Planking Challenge

Options

Replies

• buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done - very proud of my first minute :)
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done ;)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Day 11 - Done! (62 seconds - straight arm)
    Tomorrow is going to be brutal!! :worried:
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Day 4: Did 60 seconds yesterday but was happy to get 35 today, after a hard day at the gym. :wink:
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Rest Day! :)
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Day 12 - Done! (93 seconds straight arm) - I'm sure my form was horrible due to a strain in my lower back...I have no idea how I lasted for 90 seconds. Thanks goodness tomorrow is a plank rest day. :)
  • SashEdwards
    Options
    Day 4 done....still a struggle, but keeping at it ;)
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Day 5 done. I was still sore from lifting yesterday :sweat_smile:
  • CarrieA180
    Options
    Day 7 done! :)
  • b3achy
    Options
    Day 13 - REST!! Done and done!!! :smiley:
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Day 6: Rest day. Thank goodness; I swam and lifted today. Which tends more to be followed by going to bed early, than planking. :wink:
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done - finally! 30 seconds in each straight arm and bent arm.

I didn't do any the last 2 days (Sat & Sun) as I was quite tired from riding my bike. Back at it today :#
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    day 6 & 7 - done
  • CarrieA180
    Options
    Day 8 done!

Great job everyone! :)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This might be a stupid question, but is it just one plank a day?
  • CarrieA180
    Options
    Day 9 done! :)
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

Yes. One plank hold by following the chart each day. It's alot harder then I thought it would be.
  • SashEdwards
    Options
    I missed a day so I caught up yesterday, day 5 complete. Frustrating....I couldn't do the straight 40 seconds, I had to take a rest after 20 so it was split. Argh! Rest day today....
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I missed a day so I caught up yesterday, day 5 complete. Frustrating....I couldn't do the straight 40 seconds, I had to take a rest after 20 so it was split. Argh! Rest day today....

I'm on another site and they just count total plank time. Some can do a single plank for 2 minutes, other will split it out into 4 planks of 30 seconds. The OP originally said one plank, but frankly, with my lower back, I too may have to split out some of mine now that I'm up to 90 seconds (it about did me in). Still debating if I will stick on a day until I can do one for the full time, or if I will just keep moving through the days but split them into more manageable times given my limitation. I think you still get great benefit from doing them even if you have to split them but do the total time. And I'd rather being doing shorter ones and stick to doing them, than not do them at all because I couldn't do it all in one go. But to each his own.

And I'm sort of curious if the OP has finished the challenge since I've not seen her post for a while. I'm thinking that final 5 minutes of planking is going to be super brutal if done in one session.
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    I'm going to start doing this every other day, with my regular lifting. I can't lift three times a week, swim five times a week, and plank everyday. Maybe I'm too old. :wink:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    CarrieA180 wrote: »
    Day 9 done! :)
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

Yes. One plank hold by following the chart each day. It's alot harder then I thought it would be.

Thanks. Good job! The first time I did a plank, I could've sworn the devil himself came up with the idea.