ride hm 2 gym- 13.21min, 13.3amph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 121c
    SPIN- 40min, 80ar, 93aw, 10-15g, 121ahr, 143mhr, 17.4mi = 318c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.09min, 12.1amph, 145mhr 1.4mi = 85c
    ride wk 2 hm- 17.43min, 9amph, 151mhr, 2.6mi = 177c
    total cal 701
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: Good to hear from you. I'm happy that the Ex DIL brought the kids to see your gallery opening for art walk. :smiley:

Heather: Happy to hear your DH worked out something more agreeable from your internet and cable provider. :flowerforyou:

Pollance: Congratulations on breaking the 200lb barrier. Welcome to onederland! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :star:

Good friends came to visit and stayed longer than we anticipated. They've gone home now. We always enjoy their company and this visit was wonderful. After they left we had some work to do straightening out boat registrations for DS's sailboat. We are now tired and ready for rest. Tomorrow I plan to take my foul weather jacket back to the store and exchange it for my favorite shade of blue. Keep your fingers crossed that that trade goes well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I placed my iPad this time????? I knew last time exactly here I had misplaced it.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of a DVD that was the lower body and then a total body. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Be Fit Go Beach Body DVD and the part of the Hot Body Boot Camp DVD

Marcelyn - I usually don't put a clear glaze on top of my "creations". I do put the glaze on the inside, tho, since these items will be outside. I also put the clear glaze on the bottom. The paint I usually use is the Duncan Clear Coat which I understand has a glaze in it. When I get the item home, I then cover it with Rust-Oleum Painters Touch 2X Ultra Cover Gloss Clear before I put the item out in the sunlight. Thanks for that link. I really wasn't happy to read that shiverine can occur years later! This article seems to indicate that you will get shivering, say, with one certain paint (like a red) since it has high levels of free silica. But there have been times when I've had something fired and it shivered. Used the exact same paint on another item and that item didn't shiver. I don't think there's anything I can do about the type of clay that's used.

Kim - I specifically chose those Loropetalum because they didn't get real tall. The only thing is....I'm not sure that the nursery where this lady goes has them in stock. I dont' know, maybe the catalog has the technical name and that's the generic name. I'll see her tonight so I'll ask her then. Update: she said to give them a call.

ljdw - trust me, you'll NEVER get to know everyone. I've been here for a few years and I still don't know everyone. Plus, people come and go. It's a great place to come to and know that you are always welcome, regardless how long it's been since you've been here. So sorry to hear about dh's diagnosis but glad it's treatable. Congrats on the loss!

KJ - probably another reason that we don't know our neighbors as well as we used to is because today people move about so often (we're in our 4th house). It used to be where you lived somewhere all your life.

katla - hope you get good neighbors, too.

Sylvia - sending you good vibes to feel better fast

Nikki - Woo hoo

Welcome everyone new!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    bjkidfun wrote: »
    Is it possible to get back 2 days I missed while out of town. I was up to 115 days and went away for the weekend and couldn't log in.

:) Here is the link to get your days reset....they don't ask questions about why you want it changed but they won't reset it to more days than you've actually been on MFP

https://myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Went to the gym today. Upped my weights by 5 lbs. Probably going to pay for that tomorrow. My daughter said that my arms look so much better than before so guess it's paying off.

Anne in Wisconsin

You might pay for upping your weights with some sore muscles, but you will be more than repaid by the benefits to your body.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this group!
    Weaving and pottery and gardening and pets and babies and home-brewed fiction, we've got it all right here. :love:

I went and got weighed and measured and photographed and turned in my testimonial...I could possibly win, at the local level, based on "inch loss" and my testimonial...the cash prize would pay for--you guessed it--more training sessions. :sweat_smile:
    That's out of my hands now...I've got 20 more pounds to lose, contest or no... Let's do this! :sunglasses:
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Went to the gym today. Upped my weights by 5 lbs. Probably going to pay for that tomorrow. My daughter said that my arms look so much better than before so guess it's paying off.

Anne in Wisconsin

You might pay for upping your weights with some sore muscles, but you will be more than repaid by the benefits to your body.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif

I LOVE that feeling!! :smiley:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Oh I love this group!
    Weaving and pottery and gardening and pets and babies and home-brewed fiction, we've got it all right here. :love:

I went and got weighed and measured and photographed and turned in my testimonial...I could possibly win, at the local level, based on "inch loss" and my testimonial...the cash prize would pay for--you guessed it--more training sessions. :sweat_smile:
    That's out of my hands now...I've got 20 more pounds to lose, contest or no... Let's do this! :sunglasses:

Don't forget my romantic novel......hahaha
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo~ I hope you win!!
  • MightyLolo
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Annr wrote: »

Don't forget my romantic novel......hahaha
    Becca

YESSS
    Annr wrote: »
    MightyLolo~ I hope you win!!

Thanks, meee tooooo!
  • smazingmom
    smazingmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How can I join this group? 51 year old who needs to lose 40 plus pounds. Need support and motivation
  • barbiecat
    Options
    smazingmom wrote: »
    How can I join this group? 51 year old who needs to lose 40 plus pounds. Need support and motivation

you joined just by posting....keep coming back and tell us more about yourself.....I am retired and share my life with my husband, two poodles, and a cat....I log my food every day and stay active walking my dogs, attending line dance classes, riding my exercise bike, and doing weight training.

