married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    it just depends what works for you and your partner...having more gap in your sex days in a marriage is normal...kids, chores, priority...wifes mood etc....lol

but i think i can make my man feel like a teenager again when i click my fingers...;)...its better to spice up your life then fall in a midlife crisis in a marriage

True. Ha, wife's mood - I suppose most men never say no. It's good to have powers.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    He has two boys that we have every other week. We don't have sex, literally, every day -- although majority of the weeks we do -- there are definitely times when we fight or TOM, but it all averages out to be about once per day. He definitely wants it more than I do 90% of the time, but I still do it for his sake.
    Oh, and TOM generally equates to other forms of intimacy, if you catch my drift.

Ah, I took you literally. Having a child definitely changed our sex life. Our son is 19 now. I guess I'll let him stay home until he finishes college. I def think our intimacy will improve when he moves out or isn't at home as much.

Nope, I don't catch that drift. If I feel crappy, I don't need to make him feel good. If he feels crappy, I try to help him with the laundry or the dishes >:) . It equals out.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    We have frequent sex. Sometimes it's every day. Sometimes a few times a week. Sometimes we go a week in between when life is busy or we are sick or whatever. Sometimes it's more fun after a short break, though! Sometimes it's good to let it build.

Exactly. And happy four-year MFP anniversary!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    We have frequent sex. Sometimes it's every day. Sometimes a few times a week. Sometimes we go a week in between when life is busy or we are sick or whatever. Sometimes it's more fun after a short break, though! Sometimes it's good to let it build.

I've mentioned this to him about giving me a break so I can want it again. That lasts for maybe a day or two. It's weird; when he goes away on business, all of a sudden I want it and have to break out the BOB.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    He has two boys that we have every other week. We don't have sex, literally, every day -- although majority of the weeks we do -- there are definitely times when we fight or TOM, but it all averages out to be about once per day. He definitely wants it more than I do 90% of the time, but I still do it for his sake.
    Oh, and TOM generally equates to other forms of intimacy, if you catch my drift.

Ah, I took you literally. Having a child definitely changed our sex life. Our son is 19 now. I guess I'll let him stay home until he finishes college. I def think our intimacy will improve when he moves out or isn't at home as much.

Nope, I don't catch that drift. If I feel crappy, I don't need to make him feel good. If he feels crappy, I try to help him with the laundry or the dishes >:) . It equals out.

I thought the same thing about the intimacy in our home after our children left until my wife served me with divorce papers the 2nd year after the last one was gone. The lesson I learned was be careful what you assume.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

I thought the same thing about the intimacy in our home after our children left until my wife served me with divorce papers the 2nd year after the last one was gone. The lesson I learned was be careful what you assume.

Yes!
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I won't tell about our sex life we don't have one
    Hysterectomy at 50 now 70
    He has tried everything but he has problems also
    I am OK with it
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options

I've mentioned this to him about giving me a break so I can want it again. That lasts for maybe a day or two. It's weird; when he goes away on business, all of a sudden I want it and have to break out the BOB.

I know I'm wired differently. I am often in the mood in the mornings, but at night, I'm spent. Holidays are wonderful. I can't imagine every day for twenty years; there was a time in the beginning, but then life got in the way. I think the expectation would piss me off more than the action.

Sad. Sorry to hear that. I can see how there might be some struggles with an empty nest. Have you remarried and it is a happy ending since you're chitting and chatting here?

I am trying to get more into fitness to keep up with hubsters and be able to do sporting activities together. We both work full-time and our son is not the center of our universe as he was when he was younger, so we should be okay. We are just starting to travel on our own, leaving the boy at home alone, which has been wonderful. We talk about these things often; I don't think I'm assuming anything. Though, if he were to discover there are young wives out there having sex daily, I very well might be the one served with divorce papers . . . let's just keep this little tidbit in the vault.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

I know I'm wired differently. I am often in the mood in the mornings, but at night, I'm spent. Holidays are wonderful. I can't imagine every day for twenty years; there was a time in the beginning, but then life got in the way. I think the expectation would piss me off more than the action.

Yes, this is annoying at times. It's also annoying when I fall asleep before he gets to bed and I wake up with an obvious attempt at him trying to pull my pants off (I hate waking up with my pants at my knees) or wake up to the bed shaking from him...handling it himself. haha. So, I just figure what the hell..I'll give him 5 minutes to not be awoken in an annoying matter.
  • Lonestar5715
    Options

Sad. Sorry to hear that. I can see how there might be some struggles with an empty nest. Have you remarried and it is a happy ending since you're chitting and chatting here?

I am trying to get more into fitness to keep up with hubsters and be able to do sporting activities together. We both work full-time and our son is not the center of our universe as he was when he was younger, so we should be okay. We are just starting to travel on our own, leaving the boy at home alone, which has been wonderful. We talk about these things often; I don't think I'm assuming anything. Though, if he were to discover there are young wives out there having sex daily, I very well might be the one served with divorce papers . . . let's just keep this little tidbit in the vault.

Not remarried but separated (so technically married) as the details of the divorce are finalized. We did tons of activities together including marriage retreats, grocery shopping, household chores, deeply involved in church and raised our two children. I felt after 32 years the hardest struggles were well past but there's those assumptions again. It's all good, life is about change; some we can affect and some we cannot. I try to focus on the things I can change.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*

Hey! Meow's it going?
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    Wow, lonestar. That must have been a shock. I think of my husband as my best friend; getting served with papers would be a big surprise for me too. Sounds like there wasn't much you could have done about it; she must have keeping her true feelings hidden. You have a good attitude. I hope you find much happiness in your new adventures.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you're going through that.
  • Lonestar5715
    Options
    Thanks Rachelle and Noelani. But enough about this, I hope I have not de-railed the conversation threads that had already been started here. Carry on people!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rachelle and Noelani. But enough about this, I hope I have not de-railed the conversation threads that had already been started here. Carry on people!

You haven't derailed anything. It's an important conversation. Sorry you went through that. Wishing you a happy future with new surprises ahead for you.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*

Hey! Meow's it going?

It's going good right meow!
  • X_Sooner
    X_Sooner Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I got here late.
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    whats this 'kitten' you guys write? i dont get it!!

• BinaryPulsar
    Options
    whats this 'kitten' you guys write? i dont get it!!

We don't write it. If we type a swear word it gets converted to kitten.