Planking Challenge

Options
Holly_Wood_888
Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
So good to push ourselves out of our comfort zone.
I know I am weak when it comes to the core so I am taking this One Month Plank Challenge - All Welcome !
k5r5jjlp2p9r.jpg

Replies

• amytheytookmynamebridget
    amytheytookmynamebridget Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Out of curiosity, are you going to do this on your hands (arms locked) or were you thinking of doing this on your elbows?

If you're able to add me to this challenge, I'm interested in taking it on :)
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    This is the position I choose :) Just post on this page and let me know how your progress is going :)

3qxrobkq8tll.jpg
  • jewelsrealm
    jewelsrealm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    Welcome jewel !
  • dkt01
    dkt01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • seannaj26
    seannaj26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Is there a daily post?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,987 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm in. I paddleboard, but I always need to work on my core in other ways to keep it strong for when I'm not paddling. Will try to post daily, or I won't do it.

Day 1 Done! 20 seconds. (and I actually added an extra 40 seconds so I could long it here...dang, why can't you log less than a minute for an exercise...so limited).
  • Holly_Wood_888
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You can post daily or weekly ... whatever you prefer - You can post where your at and how you feel your doing :) Welcome everyone ♥

Day 7: 45 Seconds Today
  • PeacefulUnicorn
    PeacefulUnicorn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete - 32 seconds!
  • m_tmartin
    m_tmartin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting this challenge late. But I have been doing my planks already and I am up to the one minute mark
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would like to start this challenge. It will be good low impact. :)
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After 40 seconds I start shaking
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will join! I actually do the same position as the picture above. Does the challenge expect X seconds in one go? Or total for the day?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - 20 seconds - Done! (actually did 30 seconds x 2 today, so I could log 1 minute guilt free with the app)

webbz92 - I started shaking today after only 10 seconds...so you are doing better than me!

chickboy0 - I don't know that it matters...my personal goal is to try to do at least the required amount at one time, though I may change my tune once we get up over a minute or so and may have to intentionally break it down into smaller sets that get totaled together.

Congrats Orphia...are you continuing to do them?
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Options
    chickboy0 wrote: »
    I will join! I actually do the same position as the picture above. Does the challenge expect X seconds in one go? Or total for the day?

One go :)

• m_tmartin
    m_tmartin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What day are we on? Day seven?
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, 5 minutes is a huge leap hahaha. Well I am already up to a minute, so I guess i'll start around that mark and aim for 90 seconds in a few days.
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've never really done a plank before, but I'm in. Will start today - a day late.