Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day all! This goes for all of the women with children of their own; whether you you are loving furry kids, biological children, other peoples children...you are still "mothering" and still leaving your special imprint on some one's life! Got up early and prepped a meal for my in laws. My dh is sick, so I am heading over to his folks place to make them a light lunch of sandwiches, salad, and fried green tomatoes and I am bringing them a dinner to eat either tonight or when they feel they don't want to cook. We don't have $$ for flowers or a gift for MIL so I am taking her the flowers I got from my dh. Seem weird? I found the flowers on the table this morning with a card from my son (which I loved). I enjoyed the surprise and looked at the flowers while I cooked. But I think she will enjoy them, too. And she will never know that some one else enjoyed them first, right?
    Going to stop in and see a friend at the hospital, who is there with her son who overdosed last night. He is a junior in high school. Makes my heart hurt to see her hurting and know/not know what her son is going through that would make him feel that this would be an option. Love and hugs to all <3 Thinking of you, Rori and your family's loss, and all others who have suffered the loss of a child.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You lot seem to live quite exciting lives ! Over here it's so quiet the only excitement is if the cows escape from the fields !
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Allie, glad to hear DFIL is doing good.

Lisa, the sale items look great. Hope you make lots of $$$$.

Pip, give Floyd a BD hug for me. He’s just too cool. wishing-a-happy-birthday-smiley-emoticon.gif

Heather, glad you had a good anniversary celebration. Great pic of DH and DGS. Both very handsome men!!! Your food all sounds amazing. Yum yum steak.gif

Katla, thanks for the pic of the sea lion. Just not something we have on the east coast. Sorry they bark so loud at night, though. (later) So happy you get to see the DD and DGK for Mother’s Day. Have fun.

Joyce, I hope DH finds you something nice. shopping-spree-smiley-emoticon.gif I hope you can enjoy your dinner without too much pain. I’m sending healing thoughts as strong as I can. (((Hugs))) flossing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nikion, I have gotten to where I look at the nutritional label of everything I buy. Even have DH in the habit since he is the main grocery shopper in the family. shopping-smiley-emoticon.gif I used to look at price first but not anymore. Lol

Janetr, I hope you don’t overdo with all that lifting but how wonderful that you are able to do it. Isn’t live different on the lighter side? I still marvel at things I can do now and I still have more weight to lose.

Lillian, I can’t believe what the poor people up there are going through. Some of the pictures look so scary of what they have to drive through to try to get to safety. I’m praying it will end soon and not get to your area but please stay safe. (((Hugs)))

Joyce, that is one busy Red Lobster in your area! Glad a good time was had by all.

MicheleNC
    , you are probably right about the price of shipping paint. Postage along with everything else has gotten to be very expensive. mail-man-smiley-emoticon.gif What was that about “Nail polish flavored with DFC?” Is that really something that is sold???? ROFL

Rori
    , sending warm thoughts for you and your niece. That is a horrible thing to have to go through and I’m sure this Mother’s Day will be especially hard for her.

Margaret, glad you aren’t posting because you are just too busy and no problems to prevent it. I’m doing more around the house and garden than I have in years, but just figured out it’s because I can. Losing weight has so many benefits, it’s just great.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    I woke up this morning to a nice handwritten card from DH and our little poodle, Pepper. Pepper said I may not be his mommy but I’m as close as he can remember. DH will take me to the beach today as a special gift. It should be a beautiful day with temps in the mid 80’s. I spent a number of hours yesterday doing committee work and getting things organized for that. I just love it when I have things organized and therefore easy to do a good job.
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. relaxing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Designer20698
    Designer20698 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day to all. Hello, I'm new here...MFP and this thread. I just dropped my membership to Weight Watchers and now looking for a new support group. I found this thread as it said for women 50+. That would be me. LOL! From what I've read so far you all sound like a wonderful group of women that I would like to become part of. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
    Bridget
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day, mama. She's been with Jesus for over 8 years, but hardly a day goes by that I don't think of her, or say something to Jack and tell him my Mom used to always say that. She was only 16 in this picture, taken around 1936.
    xwdzjms8ju4a.jpg
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day to everyone. Spending my day with my fur baby today. Maybe some yard work.

StephanieJane feel the same way about everyones life here also. Feel mine is pretty mundane and boring. Lol

No gym today can go back tomorrow. Going to the gym makes a big difference to my attitude and how I feel about myself.

Hope you all enjoy your day.

Anne from Wisconsin

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Heather: Enjoy your DSIL's visit! :bigsmile:

Silverstar: Good news on the A1C, but I'm sorry to hear about the arthritis and degenerative disc disease. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Jake is a treasure. Happy Everyday! :smiley:

Lilymay: I'm keeping the dry areas of Canada in my prayers. I hope moisture comes soon. :sad:

Lisa: Congrats on all of your accomplishments. :flowerforyou:

Meg: Happy Birthday! :star:

Bridget: Welcome! To find us again click the star at the top of the page. It will turn yellow. Then you can find us any time by clicking the gray star at the right side of the Community page. :star:

Anne from Wisconsin: Your life doesn't seem mundane to me, but you've had some tough times recently. It is time to start having fun again! Simple pleasures are lovely, which is why I always set a goal to have fun every day. It helps me notice the good things. :heart:

Sue from WA: DH made chocolate chip oatmeal for my Mother's Day breakfast! YUM!!! Thanks for the recipe again. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers of human children and all the mothers of animal children! I plan to take my mom flowers at the cemetery today. I have rhododendrons and Iris in bloom.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

May Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lillian and Margaret, the smoke from the fires made it all the way to Iowa yesterday. It was so smoky!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day ladies~
    Love ya all lots.. went and fed DFIL and then came home have a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf in oven for Tom, and will feed him that and some mashed potato's before I leave, Doris' kids are throwing her a 85 birthday party/mother's day party so I will be going to that, and my dad will be going too.. still gloomy and yucky here,hoping it leaves, it sure doesn't feel like May more like March.... Tom will wash his car and hang here..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,687 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

happy moms day!

barbicat - i c your husband did get u a moms day gift after all :0)

feeling a bit worse than yesterday. glad i was able to get the 11 mi out of the way yesterday, even under a 10 minute mile, that was surprising. today i have a scratchy throat, runny nose and a headache.

yesterday called mom to wish her happy moms day. then called my sis and she said that some of the family were going to her house to get together, it was a surprise, she didn't know, that was nice of them.
    got to take the bug w/the top down for some errands after i got hime from the gym, kirby was home from work and took the cover off. one of his rims on his wooden bike got fixed, we'll see how it rides for him.

later peeps
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day ladies! I rec'd some funds into our account via middle son. Love that child....even out on the Big Blue in the Navy, he can still help out and be so darn caring :-) His wife sent me an email from her ship, which was sweet. I have only really visited with her off and on, but she's a sweet child and brings out the best in my son. Plus, when they were visiting last October, I found out that, when she isn't in uniform, she wears mis-matched socks. Funny. I have seen some really cute knitted socks purposely mis-matched but with similar colors that I want to get her for Christmas :-)
    Well hoping to hear from eldest son today, and I am ordering (politely now) my youngest son around today.

Becca
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    You lot seem to live quite exciting lives ! Over here it's so quiet the only excitement is if the cows escape from the fields !

:) My life is simple and I love it. I have a simple routine for all my days. When people ask me about my life, I tell them "Dogs, dancing, hubby....who could ask for anything more" I love reading about what is happening in the lives of all my friends on this thread and I am grateful for their friendship and for my simple life.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..." Tibetan proverb---borrowed from Katla

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. Am sitting here all by my little self. Well the cat is beside me. I am driving her crazy because I still have my dress pants on because we are all going out to Cracker Barrell and I won't let her sit on my lap. I generally hang my pants up real nice and wear them another day before washing them. I have only had them on for 4 hours. So she is mad. My brother is paying for the whole bunch which is 15 people today. Don't know where he gets the money but that's OK. Husband and Michelle are back out again today. I had her go through my jewelry to get a sense of what I wear. She didn't like some of the things yesterday, said they looked like things my Mom would wear. Well I do wear some of those things. Like I showed Charlie Christopher Banks web site and he saw a yellow pineapple necklace. He hated it. I have it on right now. He wants to buy me some thing that is his style for me, not my style for me. Now both my girls have opened my eyes to buy some things that would be for the younger set and I enjoy them. My dear MIL opened my eyes to wearing brighter clothes and I love them.

I have though a lot today about some of you that have to see all these wonderful cheerful messages on Face book and here about happy mothers day and some of you don't want to remember your Mom or the fact you wanted to have children and never could. One of my favorite woman I love to think about today is an unmarried woman who kind of took a family of children under her wings and was such a wonderful influence to these 3 children for many years. She was a better Mom to those children than their biological Mom was. So today I think of you women.

As I said, my brother and his wife are taking us ALL out to dinner today. He made sure and paid for his brother's meal yesterday since he left this morning. I know that I had told my oldest daughter that it was OK that she not be here this weekend but because everyone was here. except the nephews and all the children, it was jsut adults!!!! But because everyone else was here, I do miss her and her loving, gentle self.

How did I miss this chocolate chip oatmeal recipe going around. Can it go around again so I can get it? Anything chocolate chip has to be good.

Barbie, I must say your day today was very unique to you.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    kjlb0plcqaiy.jpg

In honor of Mother's Day, here is a photo of my mother (and my father and sister...I am the one in the orange blouse)
  • Annr
    Options
    oooh had a bearclaw for breakfast and coffee! Then red beans and rice for lunch, (that I turn into a burrito with tomatoes and cheese).
    Hugs all....
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Eldest son called and wished me Happy Mom Day. Doing his laundry....and he tells me hes getting a roommate so his stuff is safe when he has to go out to sea... Mixed feelings about that. I told him to just lock his stuff up. He might trust the guy that he put on the lease with him, but not maybe his friends. Just being worried momma bear I suppose. He will be able to hopefully come home here for an early Christmas/Thanksgiving in Nov.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I can relate! I have clothes I wear at home (jeans and tees with holes in them from the cats) and clothes I wear to go places that I put on immediately prior to leaving the house. I take them off as soon as I get home. That includes the bra- I am allergic to latex and elastic is latex. So is spandex. So they make my skin itch, hurt, and turn red. I am finding as I get older and just don't care what people think anymore, I am forgoing the bra even for trips to the store.

Here is my mom on one of her "manic" days. She was also a bit inebriated since she was drinking sangria with the professional photographer.
    bih5eb0puuir.jpg

And this is the poem my oldest adopted daughter wrote for our first official Mother's Day. It made me cry.
    dd41b0j4642n.jpg
    iase3xfny6zt.jpg
    834b3ge8hrpz.jpg
    ia5xbrxebg8m.jpg

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Oh Miriam... Goose bumps!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,687 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:
    jog- 32.19min, 5.5sp, start 1.0incl, every 1/2mi increased .5 incl, last 1/2mi incr speed 6.4-7.0sp ending w/3.5incl. 133ahr, 160mhr, 3mi
    total cal 350

nothing like running w/a snotty nose