-emoticon.gif

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Mornin' folks, had a very successful concert/festival last night, lots of older students stopped to chat with me and my little ones played so beautifully I was moved to tears! of course, the working relationship drama amongst us teachers is heating up, spoiling all my happy thoughts, so I just won't let it!!! Don't know why I couldn't sleep last night, too wound up from happy or wound up from stress, but either way, I've got a thermos full of coffee to get me through this busy day/night.

Still feeling fortunate enough to count my blessings. I am trying to remember my first April post where my "goals" were shoulders back, head tall and breathe??? Something like that is helping me get through.

And oh year, bought size 8 pants and they are little loose :p insert dancing line of emojis here!

Karen from NY
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Karen - Dancing line of emojis? Here you go:
    smiley-happy110.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    DJ - I always put loads of dill in because we love it. :bigsmile: Another herb you could try is tarragon, if they sell it fresh round your way. We can usually buy it in supermarkets. I love it and try to buy a plant of French tarragon every year when the frosts are over. It's harder to find than Russian tarragon, which has nothing like the flavour. Dried tarragon isn't bad either. Goes with eggs and chicken really well.

Noise has stopped for the day. Phew!

Love to all, Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am astounded by all of Bea's gorgeous dark hair. She is a beauty.

Mia in MI
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • weightwatcherjoan
    weightwatcherjoan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm new to this thread. My goals for the rest of April are to track every day on MFP and be active for a minimum of 30 minutes per day. I tend to flip flop a lot between Weight Watchers and MFP and need to settle down to one app. The current WW plan feels too restrictive and not a good fit for me. I'm turning 50 in May and have just 8 more pounds to lose to be back to a healthy weight (150).

Joan Rochester, NY
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You guys are having too much fun with that bug.....

Welcome, Joan! I'm a former WW myself. Honestly, I liked WW best when it was the old exchange system before points. I don't even know what they do now. I started my current weight loss journey with WW online but got tired of paying after 30 lbs. to me, MFP does the same thing and is free. Plus, the women on this thread are nicer than some of the ones on WW.

Well, the garage door is fixed. The spring wasn't actually broken, the cable just slipped off. But the spring was 22 years old and ready to go any day. So, I told the repairman to replace it and do a complete service on the door. $179.98. Not only does it work, but it no longer squeaks and squawks as it goes up and down. I'm happy. DH is happy. A sort of apology - not really as good as I would like, but I guess I'll take it. LOL!

And, DJ, I don't know. I might have pitched an uncalled for hissy fit of my own a time or two.

The bad news is that I can get the lawnmower out of the garage, so I guess I'll be cutting grass later today. First, I'm going to the grocery store.

Later,
    K
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Talking about hissy fits! We just had a shouty fit and DH ran out of the house ..............
    All because I complained about him making sarky comments during a tv programme that I was fond of. It escalated and I ended up shouting at him...... oh dear. He hates that and ends up in tears. Plus he really isn't well. Oh dear.
    I have done my best to apologise and tell him I love him, but he is sooooo sensitive. :ohwell:
    He will get over it.
    When we were first married this happened a lot, but it is less common now. I wish he were more robust, but he isn't. We normally make allowances for each other and rub along fine.

Heather. UK
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Lisa – glad you are safe and sound…

The BUG – is so funny!

Heather – it is fun to hear about the queen, when the president here has a b-day it is mentioned, but not much more…

DJ – instead of dill, maybe sage? I like sage and feta together…

Katiebug – glad the repair was not much $$ and you could do some preventive maintenance as well.

Kim from N. California
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Electricity is back on at the ranch, headed home. Sold 10 chairs, should finish re-covering them tomorrow... Will take before and after pics. Need to remind myself to do that with everything. Build up a portfolio...

Lisa in hot, humid West Texas. Hot is usual, humid is not... :)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Speaking of birthdays and disrupted TV programs, Sweden's prince Carl Philip, who is about fourth in line to the throne, had his first child yesterday. (Actually his wife probably did most of the work.) Nonetheless they had special reports live from the hospital and an extra long version of the evening news. Heck, it's just a baby! :grumble:

/Penny
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)