Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,682 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Pip ... Of course they responded to your email ... Yay!

Karen NY ... Part of my funk revolves around the younger son graduating.... And leaving home soon. His anxiety/migraine issues are ramping up which affects my stress levels. Then add in "prom drama" ... Arghh... These soon to be adults can be very insensitive. So sorry your daughter is sad at a time that should be joyous.

Heather ... Love the wedding photo!

Carol NC ... Binging and its psychology ... Where do we start?! I have yet to master how to prevent or control a binge once started. As I told my PA this morning (who recorded my 30 pound gain) ... I didn't slip and fall off the wagon ... I hit the springboard and made a swan dive! I do like Karen's in Virginia suggestions.

Have you tried a product called Meal Enders? They're mints covered in a bittersweet chocolate that are made to help with binges and the feeling of "ending" the meal. They're expensive imo but they do help. Small... A little sweet ... Followed by a tingling mint ... 15 cals. Seems to work better for me than regular mints. Google them.

Larissa ... "Gaining control" was the best part of that list! Congratulations!

Lisa .... A mayor has to wear a business suit!? I think you have enough moxy to change that!

Rosie ... I very much understand the disappointment in gaining ... I'll never belittle slow weight loss again either!

Doctor's PA changed my BP med, first time since I started on one ... Stress is getting the upper hand ... Must change that. Along with free for all eating and couch sitting...

No time like the present... So off I go!

Beth near Buffalo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,339 Member
    Options
    Thank you those people - CJ, Alison - who suggested the Calm app. I put it on my phone this afternoon. :D I like the pics and sound effects very much, so it could be worth it just for that!
    I am roaring towards finishing the Norwegian course on Duolingo. I have 14 sections left with 10 days to go, so should manage it. Today I looked at the Norwegian Phrase Book that I bought last year and it all makes sense now. Then I didn't even know how to pronounce the most basic things. I forget vocabulary as soon as I've learnt it, but something must have gone in. Pity I won't have much chance to use it.
    Had my wonderful fish soup tonight. :D

Talked about Lasting Power of Attorney at the pub with the yoga group. I mentioned it AGAIN to DH . It looks as if we can do it ourselves online, which would be hugely less expensive than using a solicitor. Might try that when we get back from the cruise.

Love Heather UK
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth you get off that couch. I know you can get up and move if I can do it and I am a slug at the end of the day.
    Crying in the car think it's time to get the calm app. Off I go!! Karen from ny
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Edited my profile on here. Thinking of it like a re-dedication of sorts. Time to plow forward. Time to appreciate how my taste buds have changed over the course of a year. Just had my 3 individual prunes and they are so sweet like candy. Decided to have a large breakfast, and substantial dinner today. So just small things during the day. I will probably just inhale my fish and pasta meal tonight! Planning on a nice walk this afternoon. Shall walk 30 minutes away from the apartment, and 30 minutes back home. Probably shall walk the "Riverwalk trail" because its been awhile. This is what I am blessed to see, (except it won't be so sunny, a bit overcast today).

002_zps1grqaih8.jpg

001_zpsz2l1cosp.jpg

Enjoy the Day all!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday morning from wet and rainning Nebraska. Had some hail last evening and sounds like we could get more today. Weigh in this morning was not good, I am up 2 pounds, could of been worse so not going to let it get me down. Today is a new day and I am back to logging all my food.
    Barbie please tell Mary--Congrates on the new twin grand daughters. I pray they grow and get stronger and that things can work out for you to be able to see them and be part of thier lives. I can relate to blended families and ex's. Not easy.
    Heather--beautiful cake and dress.
    It is so nice to read about my friends and feel like a part of the family. Prayers and hugs to all. Sounds like we are in for more storms this evening. Love the sounds of rain.
    Blessings, Vicki Grand Island-NE
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Awww Pip. So nice that they not only specifically remembered you but ill do a feature article on him. What an awesome couple you two are. I can only hope they feature you also.

