Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ A very good looking family. I love your hair fluffed like that.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thank you Debbie, and Carol/Peach! Someday, maybe I'll learn to like pictures of me... :dizzy:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,682 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    JOG- 9.15min, 9.16ap/min mi, 6.5-8.0sp, 173mhr?, 1mi = 115c
    OTHER- PHYSICAL THERAPY @ gym- 5min, 2 stretches, 4 20sec stretch, 2sets of 100 = 21c
    ROWING MACHINE- 25min, 44aw, 3785meters/2.35mi, 145mhr = 173c
    total cal 309
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

love the pics lhannon!

BOOOOOO mikesmom :0( well, at least he was man enough to tell you and not leave you hanging on ..

drove the beast to work, started early so I could get off early and leave work. gotta pick up yogi (the black lab) and take him to the doc to get his shots and have him look at his paw, nothing serious. curious 2c how much he weighs.

I think I've decided I'm going to have Kirby grow out his hair again. it was long when I met him, I can always get it cut later if I change my mind.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I don't think any place is perfectly safe. We've experienced earthquakes, floods, hurricane force winds, and very rare tornadoes in western Oregon during my lifetime. I think the tornadoes in the midwest and south are about as scary as it gets, and then I remember Hurricaine Katrina and the massive flooding of the Mississippi. In my way of thinking, the earth is alive. It is wondrous and more than a bit scary at times. :heart:

Allie & Penny: This is a gym day for me, too. I would never in a million years guessed that I'd be a regular gym goer any time in my life, let alone in my sixties. Surprise! :bigsmile:

Chris: So sorry about the romance. :broken_heart::heart:

Carol: My last perm was in the early 1980s. The hairdresser fried my hair and it took a long time to recover. I've never wanted to do that again. :noway:

Heather: Writing is a gift for the writer and the reader. :flowerforyou:

Dr Katie: It wasn't a fluke! You are in Onederland!!!!! WTG. (I never thought it was a fluke.) :flowerforyou:

Penny: I've never seen a wild bear outside of Yellowstone Park, but across the fjord would be okay. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Your personal romance "how we met" story is a fun one. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos. :bigsmile:

Pip: WTG on the Physical Therapy and OPT! :smiley:

We have a drizzly morning and I don't mind a bit. Our landscape water system isn't on yet, and the plants need a drink! I'm planning on yoga this morning, shopping mid day, and a political fundraiser for a friend this afternoon/early evening. She is a member of our City Council but is running for County Commissioner. I'd hate to lose her on city council, but she'd be the best County Commissioner of the group that is running. I don't trust any of the others to play fair, not "good ol' boy" buddy favoritism.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Penny
    Did you see the Google splash page for Earth Day? It's a sad looking Polar Bear :(
    Here it is:
    kog42euxn3vo.jpg
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,
    Marcelyn, so glad you aren’t getting flooded but I really feel for all those affected. very-sad.gif

Lisa, some other exercises for arthritis in the hands include: (1) making big motions like you are playing a piano. 2) holding hands in a fist and then spring the fingers out as far as they will open (called “cat’s claw”) I normally do these in the morning to get my hands lubed up enough to work. I’d be interested to hear if anyone has had any luck with the gloves. Good luck.

Allie, you said, “well lugged the 2 heavy air conditioners up a flight stairs and got Tal's curtains up. orange oiled 2 bureau's and Tal's desk chair, was down here and walked the dogs, was watching for my brother's plane to fly over as we are on the flight path.. it did and I waved.. lol he didn’t see me, they did stop while I was up at dad's , he looks great!!!
    well now I am off to mow the lawn.” Now listen, friend, I’m just tired of you sitting around and doing nothing all day every day! You need to get up and get moving and once in a while do something for someone else. embarrassed-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif Man oh man I wish I had half of your energy or git up n go. You are the bomb. I hope you know how special you are!!! (((Hugs)))

CarolNC, thanks for the check in. Hope you are back to 100% real soon. (((Hugs)))

Heather, I guess I should say thank you but since I don’t speak Norwegian, for all I know you are saying something sneaky? LOL

Kay, that is too funny about your DH and the mower. Sometimes I just don’t understand men and they talk about how complex women are? But it is a sweet gesture. mowing-the-lawn-smiley-emoticon.gif

MicheleNC, I’m not surprised at all that the store clerk had to use a calculator to figure your change. Unfortunately many young people today have no idea how to do simple math. If you need rum for a recipe most of the liquor stores here sell the little airline size bottles. You could get one of those.

Chris, so sad to hear that PB has ended things. crying-smiley-emoticon.png I guess there is nothing to say other than we are all here with you. ((Hugs)) At least it’s nice to know there are still wonderful men out there.

CarolGA, I’ll admit that DH and I don’t have much social life either. He is just content to stay home with me but will go out when I ask. We go to dances at the Moose club once in a while but we don’t really have any couples friends here like we did when we were younger.

Lisa, you are so right about any building being expensive. Just this little bit of painting I’m going is outrageous to me. I’ve spent over $75 so far and may have go get more. That is just for some trim and shutters. Good grief! Great picture of you and your brother and sister. And I think your hair looks great!

