married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    My comment wasn't meant to offend, just making a jape of Sleeping with the Enemy.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes sarcasm and humor can get lost without the tone of voice. I don't think anyone meant any offence. I always think as long as the spouse is not abusive and everyone is happy....what the heck
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    My anger was misdirected this morning and I told my husband "I won't be home when you get there, so make your kids dinner"...so, now that I'm cooled off, I still have to stick to my word and I decided I'm going hiking after work. Anyone else have step-kids and all the drama that creates?
  • the1mrsp
    the1mrsp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!

Super married to my superman. RAWR! @WJPthe3rd
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    My anger was misdirected this morning and I told my husband "I won't be home when you get there, so make your kids dinner"...so, now that I'm cooled off, I still have to stick to my word and I decided I'm going hiking after work. Anyone else have step-kids and all the drama that creates?

Not me....thank goodness. ...I have watched to many friends become second partner and have to deal with steps and ex's. Not something I ever want to do. But some people deal with drama way Beyer than others.
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    the1mrsp wrote: »
    perkymommy wrote: »
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!

Super married to my superman. RAWR! @WJPthe3rd

Very married, married more than *sigh* half my life. <3
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    How old are you and how old are they? You look young. Are they like older as in early teens or something?

they're 9 and 11...so, it's hard to separate the "oh, they're just kids and aren't doing it with malicious intent" from the "they know exactly what they're doing and are trying to create a rift".

Once again they told their mother something that was said under my roof and, of course, it was taken (like always) completely out of context, so their mom texts my husband -- as she always does with every little thing -- and says "<kid> said that <me> said bla bla bla"....

• sadsongkrysy
    sadsongkrysy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Why is it only women that have this sixth sense?
    It's unnerving.

I've given up trying to hide anything from my wife, there's no point.
    The woman sees stuff in her dreams!!!

Girl at work flirting with me, wife will describe her to me and what happened exactly the way it did.

I plan to do something that she doesn't approve of. She'll have a dream about my plans and tell me not to go ahead.

My mother has this connection with me, I didn't think my wife would.
    They could be on the other side of the world and they'd know what's up with me.

Is there a kryptonite for this power or am I doomed forever?

I have this exact same 'gift' it scares the hell out of my husband. He thinks I'm a psychic vampire Lmfao.
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    Why is it only women that have this sixth sense?
    It's unnerving.

I've given up trying to hide anything from my wife, there's no point.
    The woman sees stuff in her dreams!!!

Girl at work flirting with me, wife will describe her to me and what happened exactly the way it did.

I plan to do something that she doesn't approve of. She'll have a dream about my plans and tell me not to go ahead.

My mother has this connection with me, I didn't think my wife would.
    They could be on the other side of the world and they'd know what's up with me.

Is there a kryptonite for this power or am I doomed forever?

I have this exact same 'gift' it scares the hell out of my husband. He thinks I'm a psychic vampire Lmfao.

I would say doomed forever ... ask my husband of 28 years. ...he says he deals with spooky *kitten*.
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    How old are you and how old are they? You look young. Are they like older as in early teens or something?

they're 9 and 11...so, it's hard to separate the "oh, they're just kids and aren't doing it with malicious intent" from the "they know exactly what they're doing and are trying to create a rift".

Once again they told their mother something that was said under my roof and, of course, it was taken (like always) completely out of context, so their mom texts my husband -- as she always does with every little thing -- and says "<kid> said that <me> said bla bla bla"....

How long have you been the evil stepmama?
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Married, 6 years September, it's been a ride. What do married people do for fun....does anyone vets have a clue?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

6 years....6 long years...

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    my cousin ended up divorcing her second husband who was the love of her life because she was the evil stop mom. The son had lots of behavioural issues and it basically became him or her. Of course the dad chose him. She was even arrested one day because the step son embellished some incident
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it really depends on the kids and the other parent. I'm sure some try to make big deals out of things like Guns' seems to do. My cousin's set son was troubled...they stayed at our house while we were away and I found all these notes in my desk informing me he wanted to kill me and such
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm sure it really depends on the kids and the other parent. I'm sure some try to make big deals out of things like Guns' seems to do. My cousin's set son was troubled...they stayed at our house while we were away and I found all these notes in my desk informing me he wanted to kill me and such

Wow that's scary.. did the get him help?
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    ^

Perhaps stepmoms should unite with other eligible bachelors ;)

Yeah like they another kid in their life
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    ^

Perhaps stepmoms should unite with other eligible bachelors ;)

Yeah like they another kid in their life

Sorry need *
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    They're not bad like that. They never mouthed off to me or did the dreaded "you're not my mom!" type tantrum. But for whatever reason, at random times, she's texting hubby asking why we did this or said that (it could have been ages ago).

I wish I just knew whether they volunteer that info or if she interrogates it out of them. Regardless, I think she's a moron for not recognizing that a kid can take things out of context and for complaining to my hubby...
  • DarleneReid577
    Options

6 years....6 long years...

Wow and the kids still have that much power. Maybe you and husband need to set rules about what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Or hire hit man...lmao.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I have been a step parent for 17+ years... the Stepson was 10 or 11when I met him with extreme ADHD... developmentally delayed.. with an IQ of around 80... He's just smart enough to think he is normal... emotionally he's about 12-14 years old...chronologically he's 29... up until about 5 years ago "fun" for him was playing cops and robbers with the rest of the 10 year olds in the neighborhood... and he has alcoholism and substance abuse issues... of course it is all my fault... As a step parent.. you learn to pick the battles worth fighting and leave the rest in the hands of the Creator.