:) Barbie from NW Washington
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I found my iPad!!!!!! Today my niece was telling me about his old hymnal someone gave her at work. So I wrote her back and told her about all the old hymn books I had, dating back to 1850. I also have an old cookbook with sections on how to clean house and properly act like a lady, a German grammar book and an old Danish book from the 1800's. The cat was doing a lot of sniffing around on the books and I didn't want her to do anything to them. So I went ahead and put them all back in my bookcase n my office. So later on I asked Charlie if he knew where my iPad was. We looked all over for it, in the process cleaning my bedroom and living room. I acted pretty nonchalant about knowing I would find it so I wouldn't worry him about it although he looked through the car, around our azalea bush, etc. now why he did those two things, who knows. Anyway I am a firm believer in prayer. I prayed about it and later I kept on being drawn to the bookcase. I was looking at the books and noticed one had a spine that was quite different! Sure enough it was my iPad. I was getting worried.. It is several years old and you can't buy hem as cheap as I got mine anymore at all.

Joyce, indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Joyce~ is there an app you can put on your phone to help find Ipad?
    well I should have known not to crawl around on a hard wood floor scrubbing paint of the floors without protection of my knee's. very very hard to move today.. and I am not going to the gym today and will do thigns around here.. going to feed DFIL today and then to work ,working 9:30-6 today
    Tom will be leaving tomorrow morning and driving down to Florida, he will be driving 95 down to Delaware and then taking 301 which goes all the way down into Florida, but he might hop back on to 95 at some point. instead of trying to get down there in 2 days he will take 2 1/2 and because he is taking his electric car, he has mapped out places he can stop at and charge the car...
    my dad has belonged to Al-Anon for over 40 yrs and since my brother is staying sober there is a meeting friday night that dad goes to. so Sean and Jean and I will be going as this is an anniversary meeting..
    with Tom being gone, I can do what I want within reason. So long as the boys are taken care of and the house is all set.. so I can do the rest of the floor at my dad's and start scrubbing down bathroom...
    there is a car show that honors a friend of mine this weekend ,might go to that..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Yikes, i am off the rails with my emotional eating and poor choices. Blaming workstress, i am .....somebody send in the boot!!!!

I think i am going to find that book someone recommended, "emotional agility" i will let you know how that goes.

Karen from ny

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!
    Nikki- Congrats on Onederland! I am working my way down that way and hope to join you soon!
    Larisa- Winning your contest would be great, but I am sure you know you have already won...;)
    Anne- your new profile pic looks great! I love your hair! You might feel the five pounds for a couple of days, but your arms will get used to it and look even better!
    Joyce- getting a giggle over your search for the iPad. I went through this with my purse a few years back and found it after two weeks of searching, in the freezer, under a couple pounds of burger and frozen food! I guess I "unpacked and put away" my purse at the same time as my groceries! There is an app you can download on your phone to help you find lost electronics...I just saw it on a news segment last month.

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Going to try something different today with my logging. Going to log all of my meals this morning, and see if I can stay true to the plan. Anyone else log this way? Does it work better for you than logging after you eat? I am hoping the pre-recording of the meal will give me an extra bit of accountability to eat the way I planned.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CJ - Yours is an even more developed version of us marveling about distances this winter. When my husband and I went south this winter on our driving trip, we found it marvelous that we could drive from Beaumont, Texas, to Pensacola, Florida, passing through three other states on the way--Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama--so five states in only a bit over 6 hours. He's from Alaska and I'm from Texas, so distance to another place for us has always been a factor--even more so for him, than me, because you can't get from Haines, AK, to anyplace but Canada using roads.

On the laptop thing--don't know if you use yours at a desk or actually use it on your lap--but one of the things I do with my laptop is hook it up to a small TV. I think the one I'm using here at the ranch is a cheap little 22 or 23 inch. I've got a larger one at the warehouse for the same purpose. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse (also cheap), so can sit anywhere in the room where I can get a good look at the TV, and the laptop stays near the television, hooked to it with an HD cord.

I am staying at the ranch today, and taking a day OFF. I may do a little minor house cleaning, but my energy tank is drained, and I need a day to recover. The DH and I spent Sunday framing up walls at the warehouse and shifting things around so they can deliver the tub and surround, as well as lumber and drywall, for the new bathroom on Thursday. Then Friday morning, we're driving back to my sister's, this time with the Super Duty Extended van, for a trailer load. Literally. They have a 15x8 trailer they're going to let us use indefinitely, long story, but it belonged to the son who committed suicide a few months back. They prefer it be in West Texas, but in use, so it's great for them and for us.

Lisa in sunny, hot West Texas (93 yesterday)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the biggest reason people don't know their neighbors anymore- TELEVISION! And now all the other electronics we have!

I have a front porch on my house, and it sits very close to the sidewalk in front. And I do spend time sitting on my porch. I take books out there and read, my coffee in the morning, and often visitors will sit out there - especially smokers (not allowed in my house) or people allergic to cats. I have a swinging couch that swings from a metal frame. It is from the 40s I think. I put pretty fabric over the cushions since they are pretty gnarly after all these years. I have a lounge chair (like those around pools) from the 50s. I cover its cushions because they are just ugly. I have a wrought iron table and chairs on the other side of the porch- the chairs are hot pink to match the trim on the house. I will try to take a photo this week. A lot of people in town walk for exercise and will stop and chat for a while. They also stop and chat if I am working in my yard. Sometimes I will send them off with a start of a plant that they admire.