• buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    day 8 & 9 done (i missed yesterday because I fell asleep...) 2 today
  • DSwales11
    DSwales11 Posts: 1,955 Member
    @slimgirljo15 day 7 done.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Day 4 done! 30 seconds each in straight arm and bent arm.

It's getting hard at 30 seconds already... I could still do them back-to-back, paused briefly to stop and restart the timer, but reckon I will need to take a break in between for anything longer than 45 seconds :|
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Day 10 done!

Went down half way through for a few seconds but finished it. :)

I definitely see myself doing the straight arm and bent arm as it progressives, too.
  • buxbert
    day 10 done - this is getting harder!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,986 Member
    edited June 2016
    Missed a couple days - I'm sure part of it was dreading doing 90 seconds after the rest day...but back on it...not sure why I made up both days...tomorrow will now be 120 seconds - OMG!

Day 14 - Done! (95 seconds straight arm)
    (30 min break)
    Day 15 - Done! (93 seconds straight arm)
  • shaunasortiz
    shaunasortiz Posts: 1 Member
    aijd7kfn8lcp.jpg
    oye. i'm about 2.5 weeks into this one... for the 3 minute duration. 5 minutes was not in my vocabulary. I also think i could be slightly more horizontal.. but- one day at a time.
  • CarrieA180
    Day 11 done!

Great job everyone!! :)
  • narak_lol
    Day 5 done! 45 seconds in each of straight arm and bent arm, had to take a 30 seconds rest in between... Seems the bent arm is more strengnous to me, anyone feels the same? Or just because I do it after the straight arm, maybe I will switch the order next time to see if it feels any difference.

I thought of not doing it today as I am physically tired from the bike ride today, it is Dragon Boat Festival holiday here today so went for a long ride. But while I was waiting for the dinner to be cooked and thought why not just get down to do it :D
  • b3achy
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Day 5 done! 45 seconds in each of straight arm and bent arm, had to take a 30 seconds rest in between... Seems the bent arm is more strengnous to me, anyone feels the same? Or just because I do it after the straight arm, maybe I will switch the order next time to see if it feels any difference.

I too think the straight arm is easier than the bent arm, though online some of the sites say straight arm is harder for some people and others say straight arm is a beginner position and easier to start out doing. One site even said that straight arm is easier in one article, and then in another article the same site said straight arm is harder. I suspect it depends on which of your muscle groups is stronger. I've been doing straight arm, otherwise I'm not sure I'd get through doing the planks in one session. Per one site, "a forearm plank will help you target those abs more effectively, but a standard straight-arm plank is better for total-body conditioning", so it also depends on what you are trying to achieve with planks.
  • narak_lol
    b3achy wrote: »
    I too think the straight arm is easier than the bent arm, though online some of the sites say straight arm is harder for some people and others say straight arm is a beginner position and easier to start out doing. One site even said that straight arm is easier in one article, and then in another article the same site said straight arm is harder. I suspect it depends on which of your muscle groups is stronger. I've been doing straight arm, otherwise I'm not sure I'd get through doing the planks in one session. Per one site, "a forearm plank will help you target those abs more effectively, but a standard straight-arm plank is better for total-body conditioning", so it also depends on what you are trying to achieve with planks.

Many thanks for sharing the information you researched - very useful to know!
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    I'm going to join in. I'll start at day 9 60s, I've been adding planks into my workouts the last few months so skipping the first 8 days isn't a big deal.

I've always done straight arm planks, but I have no clue which one I "should" be doing. It's probably close and the important thing is just doing it.
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    Done, I'm excited to see what 5 minutes will be like in the end. It just seems crazy to be there for 5 minutes.
  • b3achy
    Day 16 - Done (sort of). Had to do two sets of straight arm - 68 seconds and 64 seconds. May stay on day 16 until I can do it in one set...we'll see.
  • DSwales11
    @slimgirljo15 Day 9 complete. 60 seconds wasn't fun, but it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.
  • CarrieA180
    Day 12 done! :)

• narak_lol
    Day 7 done!

45 seconds in each of bent arm and straight arm. I switched the order so bent arm first, it did feel easier than the 40 seconds yesterday but I was seriously shaking when came to do the straight arm afterwards :#
  • buxbert
    day 12 done, still have to do day 11;have to stop shaking first... :D
  • CarrieA180
    Rest Day! B)
  • DSwales11
    Day 11 complete @slimgirljo15 . Starting on the rest of the workout now.