Planking Challenge

Replies

• CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Day 15 done! :#

Switched to a straight arm halfway!
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    Day 11 done over here. Pretty excited to get through 90s tomorrow though.
  • ccheiden
    Well done everyone so far! Such an easy little challenge to give yourself a little willpower boost for the day.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,975 Member
    Day 16 - Done! (123 seconds - Straight Arm)

Finally got it done in one set. It's such a mental exercise as much as it is physical.
  • CarrieA180
    Day 15 done, halfway through! :)

• Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    Does everyone do this in one set, or do you break it up?

I'm at day 19 and on a good day I do 2 + 1 min.
  • b3achy
    edited June 2016
    Sixel wrote: »
    Does everyone do this in one set, or do you break it up?

I'm at day 19 and on a good day I do 2 + 1 min.

OP said all one set, but haven't seen them posting much lately. Right now, if it takes me more than one set, I'm repeating the day until I can get it done in one set. I may change my mind as it gets higher, and just settle for multiple sets as long as I get the total time. But I'm a believer in some is better than none.
  • b3achy
    Day 17 - Attempted. Took 2 sets to do 2 minutes (62 seconds and 71 seconds). Will try again tomorrow.
  • CarrieA180
    Day 16 done: I broke it up in 30's, 120 seconds total.

I came to realize that this challenge is over my head doing it in 1 set. I still have 100 pounds to lose. I don't have the mental/physical toughness to do 1 set. Maybe someday! ;) Good luck!

For now, I'm following an app, doing it my way, and finishing it. :)

Good luck!
  • b3achy
    I'm with you @CarrieA180. I think getting through it using multiple sets is better than quitting it because you can't do the one set. Since I did the 2 minutes in one go already, I'm shooting to do it again...but I really think I might break up the future days into manageable sets just to get them knocked out and done. Though I have to say the mental challenge of doing it in one set pushes me past what I think I can do, and sometimes I really need that push.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Okay, I strained my shoulder trying to control a friend's crazy dog from running away in a strange neighborhood. I'll try this again in July maybe, or August if need be. Have fun!
  • b3achy
    Ugh having a mental block with getting Day 17 (120 sec) done in one set. Ended up doing 3.5 minutes total, but still couldn't pull off 120 sec in one set yet. My sets were: Straight Arm for 61 seconds; Flex Arm for 30 seconds; Straight Arm for 91 seconds; Flex Arm for 31 seconds. Tomorrow is another day.
  • insertsaidusername
    insertsaidusername Posts: 5 Member
    I want to join even though I'm late
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Day 8 done! 45 seconds each in bent arm and straight arm with 3 full minutes of rest in between :D
  • CliftonBullard
    CliftonBullard Posts: 2 Member
    I run a martial arts school in Memphis, TN, and every month for 2016 I've been issuing a challenge to my students. This exact challenge was the one we did in January! For those of you pursuing it, it's tough, but YOU CAN DO IT!

I was really glad we tackled this as our first Challenge, because it really drove something home to me.

I don't have to hold Plank for 4 more minutes, or whatever the clock says. I just have to hold on for ONE MORE SECOND... and I can do just about ANYTHING for one second!

What about the second after that one? Or the next one?

They don't exist. The only thing that exists, the only thing that really matters, is THIS second, right now. Why should I worry about something that doesn't even exist?

Good luck, and hang in there!

107385540.png
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Day 9 - 1 minute each in bent arm and straight arm done!! Again with 3 minutes rest in between. The rest really gave me the recovery time I needed to perform the latter set in better form.
  • sueelaineparker
    sueelaineparker Posts: 51 Member
    Ah I love planking! Wish I saw it sooner! I really lose track of time when I'm doing it, I just kind of buckle down haha :)
    Does anyone move their leg to the side then back to centre again as a challenge? :)
  • DSwales11
    DSwales11 Posts: 1,955 Member
    Day 18 complete @slimgirljo15 . I did have to take a break after the first 100 seconds, but I got it done. Looking forward to the day off tomorrow.
  • ccheiden
    Day 16 done. 2 minutes was tough but doable. I'll be looking forward to that rest on Day 19.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    So good to push ourselves out of our comfort zone.
    I know I am weak when it comes to the core so I am taking this One Month Plank Challenge - All Welcome !
    k5r5jjlp2p9r.jpg

@Holly_Wood_888 How are you going with the challenge?

It's OK to tweak it according to your current abilities and activities.

I completed it in April, and have done many 5 minute planks since then, but since last weekend when I did 42 km of mountain bushwalking, I've given my body a rest. Will get back to it tonight.