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Thank you all for the early birthday wishes. Today it has a chance to rain so rather than paint I will prep the trim over the garage door and wash and prep the back door from the house to the garage. Our lab “licks” it every night while her dinner is being prepared and it gets gross. Plus she has licked half the paint right off of it. Thank goodness it’s not lead based like in the old days. So I’ll clean off all her slobber and sand it so I can paint it tomorrow. Then DH and I will take all the furniture from the screen porch out in the yard to wash…..not that there is any pollen on it or anything. While it’s empty, he will hose down the walls and clean the pollen out of it. I just hope it’s almost over so it won’t get coated again. BTW, my steak last night was good. The cook overcooked it a little but it was very tasty.I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Allie – Tom can’t even push a plug in by himself and he treats you the way he does?

Penny – good for you for pacing yourself - I get excited when I have a wood pecker in my yard, or a hawk, but a polar bear!!!

Chris – Oh I am so sorry ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Carol – could you take charge of that and start a social life for you and DH ?

Lisa – You can do the headlight! I’ve been doing mine for years! Great pic – the “fluff ball” do is actually way cute!

Ok so the next bit is long and all about me…. But I needed to share what is giving me hope and making me smile today…

So you are the first, I had something happen last night that I can’t tell anyone here about, until someone else tells their part first but I had to tell… so you guys are it… I’ll be leaving out some details as who knows who is lurking…

First, a bit of background – before 2008 when I had a reasonable paying corporate job I was saving for a retirement dream.. retire by 55-60 and move to the north coast of CA or southern coast of Oregon buy a small house with a large yard – plant it in flowers, veggies, herbs and open it to the local schools as a science location on botany…maybe let folks have tea parties in my yard… a bit of a day dream, but that is what it was.

2008 came and I got laid off, I accepted that my dream was gone, the retirement savings were not touched but the other savings got spent to survive. I still dream of retiring to the coast, but know that it will be when I am 70-80 and I may not be able to do all that I hoped both from a physical point of view and a time point of view. I have my business now and garden a ton, and while I don’t want to live here for the rest of my life I have built a fine life for myself..

Well the embroidery business is slow and I have to do things to pick it up, I also know there are a ton of changes with the camp program I teach at during the summer which may mean this is the last summer I chose to do camp. So looking short term, I need more income and soon, looking long term I need to create a more even cash flow stream. However all that said, I love my chaotic life I love the freedom of being my own boss, of different things at different times, the exercise of gardening, the joy of harvest, the fun of having kids try something they don’t think they’ll like, the joy on a kids face when their backpack has their name on it, a bride who’s dream of a decoration is realized. I love it all.

Yesterday I went to a sustainable food program with a friend from my garden club and over organic coffee and lentil chocolate chip cookies I told her I was looking for more gardening or embroidery work, and asked what she thought about approaching someone we both know about gardening in her yard. My friend took a deep breath and said well, I am thinking about something, I have only told my DH – I’m thinking about retiring, her job is to maintain a garden filled with flowers, herbs, vegies and is open to the local schools as a science location on botany, and for tea parties and weddings. One of the only reasons I have not decided for sure is I had no one to take over for me. This would be just 10 hours a week, pay is reasonable, of course I would have to interview, and it would not start until Aug 1, but ….. a dream may be fulfilled.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Chris!! ((((hugs))))

Yay, Kim!!! *crossed fingers*

Alison - That sounds totally like something my ex would have done.

Some idiots decided to play disc golf in the middle of the night and hit the "hole" right outside my bedroom window at 2:30 a.m.! I am so tired!! If they come back, I will go ahead and call the police since the idiots are trespassing -- parks close at dark unless it is for a structured soccer, lacrosse, or baseball game.

Just one last comment: Men are stupid!

Carol in NC
  • GodMomKim
    edited April 2016
    Options
    carol - I would have been opening the window and giving them the what for at 2:30 or would have let the dog out, he would have eaten their dumb disk!!!

BTW it is raining hard here! a winter storm?
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh, Kim, that is thrilling. Fingers crossed.

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ Hope your dream comes true.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    DJ Happy Belated Biithday! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Margaret
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Kim, crossing my fingers that the new development works out. Sounds like your dream come true.

Lisa, get to work on that sequel. You know I want to read it.

DJ, one day I'm going to make my posts look as cute as yours, but not today.....

Later,

K

• pipcd34
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,339 Member
    Options
    Kim - that sounds thrilling! I'm sure you will be perfect for the job. :flowerforyou:

Just having a nice glass of chilled Reisling before my roasted butternut squash with freshly made, home grown pesto and King prawns with home grown chilli and garlic. :D<3 Also sugar snap peas. Heaven!

Heather UK
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    heather - can I come for dinner?
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Chris ... Aww...so sorry...

Kim ... The garden work sounds great...crossing my fingers!

Lisa ... Add me to the list of readers waiting on your sequel!

Allie ...smh...

Beth