Had quite a delimma last night. In one of Charlie's really loose stools he could actually identify one of his medicines he takes for his ulcerative colitis. He takes Lialda orally every day and then his every 2 months infusion. So he questions if he has really getting optimum treatment for this if the Lialda isn't being absorbed. Well I think it isn't absorbed until it gets to the colon and then it is actually dispersed as a coating throughout the colon. So I just point blank asked him if he was wanting to go back to the drawing board and yes he was thinking about it. Knowing that the GI office is open at 7AM he got up and called them and talked to his doctor and they also had the surgeon call him since his underlying fear through all this is not waking up.All he remembers about the last death after surgery was my Dad who only woke up a few hours after surgery then he must have had a fatal heart attack and the doctors 'kept' im alive until the next Monday. So i corrected him that Dad did wake up. The surgeon told him all that would be monitoring before during and after surgery.So we went ahead today and got his lab and xrays that he should have gotten yesterday. Now he is just trying to decide what he wants to eat tonight since e will be at my sister's tomorrow night. We went to the grocery store this afternoon to try to get his clear liquids for Thursday. He is a stubborn man. It's jello and coke all day for him. No ices, no broths, no hi-C.

Can't remember who posted the wedding picture. I really love the neckline and was wondering if that was a necklace or some kind of lace overlay you built into it. Sure is beautiful.

Sylvia oh Sylvia, where are you?????? We miss you.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Made beer can chicken on the grill tonight. Have not made it since last summer. To hard during the winter it was good and healthy.

Thanks to all who had flower suggestions for me. Will try and decide this weekend what to plant.

Going to try and stay busy this weekend rain or shine. My ex husband abandoned me on memorial day so that has always been a little rough for me. Going to try and go into the day with a positive attitude. Fake it till you make it they say.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Wow, I took my eyes off of this group for just a bit and there were over 100 new entries!! The only way to catch up is to skip to the end and begin there for tomorrow.
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Beth and Karen I also have graduations this month. My daughter just graduated from college. I was very weepy when they were marching out. Then they started calling all 660 names of the business school graduates and I lost all sentiment and just wanted them to hurry up :smile: My son is graduating high school and after much debate picked a school college close to home. So although he's my sidekick and I'll miss him, at least he'll be close. Not much drama for Prom, but I think that's a boy thing. Girls are different and yes, they can be mean. It's all positioning and hard to stay out of.

Kayla I also thought the Sea Lion was a reference to your DH. But even though it wasn't, I'm going to put that nickname on my own DH! It's just perfect for a snorer.

Still tracking. 3 day streak...have to start somewhere.

Have a good evening.

Kimses in MA
  • Annr
    Options
    Doing good so far today, but feeling hungry....its right before I have to make hamburgers for teen and son, so that isn't fun. Shall have my cup of coffee while I am fixing both dinners. Like some greasy spoon line cook! I won't gulp it though....unless it gets cold, then I SHALL!

Some great words to mentally nibble on:

Every meal is a snack and every snack is a meal.

Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.

Take pleasure in persevering. That is what separates those who keep pushing forward from those who throw in the towel.

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

There are no bad foods, only bad food habits.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain!

In the available dessert calories competition of life, pie always win.

Eating is designed to ruin your appetite.

(the most important one in my book)
    Losing weight isn't the key to happiness, happiness is the key to losing weight.

Pip~ Glad your letter was recognized and will be featured!!! You both deserve it, with all your determination and drive that you have! It's inspirational.

Katla~ I am not fond of the sea lions either. When I walked the Riverwalk in Astoria, the sound of them just bored into my brain after awhile.

Time for my tilapia making!
    Hugs to each of yas'
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Kimses in MA~ You will be transitioning along with your HS son graduating and leaving home. I am not looking forward to it! This July we shall be signing our HS teen into the Navy. I shall have all summer, and then next year (his senior year) but still, I know I shall have to mentally let go of the boy. Glad yours shall be close by. A comfort! When I have watched my sons get picked up by the recruiters and I don't hear "hide no hair" of them its really stressful, but there isn't any communication between family and them, (except a really rushed call that is mandatory and just saying they made it to boot camp). Then you get the dreaded box with all the clothes and items they had on them before they stripped to put on their uniforms. My eldest sons pants were in a wad like he just had jumped out of them...his socks still at the bottom. Crazy!!

