married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    FTR though, I'm not looking, but I will flirt and goof off.
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What's pretty ironic (although I'm not judging individuals) is that unhappily married people would come to this thread; like if you're unhappy in your marriage, wouldn't you lurk the singles thread?

Single is way different than unhappily married

My point was, if you're unhappy and looking for attention/conversation...one would think you'd subject yourself in a thread that has singles (if you're after a new catch), not subject yourself to a majority that is married and presumably happy, as this thread is intended for married chit-chatters which inadvertently implies happily married.

i dont think singles can ever understand whats it like to be married...hence y sometime u yearn for some attention form another like married person who is in the same boat and will have a lot more in common...if that makes sense
  • Manly_hood
    Manly_hood Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Happily married but hey, looking never hurt anyone ;):D
    Exactly
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

lol...more like innocently looking round
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't happily married I think I would start me own thread. Something called....hmm Cheaters wanted or really I am separated just haven't changed address yet. Yeah that's what I'd do. *hint hint*
  • jnichel
    Options
    If I wasn't happily married I think I would start me own thread. Something called....hmm Cheaters wanted or really I am separated just haven't changed address yet. Yeah that's what I'd do. *hint hint*

You're one of them temptresses, aren't you? ;)
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

It has been my experience that "looking" is a very slippery slope. What does anyone else think? I believe no matter how good one's relationship is, the "grass-is-greener" fallacy can happen regardless especially on the internet.
  • jnichel
    Options

It has been my experience that "looking" is a very slippery slope. What does anyone else think? I believe no matter how good one's relationship is, the "grass-is-greener" fallacy can happen regardless especially on the internet.

Depends on the "looking". I've been married for a long time now, but I'm always looking for people to goof off with online. I look for new friends in real life, but I'm not going to go behind my wife's back to get laid or start a relationship with someone else.
  • Lonestar5715
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Depends on the "looking". I've been married for a long time now, but I'm always looking for people to goof off with online. I look for new friends in real life, but I'm not going to go behind my wife's back to get laid or start a relationship with someone else.

I totally understand but have also seen cases where something begins innocently and gradually evolves to where one partner cannot compete with the online friend. I don't disagree with you, I just think looking can become more than it starts out to be.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    so whats goning on in here?

a lot of excuses
  • Lonestar5715
    Options
    so whats goning on in here?

Chitting and chatting.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What's pretty ironic (although I'm not judging individuals) is that unhappily married people would come to this thread; like if you're unhappy in your marriage, wouldn't you lurk the singles thread?

Easier to pick up unhappy people. :p

So, you mean an unhappily married person on the hunt typically looks for another unhappily married individual?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

My point was, if you're unhappy and looking for attention/conversation...one would think you'd subject yourself in a thread that has singles (if you're after a new catch), not subject yourself to a majority that is married and presumably happy, as this thread is intended for married chit-chatters which inadvertently implies happily married.

i dont think singles can ever understand whats it like to be married...hence y sometime u yearn for some attention form another like married person who is in the same boat and will have a lot more in common...if that makes sense

That makes sense and I understand communicating with people of similar interests/predicaments. As another mentioned, I do agree that it can become a slippery slope, if the person you share that predicament with is of the opposite sex (or the sex you're attracted/married to).
  • jnichel
    edited June 2016
    Options

So, you mean an unhappily married person on the hunt typically looks for another unhappily married individual?

I guess. Possibly. I mean, if you multiply two negative numbers, you get a positive, right? Basic math says that there's no way that scenario can go wrong. :D
  • Lonestar5715
    Options

That makes sense and I understand communicating with people of similar interests/predicaments. As another mentioned, I do agree that it can become a slippery slope, if the person you share that predicament with is of the opposite sex (or the sex you're attracted/married to).

Precisely! Well stated.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

I guess. Possibly. I mean, if you multiply two negative numbers, you get a positive, right? Basic math says that there's no way that scenario can go wrong. :D

haha now that's pretty funny and appreciated as I work with numbers/math all day long.
  • jnichel
    Options

So, if I'm a married man and I'm chitting and chatting with a married woman, who is not my wife, it's only a matter of time before we're doing the horizontal mambo?

I guess I view my marriage differently.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Nope. This was particularly directed for UNHAPPILY married individuals, remember (the negatives)? haha
  • jnichel
    Options
    Nope. This was particularly directed for UNHAPPILY married individuals, remember (the negatives)? haha

Ah, I thought I was doing something wrong there for a second. lol