Options

Replies

• WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    May Late Night Snacking Goals Update:
    • Eat nothing after 9pm 27/31 nights. 12/27
    • Eat nothing after 10pm 4/31 nights of my choice. 0/4
    • Choose to adult, instead of impulse today.

Me: 12* :smile:
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 147

Adults devise a plan and follow it.
    Children do what feels good.
    Maturity is the ability to delay pleasure.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    05/09:

Me: 4
    LNS: 5

I didn't do too bad last night (Sunday) but Friday and Saturday night were pitiful, as @freakymistkd said, mindless eating during commercial breaks is my downfall. The TV never goes off in my house, my DH is incapable of going more than 10 minutes without the mindless noise of the TV in the background (I've tried turning it off after he goes to sleep, he wakes immediately and complains). So lots of TV watching going on and many opportunities for mindless grazing. I would go to bed earlier and therefore skip the additional temptation, but I have to stay up to help him with his medications and to get him to bed at night. If I don't, he will sit and sleep in his wheelchair.... of course, when he does that I feel really guilty but I do enjoy the peace & quiet of no TV in the bedroom! When he sleeps in the bed, the TV is on (low volume but still audible) and I have to sleep with my phone earplugs in and a blanket over my face to block out the flashing light.

I know your pain! My husband swears he can't sleep without the TV on and will even wake up for a split second at night and if it's off, will turn it back on without even waking up completely, I swear. I have even set a timer for it to go off when he is asleep but it always comes back on, waking me up and irritating me to no end. He is also one who has to have the noise in the background even if he is on the computer watching Netflix or YouTube. Last night, I went to bed with no TV and woke up this morning to no TV...one of the most successful nights of sleep I've had in a long, long time. AND guess what? He's still sleeping, soundly, with no TV on! Hmmm...wonder how that's happening since he 'can't' sleep without it being on!
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    May goals - third month of this challenge.

No snacking after dinner 27/31 nights. 10/27
    Can snack after dinner 4/31 nights. 3/4
    Allowed a piece of fruit on work nights.

May 13

Me - 13*
    LNS - 0
    Streak 13

Overall streak-29/Previous Longest Streak-14

Not sure how much longer I can keep holding my streak for. I've already used three of my four snacking after dinner nights and we aren't quite halfway through the month yet. Definitely going to take some pretty serious willpower in the second half of this month.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    May goals
    No snacking after 9 p.m. 18/21 nights. 2/18
    Can snack after 9 p.m. 3/21 nights. 0/3

Me: 2

I got hungry almost exactly at 9 p.m. and if it wasn't for this challenge, I probably would have had a snack and been over my calorie goal! :smile:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    Options
    May Goals I have set my cutoffs an hour earlier this month.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,092 Member
    Options
    ~~~Goals for May~~~
    No eating dinner after 8:00
    No snacking after 9:00 (only fruit)

May 13

Me 13*
    Streak: 13
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    May

Me: 13

Streak: 77
  • kmoser83
    kmoser83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ln:1
    Me: 0
    :(
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    Options
    May Goals I have set my cutoffs an hour earlier this month.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 13*
    Streak: 43

I'm down my daughters house. So many temptations! So far, so good with the shut off time. :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,092 Member
    Options
    ~~~Goals for May~~~
    No eating dinner after 8:00
    No snacking after 9:00 (only fruit)

May 14

Me 14*
    Streak: 14