Ok ok really time to make tilapia...I am really hungry now!
    Becca
    Hungry as a hyena in
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.03min, 13.4amph, 148mhr, 2.9mi = 105c
    SKI MACHINE- 40min, 154mhr, 134ahr, 120avstpmin, 10incl, 30resist, 1.91mi = 373c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.37min, 12.8amph, 149mhr, 1.4mi = 80c
    ride dome 2 hm- 51.47min, 11.7amph, 152mhr, 10.1mi = 442c
    total cal 1000 even! that will never happen again
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Joyce – you might want to mention the restless sleep to your doc. I wish we could be there with you! Is the waiting room big enough for all of us?

Karen – pretty dress!

Barbie – sending good thoughts to you and Jake….

Pip – great dog memories! And pictures

Lisa – the layout looks great and looks like if you and DH needed to live there you could…

Heather - the entertaining is more than ½ over and I am beat…. Today I only left to walk the dog and told all my clients I was unavailable, I just wanted a quiet day me, the dog and work… smiling on “que” seemed like too much work. But I can say it all has gone great, I did a wonderful cream of asparagus soup at very few calories- if anyone is interested I can put the recipe up here. Also made watermelon gelato low in calories too!!

Becca – you can be my sister too ….

Katla – loved the sea lion video, I played it and Levi (dog) was running around looking for the barking animal…. Too funny

Heather – great dress and cake! So nice to hear of a wedding that was not all store bought.

Michele – you look great in yellow! Cute sweater and the cake is so perfect and simple…

I did get on the scale this morning and only gained ½ a pound which considering the house guest wanted hot breakfast every day – sausage, eggs and toast each day, a full lunch and dinner – so glad I cook I was able to fix a lot of lower calorie things to help and then portion control.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michelle in NC – Surprisingly, my Neurologist WAS Johnny-on-the-spot. I got in to see him the Monday after I had it on Thursday. Fridays … well you can’t ‘buy’ a MD after Noon; and DH had already gone into town to work by the time I got up. Not able to drive, of course, for 6-months (provided I don’t have another seizure). He actually sat down on his stool and roller over to me. He upped my Lamictal; and, I have to have a level done for the Lamictal and Dilantin. Hopefully, upping it by 100mg a day will work for me. He understands why I don’t really want to ‘up’ the Dilantin. I think he’ll take me off it and raise the Lamictal instead.
    I wore a teal colored dress much like your yellow one to my DYS’s wedding last May. But, I have dropped from an 18 to a 12; and, it really could not easily be altered.

Barbiecat – Many prayers going up for those precious little ones. … Were they your DH’s granddaughters or was it from ‘another piece from Mary’s email:’?

Rosie in So Cal – My Mother used to tell us the same thing. I know when I had my accident on the 3rd; I was worried about them ‘cutting off my new top’. First day I had worn it; but, they did not have to take it off. The EMT could tell that I had been buckled in by looking down the top edge. I had been hit and my pocketbook fell off the seat; and, I unbuckled to reach for my phone. More worried about cancelling MD appointment and lunch appointment that I did not realize I had been knocked out in the process. My head still hurts; but, they’ve done CT scans and a MRI, and regular x-rays … my brain is still there and not cracks or bruises.

Janetr – I agree with you about when you reach menopause.

Joyce – My Daddy was supposed to have surgery to repair a thinning spot in one of his major blood vessels; and, asked that the MD not do it until AFTER Christmas. He ended up having a stroke on the x-ray table before the surgery. After that my Mother told the MD that he had had bad dreams about the surgery (doing it before Christmas) … and putting it off. MD told them that he ‘wished’ they had told him that because he might not have decided to do the surgery. Even though it it ‘burst’ it would have meant immediate death.
    When I had my wreck back on the 3rd, never saw the car, never heard any brakes squealing; all I remember was seeing a ‘bright’ light … and my thought at that moment was … “I’m DEAD!” Then everything went black, then another bright light when I got pushed into a metal utility pole. I grabbed my cellphone and called my MD’s office to cancel my physical; and, then cancelled lunch with my BF. She wanted to know if I wanted her to come; and, I hung up on her. That was scary to me. Next thing I heard was someone screaming, ‘where the HELL does he think he is going, he’s walking away from the car and on his cellphone, and somebody saying ‘keep an eye on him’. Then the EMTs jerking my door open. I had just put my cellphone up on the dashboard. I had unbuckled myself to reach the phone. He asked me ‘if I had been buckled up’. I told him, ‘yeah, I never go anywhere in a vehicle without being restrained’ … he pulled the neckline of my top out and turned around and told the policeman … ‘we have a restrained female, incoherent’. I don’t remember the ride to the ER; I must have blacked out or gone to sleep. I do remember seeing my DH and DOS standing beside the car.
    Waiting for the car to be ‘fixed’ and had a seizure … so I can’t drive the rental and won’t be able to drive my car when I get it back. Since Jan of 2012 … I’ve been on 5 6-month driving restrictions. I guess it won’t be long until ‘someone’ decides that I need to have someone “Driving Miss Daisy”. I hate not being able to get in my car and go whenever I want and wherever I want. It’s a ‘bummer’.

