married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    novio50 wrote: »
    Married, 6 years September, it's been a ride. What do married people do for fun....does anyone vets have a clue?

Go out dancing a lot to events we find fun. I am a dancer, so I also explore a lot of dancing type of events and have shows to go to. Ice skating. Go to the movies (VIP 19+). Hiking a lot. Beach. Lake. Shopping for something fun for both of us and lunch. Occasionally we play some kind of game together, but it's not a frequent thing. Sex of course. Talking. Looking at the stars and planets.

I always find it funny when couples go skating for fun...my husband refuses to skate with me and I used to be a skating coach

we like hiking, go for brunch every weekend, we visit the zoo a lot, museums, travelling

Skating is usually something we do with our kids. But, I did figure roller skating as a kid. And we had a fun roller skating party at our college called roller-rama. Roller skating was big fun for us growing up in the 80's and early 90's, and ice skating every winter outside. I like recreation that is active. And any kind of fun twist on dancing, skating, etc.

I totally get that. No one ever wants to skate with me for fun :( Ok the odd person will realize I can teach them but usually I have no takers except my son
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    hello...ive been following this thread for a while, and since its getting a lot of traffic, thought i would join in too
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    hello...ive been following this thread for a while, and since its getting a lot of traffic, thought i would join in too

Welcome
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    My parents split when I was 11, and my dad married the woman he was seeing on the side. While it was extremely tense, I didn't blame her for breaking up the marriage. In fact, she and I talked several times about it as I got older. Eventually, she and my dad divorced ~20 years ago, but I've kept in contact with her since, and send her a Christmas gift, birthday card, and a Mother's Day card every year, since, to me, she's still my step-mom. I feel bad since she has no children of her own, either, and hasn't remarried. My sister, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with her.

Dad has remarried again, but I refer to her as my dad's wife, not my step-mom. No animosity between us; just semantics.
    Dad's a wife collector. Good hobby. I wish I had a harem like that. Where voluptuous ladies fan me and feed me grapes B)

Dreamer...?
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting the Adam Ant diet. (If anyone remembers him)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My parents split when I was 11, and my dad married the woman he was seeing on the side. While it was extremely tense, I didn't blame her for breaking up the marriage. In fact, she and I talked several times about it as I got older. Eventually, she and my dad divorced ~20 years ago, but I've kept in contact with her since, and send her a Christmas gift, birthday card, and a Mother's Day card every year, since, to me, she's still my step-mom. I feel bad since she has no children of her own, either, and hasn't remarried. My sister, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with her.

Dad has remarried again, but I refer to her as my dad's wife, not my step-mom. No animosity between us; just semantics.
    Dad's a wife collector. Good hobby. I wish I had a harem like that. Where voluptuous ladies fan me and feed me grapes B)

Do you mean your dad is a wife collector with a harem, or mine? Because my dad is certainly far from that, and isn't the least bit proud of his history...
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Red. You're a good man for still giving her a chance.

Thanks. I just can't see abandoning someone just because they are divorced from one of your parents. Also, I've known her for 33 years, and she was very motherly to my wife and I when we were starting out on our own.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    This is the married and looking thread, right?! Haha

I hope so. My wife wants me to bring home more "friends".
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nope. Married and chatting.

you can look at this thread however u want to look at it...some are here who are not fully satisfied with their married life or something is missing in their life...some are here in general to make friends who are married and in the same boat....

its however one wants it to be....only you are the true judge of yourself...
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Too philosophical...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15136-1373640572-27.gif
  • jnichel
    Options
    Nope. Married and chatting.

you can look at this thread however u want to look at it...some are here who are not fully satisfied with their married life or something is missing in their life...some are here in general to make friends who are married and in the same boat....

its however one wants it to be....only you are the true judge of yourself...

So it can be a place to recruit people for the group play session in the hot tub?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    What's pretty ironic (although I'm not judging individuals) is that unhappily married people would come to this thread; like if you're unhappy in your marriage, wouldn't you lurk the singles thread?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    I'm pretty *kitten*' happy, I just want to send the step-kids to boarding school.
  • chevysmommy41
    chevysmommy41 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happily married but hey, looking never hurt anyone ;):D
  • Guns_N_Buns
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What's pretty ironic (although I'm not judging individuals) is that unhappily married people would come to this thread; like if you're unhappy in your marriage, wouldn't you lurk the singles thread?

Single is way different than unhappily married

My point was, if you're unhappy and looking for attention/conversation...one would think you'd subject yourself in a thread that has singles (if you're after a new catch), not subject yourself to a majority that is married and presumably happy, as this thread is intended for married chit-chatters which inadvertently implies happily married.
  • jnichel
    Options

Easier to pick up unhappy people. :p
  • jnichel
    Options
    Happily married but hey, looking never hurt anyone ;):D

How you doin'?
  • chevysmommy41
    chevysmommy41 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, all I am a married stay at home mother with three kids from Southern Indiana. I guess you could say we live the 1950's style life. I cook, clean , take care of the kids and he works takes care of the yard. That may make us sound old but we are not we are both in are early 30's and love life we just like to keep things simple. But, for me as a stay at home mother things get boring at times I get tired of the same old rinse and repeat of life. It seem's like I am always doing the same things. Are there any other stay at home mom's or dad's that deal with this what do you do, how do you change things up, and still stay on budget?
    In the summer we get pool passes so it changes a little we go daily unless it rains and we also visit different parks in the area, as well as any free things that may be going on we do them as well because hey it's free and free is good. LOL. What do you do with your kids that is cheap an easy to do crafts such as that? My kiddos also go to church camp so that is a plus....

My husband and I are both 21 and also live this way. He pays the bills, I take care of the house and baby. I like it that way tho! I'm a clean freak so I couldn't sit back and just watch him clean anyway lol unfortunately I haven't found anything other than going to the park to switch up the same old routine yet :/