Lenora
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

MicheleNC, you look fantastic! And the dress looked really nice too. I like the sweater and like you said, you’ll get lots of use out of it.

Joyce, so glad Christina is going to be with you. Wow, 14 pounds!! That is unreal. Hope you are feeling better.

Beth, I think many of us need those reminders about our health. Thanks.

Barbie, thanks for sharing the pictures of Mary’s new grandbabies. They are so tiny.

Heather, I love the wedding picture. You were a beautiful bride and the cake is very impressive.

Lisa, so glad you are liking your job. Sorry that your DH isn’t so much. Sending good thought to both of you along with (((Hugs))).

Allie, I can’t imagine what all the people around there would do without you! You just never cease to amaze me and I sure wish I had your energy.

Rosi, that is the right attitude. We can never give up!!!!

CarolGA, I hope you can get a solution to the lack of sleep. It can make such a difference in our day. (((Hugs)))

Katla, so sorry Jabba the Hut was at it again. Don’t you have a gun in the house?? *Just Kidding. Don’t you all start in on me.*

Betty, sorry you were feeling blue but so happy to hear that you were trying to focus on something positive. So often that can make a difference in our day. (((Hugs)))

Karen, a HUGE Congrats on fitting into that dress. I’m glad you are going to have people over for your DD. I’m sure you’ll do fine. It’s just all about planning ahead. Just think that we are all there with you and you don’t even have to talk to those other people. Lol

Pip, that is wonderful news to know they will do a feature on Kirby. What a special surprise. You are a pretty good wife, I’m thinkin’. (((Hugs)))

Larisa, so happy to hear of your successes. Just stay with us and we will cheer you through the next years of your journey. Way to go!!!

CarolNC, so happy for you that DS got a vehicle. I know they can take their own sweet time. At least you know you are eating things you shouldn’t so hopefully you will get a handle on it soon.

Meg, sorry you were sick but so glad to hear you are feeling fine now.

Janetr, good ideas on menopause but a little late for me.

Heather, glad to hear you were able to discuss the Lasting Power of Attorney with DH. If you can do it online that would definitely save some money.

Becca, that is a nice place to walk. I still find it amazing how relaxing water can be, just to see it.

VickiNE, I hope the storms don’t cause any damage. Stay safe.

Joyce, I hope Charlie doesn’t stress himself too much about the waking up. I know it’s a concern for all of us but I hate for him to get so worried about it. I am getting really concerned about Sylvia, too. I sure wish she’d check in.

Anne, I know Memorial Day has to be a hard one for you but try to look at it this way: He wasn’t worthy of you and you are so much better off without him. You try to remember the reason for the day and help celebrate.

All this talk of plants reminded me. On GMA this morning they did a lengthy piece on Sago Palms and how poisonous they are to animals. They said that some places they are marked and other stores they don’t bother. I didn’t know that and we do have one but it’s not where the dogs bother it. Just in case any of you didn’t know, they can kill a dog if it eats any part of it. I just wanted to take a nap after lunch but I went to line dancing like a good girl. I did really well and was able to dance for a full hour and a half. Tomorrow I have “the Big Squeeze”. It’s always so weird to not be able to put on deodorant. LOL I’m worn out so going to bed. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and I’m sending lots of (((Hugs))).
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. happy-in-the-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you,happy-love-heart-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC